dessndave

Age gap she is 18 turning 19 as I am 35

136 posts in this topic

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No john and Jean did it without a lawyer! you took a snip and used it for a quote, makes you look --------------

No Jack, TALLCOOLONE did not use a lawyer! However, he and I have both been here long enough to know there are more people that have wished that they had not used a lawyer!

If you have red flags, or, are unable to read, and interpret literally maybe you should seek help!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

for me im using someone to do it for the ease.

and less headache.

if something dont go good they can consult.

to help explain alot faster. and alot clearer.

hard enough gathering all this stuff since it was not planned.

If I was planning everything and intending this it would have been alot easier.

Ya I probably could do it on my own.

But why would I risk it when i get sidetracked easily & have too much on my plate for sitting and concentrating..

I Do thank a few of you for your tips thoughts & more.

Sad part of lots is all the negativity.

People using assistance/lawyers etc.

and people without.

its the same no matter what.

Yes lawyers get vacations so do you.

For me I would like to get this started this yr. to make things a bit easier on me.

If I did not outsource I would not even be as far as I am now.

This is something I need but it may not be for everyone.

Especially since I don't understand all the terms & it's nice having other perspectives also.

Edited by David_Dessa

GC in Hand since nov/dec11
Currently in Process of I-751 Waiting Period.

delivered 9-12-13 NOA Dated 9-12-13 w/amount received. Received 9-16-13

Biometrics Received 9-27-13 APP: 10-15-13 3pm.
House is Listed for Sale & Hopefully it will sell soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok my fiance is 18 turning 19 within a month.

I am currently filling forms out. And preparing them to be sent in.

Yes some may think im crazy cause of her age. I thought about it many times. *But I Love her & am Happy with her*

But honestly At the beginning Never imagined being with her.

But in time things grew into more & couldn't get her out of my mind.

She is a great person & honestly not looking for money Thank god.

But down to my question.

has anyone gone to the interview and know what they say about that age gap?

Specific tactical questions etc?

My fiance is very shy and that is about all that I worry about.

And what issues that may cross our paths.

Idea's Suggestions Greatly appreciated.

I did hire a lawyer for the papers as I have a few complicated issues. in my thoughts.

example Taking time to perfect paperwork. etc. a bit of money for help to get it processed and done is better then spending 6months on my own to make sure it's all perfect.

I was going to do it on my own. until i read a bit deeper...

Thank you.

My Pinay wife and I have an age difference of around 25 years (me 46 and she is 22). the age difference was never asked, mentioned or even brought up at her interview (july 09). I would not give the age "issue" a 2nd thought.

relax..........................

Timeline

I thought about using one of those services but then thought about it some more, can you find someone out there that cares about your future more then you. if they screw up or mishandle your case do you think they really care? probably not because they have your money already. by the time you gather up all your stuff to send to a lawyer youre almost done, fill out a few forms , put it all in order in a folder and send it to uscis, all you do is pay a high price for a lawyer to send it off. its fairly simple, little time consuming, stressful at times, but you know exactly whats going on. some use lawyers and some dont, but there all over rated, telling you how hard it is and how bad the embassy interview is. ITS NOT . sent ours aug 29th going for interview dec 4th. its all up to you .good luck

Timeline
The age between my Pinay wife and myself is 18 years (37) and (55). I can't imagine marrying someone my daughter's age. I think the relationship is possible if you lived in the Phillipines like Walter (66) she (19) but she wants a divorce when the sex stopped. So you really got to ask yourself soberly what this VERY young woman is going to do if you got her into the States and she meets other Philippino sees younger guys etc, etc. My friend shipped back an 18 year old in two weeks. I sincerely wish you the best but I think you're dreaming. Try a Pinay that's grown up like in her 30s? Sorry to sound so negative but I know a lot about Pinay women now and you're inviting a challenge the both of you maybe don't need?

My 2 pesos worth.....

The OP is 35. I don't see a big deal with a 35 y/o man being in love with an almost 19 y/o PI woman.

In the Canadian forums one of my friends is 20 and her fiance is 34.

My fiance is almost 22 and I just turned 31.

This is not such a big age gap.

age gap is not a big deal anyway, it depends on you as long as you love each other and prove them that they are wrong, you don't really care what people say, and please make it sure that your fiance filipina knows the nice value of a marriage, and second send her to school to learn more..and you need to guide her..tell her what is best for you both..Good luck...

My husband went thru manila embassy. We are 3 years apart. At that time USEM Manila concerned about big age gaps . Even though we are close in age the CO asked questions about our ages. If you read the threads from 2007 I vaguely remember at that point in time a lot of people were getting those red flags. But hey dont worry theres a lot of couples like u out there, just check out Robinsons Mall near Malate . :innocent:

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

My husband went thru manila embassy. We are 3 years apart. At that time USEM Manila concerned about big age gaps . Even though we are close in age the CO asked questions about our ages. If you read the threads from 2007 I vaguely remember at that point in time a lot of people were getting those red flags. But hey dont worry theres a lot of couples like u out there, just check out Robinsons Mall near Malate . :innocent:

Filipinas have always gone for mature older men. The age gap issue/acceptance is as old as time there. WHen something is a cultural norm, the Consulate takes that seriously and understands it. So why would things change in the past 2 years. Maybe YOU made your own interpretation of things. :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Filipinas have always gone for mature older men.

so that's why i never met a pi girl! :protest::P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filipinas have always gone for mature older men. The age gap issue/acceptance is as old as time there. WHen something is a cultural norm, the Consulate takes that seriously and understands it. So why would things change in the past 2 years. Maybe YOU made your own interpretation of things. :whistle:

Possible reasons for the scrutiny is that JelloShotGirl is an American lady who petitioned a Filipino guy which is not the norm. And if I remember correctly, she is 3 years older than Philip, her now husband.

Timeline

Almost the same as me and I got approved with no problem. Look at Phoebe Cates and her husband, there's a gap there.

You only need a lawyer if you don't want to do a lot of reading. It's pretty simple, but don't make mistakes, mistakes cause delays.

Once you get the approval notice, it's pretty much approved, you just need the other paperwork stuff to finish the process and that final interview for her is just a last chance for them to make sure it's real and not fake, so send your girl greeting cards and print out 500 pages of emails for her to bring to the interview and have 10 to 20 pictures of you and her together and if she can speak english pretty good, they won't even think anything at all. With me and my girl it's happening pretty fast so I think I only have about 300 pages for her, but that's good enough, but my first wife it was about 500 pages, a whole ream of paper and about 20 greeting cards.

Timeline
Ok my fiance is 18 turning 19 within a month.

I am currently filling forms out. And preparing them to be sent in.

Yes some may think im crazy cause of her age. I thought about it many times. *But I Love her & am Happy with her*

But honestly At the beginning Never imagined being with her.

But in time things grew into more & couldn't get her out of my mind.

She is a great person & honestly not looking for money Thank god.

But down to my question.

has anyone gone to the interview and know what they say about that age gap?

Specific tactical questions etc?

My fiance is very shy and that is about all that I worry about.

And what issues that may cross our paths.

Idea's Suggestions Greatly appreciated.

I did hire a lawyer for the papers as I have a few complicated issues. in my thoughts.

example Taking time to perfect paperwork. etc. a bit of money for help to get it processed and done is better then spending 6months on my own to make sure it's all perfect.

I was going to do it on my own. until i read a bit deeper...

Thank you.

hello! i was talking to another filipina during my medical exam at st. luke's way back june (it was her second medical exam since it took a year before they re-process her case again). she and her fiance had a big age gap. according to her, due to the age gap, her case was forwarded to the anti-fraud unit during her interview at the US embassy in manila. she was questioned for almost a day. i'd suggest you better come up with a lot of evidence of your existing relationship. my fiance (now my hubby) forwarded 4 inches thick document to the NVC when he filed k1 petition for me. we only have 1 year age gap. he printed all our emails and chats, skype call logs, snail mail, about 50 pics of us together (we met 3 times in person in span of less 10 months before he filed the petition). our case was approved in less than 5 months. i think it really helps if you have a lot of evidence to prove your relationship.

I suggest you bring at least 50 pics of you two with family and friends.

Also, bring a whole ream of printed emails and chats.

If she is good with english and she ans all questions without problem (ie: your work, your kids if any, your past marriage if any, your address in US) age should not come up at all.

Husband and I have 19 years of age gap... no age question was ever asked.

There's no need to send tons and tons of evidence for USCIS or NVC stage. Send just enough and bring everything on the date of the interview instead. It is the embassy who is more concerned about relationship validity rather than the USCIS or NVC. I'm not saying don't send any pics to USCIS, BUT don't over load it too much if your case is just simple and uncomplicated. (meaning... no previous arrest for domestic violence, or complicated issues about annulment and etc.)

Timeline
I suggest you bring at least 50 pics of you two with family and friends.

Also, bring a whole ream of printed emails and chats.

If she is good with english and she ans all questions without problem (ie: your work, your kids if any, your past marriage if any, your address in US) age should not come up at all.

Husband and I have 19 years of age gap... no age question was ever asked.

There's no need to send tons and tons of evidence for USCIS or NVC stage. Send just enough and bring everything on the date of the interview instead. It is the embassy who is more concerned about relationship validity rather than the USCIS or NVC. I'm not saying don't send any pics to USCIS, BUT don't over load it too much if your case is just simple and uncomplicated. (meaning... no previous arrest for domestic violence, or complicated issues about annulment and etc.)

what i have observed during my interview is that the file sent to NVC for the K1 petition is the same file that is forwarded to the US embassy for your interview. it will be the same file the consul will be referring to during your interview. so i would say at the very start of the process, you may want to establish that you have a real and legitimate relationship. and if it is possible, be there during her interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.