Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

my vent for the day is that the day needs to be longer.

I'm up at 6 to get ready for work, at work by 7ish.

Leave morning job at 1:30-1:45 and get to afternoon job by 2-2:30

Leave afternoon job at 6 or 7 depending on the day

Packing, moving, cleaning, wedding stuff, etc. until like 10, unless I have a meeting or the odd night off

Dinner, Crash and repeat.

Blehhh...C'mon, Jan. 23. You can't get here soon enough.

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Timeline

Hate computers that dont have the slot where you can stick in your SD card to upload pictures.

And hate even more when my husband tinkers on MY LAPTOP and now has somehow permanently disabled the function that allows me to upload pictures on my facebook page. *deep breath*

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

That must be one ancient computer.

My parents had the same computer for 13 years before they finally got a new one, now they hardly use it.

Hope you get that fixed, I'm sure there's a way to fix it somehow.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hate computers that dont have the slot where you can stick in your SD card to upload pictures.

And hate even more when my husband tinkers on MY LAPTOP and now has somehow permanently disabled the function that allows me to upload pictures on my facebook page. *deep breath*

Ugh I know! My husband has a new expensive Dell with all the bells and whistles and it somehow doesn't have an SD card slot! It has everything you can think of except an SD slot... so weird. He bought it so he could play his racing games in super high quality or something like that. Its fast and I like it, but whenever I need to do the picture stuff I just get out my laptop.

Timeline

Yeah, the computer here is old and they dont have the slot to insert the SD cards directly. My notebook does that but its at home.

Im no computer whiz but what my hubby did was uninstall several things on my laptop to make it run faster. In the process, he has removed something that allows me to upload pictures on fb. I can still upload pictures one by one by browsing through my picture files and uploading them one at a time, but I cant upload it using faster, normal way. Meaning, when I try to upload pics, it will take me to the upload site but I cant see the window that allows me to tick off what pics I want to upload.

Lots of "upload" in that pargraph...

And Marilyn, I think my camera came with some wires so you can hook it directly to a computer, but I lost it :(

Hubby is now banned from the pinktop and any other pink gadget I own.

Edited by darkchilde794

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm confused, why would people use an SD slot? Our camera has an SD, but I just hook the camera up to the USB port and it reads it all - but our camera has inbuilt memory as well.

yeah, i'm confused :blink:

Maybe someone on Facebook knows what happened. Try asking someone there?

(I dont go there, so I don't know if there's like a board where you can go and just chat with people or not)

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Sounds like he disabled the ActiveX control needed for the FB "faster" loading function. Do you use Firefox? Might have installed NoScript and you will have to allow the function through that.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm confused, why would people use an SD slot? Our camera has an SD, but I just hook the camera up to the USB port and it reads it all - but our camera has inbuilt memory as well.

most digital cameras use a memory card to store pictures on you can take it out and insert it in the SD slot to get the pictures off it... I guess people one of the reasons people do it that way is because they might have misplaced the usb cable used to hook the camera to the computer..

also people can take that card to places the photo center at WaLmart and get them to take the pictures off

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its just a lot easier to remove the memory card and stick it into the computer. The USB method does the same thing, sure, but then you need to find the cord and then find an open USB slot, which is non-existent on our computer. So then you need to unplug something to plug the camera in, and then you forget you unplugged it and wonder why it doesn't work the next time you use it. So really, its just laziness :P

I usually don't get my pictures printed, just the really good ones. I'm pretty camera and picture happy, so I just upload them onto the computer to enjoy at a later date.

Timeline

Mal, thats a good idea. Ill dl firefox or another web browser and see if thats the case.

I used to use the USB cord but I lost it.

Anyhow, you can also use your SD and stick it directly to regular or photo-specific pictures too.

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
most digital cameras use a memory card to store pictures on you can take it out and insert it in the SD slot to get the pictures off it... I guess people one of the reasons people do it that way is because they might have misplaced the usb cable used to hook the camera to the computer..

also people can take that card to places the photo center at WaLmart and get them to take the pictures off

Yeah - I know what an SD card is and how it is used (we have one) - I just didn't see the benefit of using that solely - but I see your point Huggles.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.