dessndave

Age gap she is 18 turning 19 as I am 35

136 posts in this topic

we had the 33 years age gap and we got the visa in this year in august and never had any problem or the CO never asked any question about the age during the interview, good luck, abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
The difference in ages is not at all unusual, except that she is still just a teenager, so your judgment needs to be sound as you pursue this. That's for you to handle. Only when she is interviewed, (and hopefully you will be there) would the question of her youthfulness be raised, what are the plans for her in the U.S., etc. etc. Good luck.

I agree. I think you should be with her during interview. =)

It's not vital for the man to be at the interview in Manila. If you bring strong evidence of a genuine relationship, Pinay does fine and walks out with a pink slip. If Man is petitioning girl in Vietnam, China, India, Pakistan, Ecuador, Columbia, then, yes, he HAS to be there to have any chance of the visa getting approved.

Regarding Vietnam the above statement is wrong. The USC isn't allowed in with the benficiary. We get to wait across the street. Being there is great support for your SO, but is not required and has not been shown to have any meaningful impact as a general rule.

A well prepared case with the proper evidence will result in success. A poorly prepared case with the petitioner standing there will have a lot more problems.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I simply cant imagine 32 yr age gap... 18 and 50? or something similar :unsure:

It's OK, you don't have to! :goofy:

LOL!!! Thanks! I try to help someone and get negativity. she simply can"t imagine so I won't say anymore Don't want to get kick off! LOL!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

well currently trying to find all my stubs And some receipts of stuff we did while I was there.

but taxi's & jips dont usually give you a receipt. LOL...

with how swollen my feet were this yr made going places a bit hard except for store's and few other things.

Dentist for her. I basically had to force her to go cause she was scared to death of a dentist.

They put her thru some pain she cried but all in all to the end was well worth 200 bucks.

gets bad when tooth is broke for long time down to the gums. and 3-6 tubes of Novocain.

I stood there crying with her cause it hurt to see her in the pain.

after She is capable of coming here and able to work. will save lots up and I want to hopefully find a way to get her sisters cliff lip fixed and a little dental hopefully she will talk a bit better. harder on someone 22 then 1-15years.

wonders which country she would have to goto to get that fixed.

thanks for all the replies about the age gap.

and for those who keep pushing to have her grown up a bit more.

it is not needed as out of many girls over the years i have known or dated she is wiser and smarter then them.

and I don't second guess anything about her. i could drop 100k if i had it in her hand. and she would put it away and not touch it without my permission as would her family...

sadly to say the kids in her barangay wouldnt touch any of the money sitting there. i purposely left 20k sitting in the sala(living room) most that happened was nicely moved to the side and they told me i should put it away.

thanks everyone. as I am sure with her. or else I would not be posting or following steps thru this process if i was not serious.

I believe in 1 marriage and only 1 marriage. after she can freely travel we plan to go back to phil... to get a friend & family traditional wedding.

1 lechon baboy and some manuck desserts salads etc... is my thoughts.

GC in Hand since nov/dec11
Currently in Process of I-751 Waiting Period.

delivered 9-12-13 NOA Dated 9-12-13 w/amount received. Received 9-16-13

Biometrics Received 9-27-13 APP: 10-15-13 3pm.
House is Listed for Sale & Hopefully it will sell soon.

The age difference is not a big issue in the Philippines. The important thing is to prove a bona fide relationship. You may want to post in the Philippines regional forum here on VJ to get fedback from others that have Manila experience.

Best of luck to you.

:thumbs: yeah its true... me-28 and my fiance is 51... but were happy and goin stronger.... :dance::luv:

Awww how come a cancel?

And that was a fast involvement into a relationship in my opinion. but it is highly possible and workable.

I am currently trying to get us more proof of a relationship besides sending money and couple chats that we had time with.

Not money for there needs but money for my needs... She buys stuff I ask for and ships to me. as it is alot cheaper to buy there then it is here. also to pay for our load & unli call & text.

I love my smart plug n talk... allows her to call me unlimited for a whole month for 500p for her. and 300p for me for 3months or so.

yes, we did... and its very sad part, but u know we have own reasons and this is for our future and happiness so we decided to do that... but of course we will gonna refile it by next yr. and hopefully by the year 2010 we will be together in the U.S.A.... ohhh.. he will gonna visit me by next year sooo very happy and excited about that hehehehe....

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

well currently trying to find all my stubs And some receipts of stuff we did while I was there.

but taxi's & jips dont usually give you a receipt. LOL...

with how swollen my feet were this yr made going places a bit hard except for store's and few other things.

Dentist for her. I basically had to force her to go cause she was scared to death of a dentist.

They put her thru some pain she cried but all in all to the end was well worth 200 bucks.

gets bad when tooth is broke for long time down to the gums. and 3-6 tubes of Novocain.

I stood there crying with her cause it hurt to see her in the pain.

after She is capable of coming here and able to work. will save lots up and I want to hopefully find a way to get her sisters cliff lip fixed and a little dental hopefully she will talk a bit better. harder on someone 22 then 1-15years.

wonders which country she would have to goto to get that fixed.

thanks for all the replies about the age gap.

and for those who keep pushing to have her grown up a bit more.

it is not needed as out of many girls over the years i have known or dated she is wiser and smarter then them.

and I don't second guess anything about her. i could drop 100k if i had it in her hand. and she would put it away and not touch it without my permission as would her family...

sadly to say the kids in her barangay wouldnt touch any of the money sitting there. i purposely left 20k sitting in the sala(living room) most that happened was nicely moved to the side and they told me i should put it away.

thanks everyone. as I am sure with her. or else I would not be posting or following steps thru this process if i was not serious.

I believe in 1 marriage and only 1 marriage. after she can freely travel we plan to go back to phil... to get a friend & family traditional wedding.

1 lechon baboy and some manuck desserts salads etc... is my thoughts.

lechon baboy and some manuck desserts salads etc... is my thoughts.

Manuck ?? Manok?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok my fiance is 18 turning 19 within a month.

I am currently filling forms out. And preparing them to be sent in.

Yes some may think im crazy cause of her age. I thought about it many times. *But I Love her & am Happy with her*

But honestly At the beginning Never imagined being with her.

But in time things grew into more & couldn't get her out of my mind.

She is a great person & honestly not looking for money Thank god.

But down to my question.

has anyone gone to the interview and know what they say about that age gap?

Specific tactical questions etc?

My fiance is very shy and that is about all that I worry about.

And what issues that may cross our paths.

Idea's Suggestions Greatly appreciated.

I did hire a lawyer for the papers as I have a few complicated issues. in my thoughts.

example Taking time to perfect paperwork. etc. a bit of money for help to get it processed and done is better then spending 6months on my own to make sure it's all perfect.

I was going to do it on my own. until i read a bit deeper...

Thank you.

It is not a big deal when the male is older than the female.

JNR

If Man is petitioning girl in Vietnam, China, India, Pakistan, Ecuador, Columbia, then, yes, he HAS to be there to have any chance of the visa getting approved.

Is this a new country?

Petty correcting of spelling or grammar is the NUMBER ONE indicator of NAGDOM. Especially on an international site like this. My sympathies! (F)

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

If Man is petitioning girl in Vietnam, China, India, Pakistan, Ecuador, Columbia, then, yes, he HAS to be there to have any chance of the visa getting approved.

Is this a new country?

Petty correcting of spelling or grammar is the NUMBER ONE indicator of NAGDOM. Especially on an international site like this. My sympathies! (F)

I'm not into correcting spelling and grammar in these discussion boards because if I am, I'd be doing nothing the whole day but that, especially here in the PI forum. :star: Besides, your faux pax was not a spelling blunder; you simply need to go back to geography class. :whistle:

My new hometown - Corona, California

3307743289_c59d750f74_m.jpg

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
also when using a lawyer, it will cause delays.

This is not true. I'm using one and we are speeding so much faster through the process than I imagined.

You are "using" one, John & Jean has "used" one

As in Past Tense

I agree Lawyers can and will cause delays

Too many lawyer problems Issues been posted on this site over the years........

I bet you my life savings i can post here those with problems who have done it themselves, as opposed to those who've used a reputable law-firm. The "on your own's" would win it hand's down. Not saying it isn't OK to do on your own, but i'm doing really well. Don't be so dogmatic about it.

Is this a new country?

Columbia is also used as a spelling for Colombia. There's no need to be facetious.

The confusion comes from the difference in spelling in English and Spanish of the name of the discoverer of America, Italian Cristoforo Colombo (Christopher Columbus), the person after whom our country is named. In Spanish we spell his name "Cristobal Colón", and it is only natural for us to spell our country's name "Colombia". For English speakers, and in particular for U.S. residents, it is only natural to spell our name with a "U", after all, that is the spelling of the city in South Carolina, the Nation's Capital, the prestigious University in New York, and many cities in the States of Maryland, Indiana, Oregon and Florida among others. However, please do not forget that our official name is "The Republic of Colombia"

Link

There's a lot of immature people in these forums. Don't let it get to you.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Is this a new country?

I'm not into correcting spelling and grammar in these discussion boards because if I am, I'd be doing nothing the whole day but that, especially here in the PI forum. :star: Besides, your faux pax was not a spelling blunder; you simply need to go back to geography class. :whistle:

You are still nagging and dont even realize it. Denial is a powerful force. My condolences. Peace.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

All depends on the lawyer. Mine went on vacation and left my petition sitting on his desk for 3 weeks,

Fired him.

There's no way a lawyer can do it faster than the individual IF the individual has their act together.

To much lost time mailing originals back and forth for signatures.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 of my biggest issues is I have basically been unemployed for 5yrs

Mom died of cancer couple years back then grandmother died. So gathering my own proof of income is near impossible.

Sounds like you need a tax guy or a little help there. A small business gets to write off a lot of stuff. Depreciate part of your house. Internet, phone, mileage or depreciation on vehicles. The section 179 expense deduction means you can buy a used loader or a dozer or dump truck and write the entire thing off in one year. So you accumulate assets instead of paying taxes.

Let's say you make 20K on a job. You go buy a used belt-fed 50 caliber machine gun mounted on a tracked vehicle. You'll want an electric rotating gun turret on that instead of hydraulic. Inch-thick plating. 50,000 lb capacity winch on the back. JATO units for quick accelleration.

This is important to your business. So you make it a business expense. And now you pay zero tax on that 20K. Now you can drive through a neighborhood with a machine that can reduce a building to rubble. Wearing sunglasses and a scarf. Cigarette holder. Plus you got your babe.

also when using a lawyer, it will cause delays.

This is not true. I'm using one and we are speeding so much faster through the process than I imagined.

You are "using" one, John & Jean has "used" one

As in Past Tense

I agree Lawyers can and will cause delays

Too many lawyer problems Issues been posted on this site over the years........

And you used a lawyer for your visa petition and had delays? Is that why you agree?

All depends on the lawyer. Mine went on vacation and left my petition sitting on his desk for 3 weeks,

Fired him.

There's no way a lawyer can do it faster than the individual IF the individual has their act together.

To much lost time mailing originals back and forth for signatures.

Key word Act Together!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes manok my mistake.

I'm American not fluent ha ha. and spell check Doesn't have all the words.

Hmm this whole thing im reading about proof of income. Some say Co-Sponsor is fine.

Which would be my relative that I live with & Help all time.

Looks like I will be losing 25% of my income & More to pay social security.

K time to prepare to go back to bed. lol. been busy for 5hrs trying to gather all the proper information.

thought 1yr is all thats needed now. not 3yrs.

GC in Hand since nov/dec11
Currently in Process of I-751 Waiting Period.

delivered 9-12-13 NOA Dated 9-12-13 w/amount received. Received 9-16-13

Biometrics Received 9-27-13 APP: 10-15-13 3pm.
House is Listed for Sale & Hopefully it will sell soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.