dessndave

Age gap she is 18 turning 19 as I am 35

136 posts in this topic

I'm 51. She's 21.

She was 19 and me 49 when we met and moved in together with her family on Mindanao.

They didn't say a thing about age in the interview. They asked my age. She told them. On to the next question.

:thumbs:

I'am 44, my wife is 21.

When we met she was 19, and I was 42.

Our interview was smooth as glass.

I have meet many other Pinays the last couple of years who have age gaps of 40 years plus, and age gap at interview was not an issue

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't see the age gap as so much a problem but her being so young as potentially problematic. I suggest you carefully read the Affidavit of Support you will have to submit to USCIS after you get married in order to adjust her status. This applies to everyone sponsoring a fiance or spouse. Is she mature enough to move to a different country and endure the separation from her family and friends, culture shock, arduous immigration process, bad economy and different weather. When she gets to the states and sees all her other options will she remain with you? Too many have married during the infatuation stage only to learn later when the relationship ends that a divorce doesn't end the financial responsibilities to the immigrant. Carefully consider the potential pitfalls before you leap with both feet.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

tallcoolone thanks for your post.. which is the main answer I was looking for.

just browsing other posts in other topics on this site just makes me so crazy and thinks of giving up.

along with thinking of going with a site to help make the process easier for filing the paperwork etc.

for me it makes it nicer to have people to call to help walk thru all the process's and to help properly make out the forms.

just in case there is a mistake in the form.

I hate filling out applications as i usually have people look it over thats familiar with it to make sure I made no mistakes.

I hate mistakes and i know i make plenty of them.

but this is something important to & for me.

and I wish it to run lots smoother. 5-600 big deal for bringing the love of your life by your side.

plus i don't like giving my information out to just anyone and everyone.

if you catch my drift.

For TSUP

i get your drift & understand it but I am positive i dont have to worry about any of that.

Ya i met her online. for a couple replies to each other she txt messaged me while i was in manila

I replied not remembering who she was and txt her everything why i was there.

To see if it is worth working out with my ex.

She understood and accepted it as did her family.

i met her a few times with and without the ex or her cousin.

she never tried telling me wrongly about my ex.

but she was always like a best friend to me. even shared passwords etc with each other to help each other out.

in watching for wrongful people.

1 guy i warned her about she thought she could trust and few days later of her and him talking he proved my point.

she gave up on the whole internet searching after that.

we continued txting then i gave up on friendship cause of my personal issues.

then still constantly thought of each other. so i gave her a call she basically started crying when i called & was excited to have me want to make friends again.

yes im confident of her.

Mind you my ex scammed me 2500 tried claiming she was 7months pregnant with my baby.

i had friends watch for her & they proved she was not pregnant. in fact my ex ran from the restraunt when they seen her.

she tried claiming she had abortion the week before that umm abortion 7 months i dont think so.

she had her friends even tell her cousin it was a girl with blonde hair and green or blue eyes.

i instantly knew it was a lie.

and her cousin is gullible. to believe it. even after telling me her stomache was same as last year.

im very cautious and triple read everything that has to do with a girl anymore.

including causing a big argument that 99% of the females or men out there would leave someone over.

my girl stuck by my side trying to make sure i was ok. and called me crying.

another point of me being positive about her.

all pinay's are not the same.

and if someone thinks so there not that bright.

I know all Americanized women are not the same.

But I made a oath to myself i would not be with 1 ever again.

along with a few other things.

GC in Hand since nov/dec11
Currently in Process of I-751 Waiting Period.

delivered 9-12-13 NOA Dated 9-12-13 w/amount received. Received 9-16-13

Biometrics Received 9-27-13 APP: 10-15-13 3pm.
House is Listed for Sale & Hopefully it will sell soon.

Age gap isn't the problem. Problem is she's only 18 [yeah 19 soon]. To young! Still playing with Barbie dolls. Are you ready for a "hot blooded pinay" that's want's babies?

well if you read was not looking for someone that young.

barbie doll not really.

ready for the hot blooded pinay? she is not as hotblooded as my first pinay lol.

I don't go for all the greatest looks But I go for whom the person is.

I could have had model material pinay's if i chose to. but they all lack what I truly wish in a wife. (at least the ones I meet)

And that is good family ethics. good family. & able to deal with me and my issues.

babies no problem I love them & have no problem with having them.

But difference is I will not raise them in the states. And I am sure she will agree with me once she is here.

90% of the children in the states treat parents as slaves (exact quote from a pinay whom I know) And also my own feelings.

once she is here I feel I will be able to handle anything that comes our way.

Financially No guarantee's As Anything can happen in life.

Which she understands unlike many from PI & other countries.

Smart man> Old song! "Make a ugly woman your wife and you'll be happy the rest of your life"

I've seen older guys bring in killer young pinay and some guys even bought them a set of suso.

Every young buck in town was in heat

Needless to say things didn't work out for long. Every young buck in town was in heat

Guess the old guys had fun while it lasted! :devil:

How you going to move to PI before you retire?

owning land in states helps alot. *3more years until it will be mine* especially if Continue to pay the way We are paying

area rent is 1500+

my living in pi is between 400-800 month

average out at 800 from rent put rest in savings for property maintenance.

and apply for i-card.

leave pi yearly for a day or weekend and return for another year.

I understand moving there better then filing a k-1.

could I handle living like the poor sections of PI

the answer is yes.

if I lived like that living would be about 200-400 a month for me.

oh and yes thats including her.

Don't be surprised if your lady has her sites set a bit higher than living poor in PI.

Her family no doubt will have something to say about that naman.

Actually it has been fully discussed.

and i feel positive it is all ok.

I have many friends that went thru k3 process 6years ago or more.

and they are currently preparing to move back to PI.

most of them own there own homes which helps them and 1 is now Early retired

the 1 I don't think will work living there is the one who doesn't own land here in the states. and is turning 53 in feb...

More I read on this site the more I feel like dropping the whole petition.

mostly due to the mixed feelings of paperwork.

the guy I was going to have help me with all of this. moved away

and friend referred me to a company

but now that I read the whole site makes me have second thoughts.

errrrrrrr what to do.

this is what i hate about reading too much information & not all is valid to what is going on.

What do you mean the more you read the more you feel like dropping the whole petition? You, as the petitioner have to send in the paperwork to get the ball rolling. There is no other way. :blink:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The difference in ages is not at all unusual, except that she is still just a teenager, so your judgment needs to be sound as you pursue this. That's for you to handle. Only when she is interviewed, (and hopefully you will be there) would the question of her youthfulness be raised, what are the plans for her in the U.S., etc. etc. Good luck.

I agree. I think you should be with her during interview. =)

as1cA0fVM001810MDAwMDEwN2x8MDQ1MTAzNGx8V2VcJ3JlIGluIExEUiBmb3IgIA.gif

as1cEZpVM001810MDAwMTg3NHN8MDExM3N8b3VyIEsxIGpvdXJuZXkgc3RhcnRlZA.gif

The difference in ages is not at all unusual, except that she is still just a teenager, so your judgment needs to be sound as you pursue this. That's for you to handle. Only when she is interviewed, (and hopefully you will be there) would the question of her youthfulness be raised, what are the plans for her in the U.S., etc. etc. Good luck.

No need for Petitioner to attend interview

If he has time and money to do it, then by all means do it.

Being critical for him being there in order for his girl to get an approval, Not really............

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

It's not vital for the man to be at the interview in Manila. If you bring strong evidence of a genuine relationship, Pinay does fine and walks out with a pink slip. If Man is petitioning girl in Vietnam, China, India, Pakistan, Ecuador, Columbia, then, yes, he HAS to be there to have any chance of the visa getting approved.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
also when using a lawyer, it will cause delays.

This is not true. I'm using one and we are speeding so much faster through the process than I imagined.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

If Man is petitioning girl in Vietnam, China, India, Pakistan, Ecuador, Columbia, then, yes, he HAS to be there to have any chance of the visa getting approved.

Is this a new country?

My new hometown - Corona, California

3307743289_c59d750f74_m.jpg

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

also when using a lawyer, it will cause delays.

This is not true. I'm using one and we are speeding so much faster through the process than I imagined.

You are "using" one, John & Jean has "used" one

As in Past Tense

I agree Lawyers can and will cause delays

Too many lawyer problems Issues been posted on this site over the years........

Timeline

the comment of why i think about giving up on the petition is cause of all the mixed stories & reviews and of having assistance of filing.

especially when it comes down to co sponsor.

as I have not worked normal jobs for few years cause i have taken care of mother during cancer

taking and making sure my grandfather is always ok since my grandmother passed a yr after my mom passed.

lack of proof of relationship cause getting time at cafe.

and finally deciding of a relationship for sure after i went there 2 and a half months ago. after knowing her for about a yr.

lack of good records makes me confused.

this is why i wished to hire someone to help make sure everything goes better...

should i go there to PI since we don't have as much evidence? during her interview. or will they require more before it gets that far.

some people tell me since she will be 19 during the petition and i will be 35 it may cause them to ask more questions she may not be ready to handle answering.

honestly from all i read on this site. it makes it a bit harder for someone in my situation of never being married and never gone thru this stuff. to do it on there own.

admits many sites out there give misleading info. but i find more and more of that here also.

which yes you will find anywhere you go cause it could change any second.

and in few weeks things could change once again.

it is very common.

sorry its just after reading so much thru the site its confusing me like crazy.

Do i wish to marry her yes.

Does she truly care if she comes here? not really

is she wanting to work while she is here? YES

why does she wish to work? To help make a future for us & to help her family.

Does she wish to go back to PI yes as do I.

Sorry if i sound mixed up about her but i am not mixed up about her.

im mixed up on the whole process.

I know her and my relationship is true.

as im worried about her right now cause in midst of txting she stopped replying while on jip home. its been 2 and half hours now. not common for us. as now she should be sleeping to wake up at 5am to prepare breakfast for her and her family then goto work at 730

Timeline

oh ya lawyers or people helping can cause delays i will admit.

but so can getting misunderstood information on a site.

or plain simple not understanding.

lack of many things could cause a delay.

no matter if you use a lawyer or a friend or on your own.

you will always have a chance of a problem or multiple problems.

i have known people in past filing on there own that did great and some that should have hired lawyers or someone to assist them to properly filing.

no matter how much samples you find the laws can change instantly.

and yes find out stuff that is not even listed on the sites.

better to keep up with all changes.

what changes are going to happen in 3 weeks i believe it is?

does anyone have a idea?

no we don't know what will happen.

all we know the process could take longer require more info or process may be faster.

why guess

something always can happen.

Maybe this popular poll on age differences between filipinas and Americans will help you on your original concern: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61606

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

If Man is petitioning girl in Vietnam, China, India, Pakistan, Ecuador, Columbia, then, yes, he HAS to be there to have any chance of the visa getting approved.

Is this a new country?

Columbia is also used as a spelling for Colombia. There's no need to be facetious.

The confusion comes from the difference in spelling in English and Spanish of the name of the discoverer of America, Italian Cristoforo Colombo (Christopher Columbus), the person after whom our country is named. In Spanish we spell his name "Cristobal Colón", and it is only natural for us to spell our country's name "Colombia". For English speakers, and in particular for U.S. residents, it is only natural to spell our name with a "U", after all, that is the spelling of the city in South Carolina, the Nation's Capital, the prestigious University in New York, and many cities in the States of Maryland, Indiana, Oregon and Florida among others. However, please do not forget that our official name is "The Republic of Colombia"

Link

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.