Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Thanks, Krikit. :) I'm only 24 and my biological clock is already going TICK TOCK TICK TOCK.

You're being smart, though, making sure you are ready for one, first. How much longer do you have in school? What are you taking?

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You're being smart, though, making sure you are ready for one, first. How much longer do you have in school? What are you taking?

Honestly, I haven't really even started. I've wasted a lot of the past 5 years that I was in school. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life until just recently. My husband wants to become a doctor, and he, too, hasn't really started. My goal is a DNP - Doctorate of Nurse Practitioner.

Patience Grasshoppa. Soon enough you'll be smacking your head wondering what you were thinking. :lol:

:lol: Part of the benefit to moving to Florida - babysitters! :D

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

yay for all the slapchops on this thread now!

:D

And holy YEAH, hearts is SO fun. Don't judge us but we went over there for a late lunch, like 2pm and did not leave their house until 3am. #######? We just played and played and played. It was so fun. The last game though, i could NOT keep it together I was so tired.

super fun.

OH and Ravenesque, congrats girl on being pregnant again -- i think that is awesome. Really and truly -- one of my sisters in law has a brand new baby girl who is just delicious. Sweetest little thing.

But i gotta ask you, your husband wants to have sex but doesn't want to clean up afterward? WTH??? That made me laugh and cringe all at the same time!

;)

Ohmygosh. I haven't played Hearts in years!! I love that game.

Yes, I got a Slap Chop! :lol: I plan on making a slap chop dessert this evening with some macadamias and white chocolate. I can't wait! :dance:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
But i gotta ask you, your husband wants to have sex but doesn't want to clean up afterward? WTH??? That made me laugh and cringe all at the same time!

;)

Trifling, eh? LOL. But I'll cut him some slack for being lazy last night--we did spend a whole day traveling from Chicago to Seattle.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Other Timeline

ValerieA-Congrats again on the preggos. Good luck with the baby in the new year!

Hope that you get the health insurance thing sorted out too, as you really do need that for you and your baby.

As for morning sickness...Actually...Every woman experiences that differently....Believe it or not, I only felt nauseous when I was pregnant, but I never threw up....which was a good thing and was perfectly ok (though I thought it was odd at first)...

But yeah...like you, my boobs ached a lot too....(and they still ache..from all that nursing...lol...speaking of which...I have to feed the baby soon...)....

Get a couple of comfy bras that are bigger (the boobs grow anyways)..that should help too...

So far, it is great (except for the hubby possibly screwing up on the health insurance, and stress related to that today). I seem to be one of the lucky ones, no symptons (no morning sickness!!! :dance: ) except for hurting boobs.

I highly recommend it. In week 7. I may change my mind in a few weeks.

Malrothien-Lol..I felt the same way too...When I was first pregnant at 24 before....Was tired of the doctors telling me too, "you're still young"....

To which I said to them..."I may be young...but my husband isn't...." (lol..which is true....as my husband is a lot older than I am)....

Though think about it this way too: It's more in the mind, than it is biologically, at times.....

So if you think you have time, then you do have the time...:)

Don't worry, you'll still have time....patience...I agree! And don't give up! (lol..I was pregnant many times before it finally worked out too)....

In the meantime, good luck in your studies and other endeavours too!

Thanks, Krikit. :) I'm only 24 and my biological clock is already going TICK TOCK TICK TOCK.

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
Honestly, I haven't really even started. I've wasted a lot of the past 5 years that I was in school. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life until just recently. My husband wants to become a doctor, and he, too, hasn't really started. My goal is a DNP - Doctorate of Nurse Practitioner.

:lol: Part of the benefit to moving to Florida - babysitters! :D

I belive as of 2015 to be a NP in the USA one has to get their PHd! Of course if ur already a NP by then, one would be most likely be grandfathered in, but that wouldn't help u in this case,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Raven and Valerie - Congrats on the pregnancies!

Raven, I think that whole pregnant woman glow is bullsh*t for many women. I puked so much during the first trimester, I know I was not at all glowing .... I felt SOOO unattractive then. Second trimester was when I felt much better physically and about how I looked.

Mal - I get the whole biological clock thing. You are being so smart though to wait until after school... As hubby is in school now, I have realized how much I truly love school and miss it. I would love to go to medical school to become a psychiatrist, but honestly, that is not in the cards right now .... mostly because hopefully in the future we will have another baby and I can decrease my hours to part time and spend more time with family.

My biological clock is ticking too!!! I just turned 35 and am feeling like I need to get pregnant TODAY!!! Unfortunately, our financial situation says, no way jose at present :(

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Timeline
And holy YEAH, hearts is SO fun. Don't judge us but we went over there for a late lunch, like 2pm and did not leave their house until 3am.

One time my cousin and her then-boyfriend dropped in for a drink after work on a Friday night..... and never left until Sunday evening!!! :rofl:

iagree.gif

Trailmix-Thanks for the offer...I'll take you up on it...Thanks in advance for the help too....

Will let you and everyone else know the specific problem, when I log onto photobucket next time, and hopefully get some help too!....:)

Though one problem I may have...Is that I have a dial-up internet connection..It's so slow!..Maybe part of the issue too?

Ant, I would be more than happy to help you upload your pictures to photobucket and tell you how to post them on VJ. If you want me to help just pm me!

Krikit-Thanks for the offer...I'll take you up on it...Thanks in advance for the help too....

Will let you and everyone else know the specific problem, when I log onto photobucket next time, and hopefully get some help too!....:)

Though one problem I may have...Is that I have a dial-up internet connection..It's so slow!..Maybe part of the issue too?

As for the water issue.....You're right about that! The county doesn't come out...We pick up a kit from the county instead....

Lol..Guess I was getting that confused with septic system testing, which they come out for...(lol..and it costs us $150 for such..yikes...)

Actually I just asked my husband about that (lol..he's in the same room...), and he says that he remember having had one done for another place he lived in before..and it costs him $50, many years ago..I wonder what the costs is now....But regardless, it's well worth the cost for health and safety!

So yeah, I'll definitely pick up one of those "county water test kits" at the county building the next time I',m there next month....

Lol..Will probably have better and more detailed results than the $10 Home Depot Kit....

Will let you and everyone else knows what happens next when I get that tested......(hopefully it will have good results)...

Glad that all worked out well for you too, when you got your water tested at the cottage...Did you have any other water and/or septic problems there?

What happens when you try to upload them to the Gallery, Ant?

The County doesn't have to come out, Ant. You just pick up a test kit from them, hold the bottle under the tap (following the directions) then return it to them for testing. They will send you the results. This is my experience in Canada at the cottage. I have no idea whether they do it here or not, but it's definitely worth a try. But if your Home Depot kit showed it was good, I'm sure that's just as trustworthy. :)

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
DNP is the Ph.D. So wouldn't matter anyway, am going for it. :P

Yes i realize that,I am a RN now. Hope it goes well, there is a reason why so many join this profession then go on to other things, lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Glad that all worked out well for you too, when you got your water tested at the cottage...Did you have any other water and/or septic problems there?

Nope, no septic problems.... (other than that one New Year's when the lines froze <_< ) and no well water problems. In fact, the well water was purer than my city tap water. They drilled down about 800' through granite and sand to an underground stream. Apparently those elements make for highly purified water. :)

iagree.gif

Nope, no septic problems.... (other than that one New Year's when the lines froze <_< ) and no well water problems. In fact, the well water was purer than my city tap water. They drilled down about 800' through granite and sand to an underground stream. Apparently those elements make for highly purified water. :)

Krikit-Wow, impressive about the granite and sand making purified water! Though that must have been an awful lot of digging...800 feet..wow!

Wonder how long that must have taken to dig that deep? It took the well guy here awhile to dig our water, and that was only about 100ft or so...

Lol...maybe you should have sold some of that "krikit water" too...! "Krikit water...Fresh from the krikit creek/stream!"...lol.....

Glad you had no problems either. I agree, well water can be better than city/municipal water anytime!

Ant

Krikit-Wow, impressive about the granite and sand making purified water! Though that must have been an awful lot of digging...800 feet..wow!

Wonder how long that must have taken to dig that deep? It took the well guy here awhile to dig our water, and that was only about 100ft or so...

They drilled. Granite's too hard to dig. lol. It took a few hours. It was interesting watching them find the location for the well, though. They did it the old way with the dousing rods. Is that how they found your underwater source? I found it kind of funny, though, since it's right on Georgian Bay. I mean, where AREN'T you going to find water? lol

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.