nicholasg

BECAME USA CITIZEN, N I HAVE TO GO TO OTHER COUNTRY

20 posts in this topic

congrats on the citizenship..now you can finally travel without hassles once you can get a hold of that blue US passport ;)

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
congrats on the citizenship..now you can finally travel without hassles once you can get a hold of that blue US passport ;)

Actually it works the other way for the OP.

He was a Chinese citizen and he now needs a Chinese visa to travel to China, since China doesn't allow dual citizenship.

Also, if you hold a EU/Japan, Australia passport, there's no much difference with a US passport.

Edited by Italian_in_NYC

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Times have sure changed, use to travel a lot for my company, always last minute changes, could even pay for a plane ticket with cash, or change my itinerary at the airport. No long lines, no inspections, and planes were normally always on time. Buy a ticket today at the last minute, they cream you with the price. Never a mutually agreement with your appointments at the USCIS, and if you don't show up, can wait for months or years for another. Our shuttle service to O'Hare is crazy, planes are always breaking down at the last minute, so even if you have a three hour layover, miss your flight and have a 15 layover.

If we had to make an emergency flight, could have done it and have gotten the passport the same day, but would have cost of thousands of dollars extra, you can do it too, if you are willing to pay for it.

9/11 really hurt me, my companies insurance company demanded they put a 5 million dollar policy on me for travel, that kind of killed my traveling and my position in the company. And with the poor economy, airplane maintenance went to hell. Do you really need to travel right now?

Actually i can stay little bet, but if i get the passport next day also i have to apply for chiness visa,so it will take time , right now i stay in hotel thats why i want to live soon, about usa passport , i can apply in china since my husband work there in embassy, but my question is , do they ask green card or not when i leave the USA?

Your Green Card became invalid when you became a citizen. It's an expired document.

Not only expired, but they take it away, was referring to when my wife had a green card, we waited the eleven days to receive her US passport before traveling, but she still has her Venezuelan passport with a valid US visa in it, still use the US passport when coming back. Like Italian in New York says, each country is different and gather he travels considerably more than we do. Really don't envy that the way airports and airlines are today. It use to be fun traveling by the airlines. Ha, a Continental stewardess and I killed two bottles of champaign together with her sitting on my lap, but that brief relationship ended with the flight.

Filed: Timeline
I understand you are (or were) a Chinese citizen.

China does NOT allow dual citizenship so you will enter China with an invalid document.

Now, if I think about countries were I wouldn't like to be in trouble with the law, China definitely comes up on top.

Get a US passport and then a Chinese visa. You have no choice.

I'm not chinees citizen, im fm indonesia but my husband work in Beijing, so ihv to go back to cina, i came here usa just for interview, but my husband already asked the embassy about this situation , so they said i can apply passport there in china,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
I understand you are (or were) a Chinese citizen.

China does NOT allow dual citizenship so you will enter China with an invalid document.

Now, if I think about countries were I wouldn't like to be in trouble with the law, China definitely comes up on top.

Get a US passport and then a Chinese visa. You have no choice.

I'm not chinees citizen, im fm indonesia but my husband work in Beijing, so ihv to go back to cina, i came here usa just for interview, but my husband already asked the embassy about this situation , so they said i can apply passport there in china,

Ok, so if Indonesia allows dual citizenship, then you can leave on your indonesian passport, which is still valid and probably has the chinese visa on, bring your certificate of naturalization with you and then you apply for a US passport at the US Embassy in Beijing . Just make sure it doesn't take too long, but if you have connections, I'm sure you'll be fine.

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.