Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:huh: i'm afraid to ask what that means. :unsure:

It means washing his wee wee and toweling off, lol.

Awwww. Don't worry. Pretty soon you'll get the bitchies and then you won't care one iota how attractive you are. :)

:lol:

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Aw, that's not that hard to do I'm sure.

He's being lazy :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:o

Oh dear. I fear I may never be able to use this slap chop without visions of sugarplums dancing in my head. :crying:

oops! To all you people with slap chops - please disregard the above statement, the statement was not intended for existing slap chop users, only for people who do not currently own a slap chop and <runs away>

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Kathryn41-I agree, my thoughts exactly...There are extra minerals and health benefits of drinking well water. I agree too, that bottled water is merely 'tap water' at times, and they charge way too much for such water that I can get for free. Which is yet another reason as to why I don't like drinking bottled water. It seems unethical to charge for something that is free already. And why should I bother with the extra expense of bottled water, when I don't need to? And I don't think I'm doing too well with this environmentally either, as the bottles itself are not good for the environment. I do though, recycle the bottles, so that's the least I can do to 'make up' for the damage that the bottle manufacturing did for the environment..lol....

Actually, I did a home water test, as recommended by a neighbour of mine that has the same problem too. I got one of those kits at Home Depot, did the test, and it turns out that the water is fine, except that is is "very hard water". So health-wise, everything is fine there, for now (but I will have to get it further detalied testing later on), so then I think to myself, "why can't I drink the well-water"? Lol...I wish I can talk my husband into such...but I guess

he doesn't like well-water as much as I do. In fact, everyone around me drinks bottled and/or filtered water..Guess they don't know what the're missing.

Good to hear that your water is ok with the pur 2 filter, despite the chlorine smell. I know what you mean there, as I found that I had that same problem when I was living in the city before. The water had too much chlorine in it, and was too metallic for my taste, so we had to use a filter for that, which didn't help too much either. Needless to say, I never did like city water....Oh well, glad that I don't have to worry about that anymore....As for filters, overall, actually, I used to have one of those too. Lol..And it still it tasted odd to me...so I threw it out....

Meanwhile, it's back to bottled water, and taking our bottles to be recycled for the refund...

Lol...If 5 cents per bottle doesn't motivate me to drink disgusting bottled water...I don't know what else will at this point...

Ant, you may want to have the quality of your well water tested. It could very well be quite good and even if there are extra minerals that affect the taste, beneficial for your health. There have been studies that many supposedly filtered, bottled waters are little more than tap water themselves and some of them are actually not very pure. If a test of your well water shows that there are issues of concern for you and the baby, then you can continue the bottled water, but if the water is fine then you can drink it and save the expense of the bottled water.

Here our water is usually pretty good but there are certain times of the year when the chlorine smell is very strong and the taste is enough to affect coffee and tea. So, we have the Pur stage 2 tap filter on our kitchen tap. We don't use it all the time - just when the water starts to smell of chlorine - and it really works great. It is definitely cheaper than buying bottled water which is what we used to do at those times.

Autmnchik-That's ok, I don't know how else to get the pics on here either, other than photobucket. Any other vjers have any other ideas? Lol..I'm not that techy either...not sure what to do here...It's too bad that I can't just 'upload' the photos onto here, without using other programs. Oh well. Glad that you're enjoying your son Declan, and yes, they do grow up so quickly....It only seemed like yesterday that you told us that he was just born! Likewise, my husband and I felt anxious too about our baby. But with time, things got easier. And yeah, I'm hoping to get a decent night's sleep soon! I haven't had much sleep either, since my son was born. Lol..4 hours straight..I call it a good night....(which is quite rare...). Hope you enjoy your son for many more years to come, and enjoy that alone time that you are going to have coming up. Don't worry, your family will be fine while you are gone. Think of the time alone as time to "recharge" and needed for you in order to be a better mommy....

Ant - I use photobucket for my pics ... sorry, I have no idea how else to get pics on here. Hopefully someone with more tech know how will answer.

Declan is great :) He, my hubby and my mom are leaving to drive to Florida this weekend. I have to work and will fly down a week later. I must admit, I am SOOO looking forward to the alone time (at least for the first day or two). Such a change, because a year ago, I posted here on the vent page that I was so anxious and sad that my hubby and Declan were going to BC and I would be without my baby for the first time. Funny how things change!!! I love Declan immensely, but I cannot wait to sleep in and not have to rush to get him to daycare!!!!

ScooterMac-Likewise...my well water "shows up brown" at times on clothes too (though it's not because of the rust)...I hate wearing and washing white-coloured clothes, because of this....(puts all the white clothes away...) Any ideas from anyone, as to how to get the "brown" out of the clothes?

Boiling water doesn't do much for ours....we have so much rust in the water that it's brown. Bleh.

Krikit-Good idea about the municipality (or county testing, in my case) testing! I'll definitely have to get that done in the spring! I got my septic system tested by them, so why not my well water too? More likely than not, it will be for free or at a very low cost...So will have to get this done in the spring. Lol...I wish I can get it done now, but it's the winter, and there is 1-2 feet of snow out there....(lol..unless they want to test the snow...)

The county testing will finally settle the debate: Is my well water healthy and safe enough to drink? (which I hope they say yes)

And if this is the case...I can't wait to tell my husband..."I told you so...Now can I drink the well water instead of the bottled water?"..lol....

Good point, Kathryn. I know in Canada you can get the test kit from the municipality and they will test it for free. :)

Everyone-More water woes later on...Stay tunned for that in the spring...lol....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

I can't tell my hubby this, but I can tell you guys! I want to be preggo. /jealous

So far, it is great (except for the hubby possibly screwing up on the health insurance, and stress related to that today). I seem to be one of the lucky ones, no symptons (no morning sickness!!! :dance: ) except for hurting boobs.

I highly recommend it. In week 7. I may change my mind in a few weeks.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Timeline
I can't tell my hubby this, but I can tell you guys! I want to be preggo. /jealous

Awwwww. Hugs to you, Mal. (((((((((((Mal))))))))))))))

Autmnchik-That's ok, I don't know how else to get the pics on here either, other than photobucket. Any other vjers have any other ideas? Lol..I'm not that techy either...not sure what to do here...It's too bad that I can't just 'upload' the photos onto here, without using other programs.

What happens when you try to upload them to the Gallery, Ant?

Krikit-Good idea about the municipality (or county testing, in my case) testing! I'll definitely have to get that done in the spring! I got my septic system tested by them, so why not my well water too? More likely than not, it will be for free or at a very low cost...So will have to get this done in the spring. Lol...I wish I can get it done now, but it's the winter, and there is 1-2 feet of snow out there....(lol..unless they want to test the snow...)

The County doesn't have to come out, Ant. You just pick up a test kit from them, hold the bottle under the tap (following the directions) then return it to them for testing. They will send you the results. This is my experience in Canada at the cottage. I have no idea whether they do it here or not, but it's definitely worth a try. But if your Home Depot kit showed it was good, I'm sure that's just as trustworthy. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Ravenesque-Congrats again on the preggos. Good luck with the baby in the new year!

As for the "pregnancy glow"....It does happen, but I think it's more of a matter of attitude/disposition/emotions than appearnace...:)

Lol..be prepared for mood swings too....Yeah that can affect the glow more so than zits and stuff....

As for "growing out of the wardrobe"..Think of it as a new "excuse" to buy new clothes.....

I admit, I loved my maternity clothes...Heck, I'm still wearing them and I'm not even pregnant anymore....The best wardrobe one can have....Very comfy! Make sure though, that you get clothes that you can "grow into", as pregnancy changes one's body like you wouldn't believe, in good ways...:)

Lol..with the sex thing....On the bright side..at least he wants it...(my husband wouldn't dare while I was pregnant as he was afraid of harming the baby...that's another story...tmi...I know...)

Don't worry, you're "glowing" here! Keep on glowing and growing!

Thanks for the preggo congrats, everyone! :-)

I hear that preggo women glow during their pregnancy but mine's not starting off very well. My face is breaking out like a teen going through puberty and my waist now "muffin tops" over my jeans.

Last night, hubby said he wants to have sex but he's too lazy to clean up afterwards, so no sex.

I'm feeling very unattractive right now. :cry:

Malrothien-Don't worry, you'll get pregnant someday...Just keep on trying when you are ready for such....(lol..not sure if you want to tell your hubby about this though, but yet you don't want to surprise him, use your judgement here...). I know what you mean about the finances though, as that was an issue with us too...Lol....It doesn't help when one is going broke paying for immigration fees while trying to get pregnant...lol.....

Either way, good luck with your future endeavours there for a little one...

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.