david'sgirl

December LND interview question

7 posts in this topic

Does Anyone know which dated the London consulate conducts CR1 visa interviews in Dec? My husband will not consider booking a flight to spend Christmas together until we know for certin we did not get a December interview date. The folks a few weeks ahead of us are getting mid Dec dates so if we get it, then it will be late in which case I'd rather have January. I cannot bear the thought of spending the holidays and my birthday alone. I am guessing like most other government jobs they will be closed that week from the 24-2nd.

Edited by david'sgirl

Christmas Day December 25, 2009 Friday, December 25, 2009 (A)(L - United Kingdom)

Boxing Day December 26, 2009 Monday, December 28, 2009 (L - United Kingdom)

New Year’s Day January 1, 2010 Friday, January 1, 2010 (A)(L - United Kingdom)

Bank Holiday January 2, 2010 Monday, January 4, 2010 (L = Scotland)

I managed to answer my own query. Never mind.

I'm posting in case anyone else was wondering. They are actually closed a lot less days over holidays than I expected.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Christmas Day December 25, 2009 Friday, December 25, 2009 (A)(L - United Kingdom)

I'm posting in case anyone else was wondering. They are actually closed a lot less days over holidays than I expected.

be sure you call NVC until they give you a date...i hope its December :dance: :dance: :dance:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

be sure you call NVC until they give you a date...i hope its December :dance: :dance: :dance:

I can still login so we are not complete yet. If we get December for interview we lose Christmas together. He hasn sold the house so he cant come yet. So I dont want Dec. I want Jan but I want to know when it is so he will book a flight before it is too late.

"Typically" scheduling stops on the 15th.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Christmas is a definite holiday, and we usually get an admin day for Xmas Eve, depending on the day. It's given to us by the President and we usually find out that same week. Just assume Obama will shut the gov't down on 12/24. We also get 1/1 off of course, but no other days are federal holidays. A lot of feds take the time off though, because use/lose leave has to be used by the end of the year.

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Christmas is a definite holiday, and we usually get an admin day for Xmas Eve, depending on the day. It's given to us by the President and we usually find out that same week. Just assume Obama will shut the gov't down on 12/24. We also get 1/1 off of course, but no other days are federal holidays. A lot of feds take the time off though, because use/lose leave has to be used by the end of the year.

Well hopefully we get approved and get a date soon.

You must be a federal employee to be able to have 3 weeks off in a row! I'd have to quit to get that and then I'd be homeless. That might be bad.lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.