Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Well, all the planning's already done, so there's nothing left for her to do.

She didn't even ask to be included, she just assumed my fiance knew.

My mother feels kind of threatened that her job of planning my wedding as the bride's mother might get taken away because my fiance's mom wants to be included.

She already did her daughter's wedding.

She's also angry that she didnt get invitations to hand out the way she wanted. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way... and cause of her anger she invited 3 people not on the original list.

Obviously don't know the entire story and everything but I know my mom was INSANELY happy when my wife and her mother just on their own included my mom in the planning of our wedding. It really brought everyone closer together and my mom felt like everyone was a nice big family, just a thought.

I know if my wife wasn't included in planning the wedding for one of my sons (don't have any kids yet lol), my son would most definitely hear about it from me lol.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

;_: that really sucks Rhiann, i know what it feels like to want OUT!!

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

It's so hard too because my fiance's mom can't speak very much English, so it's just too hard for our families to communicate.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Want me to punch Jack Frost in the 'nads for you? I hate that icy little creep too!

Winter = arch=nemesis!

my hands are cold. the type of cold that no matter how many times you set your hands on the heater it doesn't go away.

jack frost nipping at my nose? to this i say who the hell is jack and why is he trying to bite my nose!?!

also, why is it that when a little snow falls on the ground people get stupid and forget how to drive?

yes please! lol i heard that christmas song earlier today thats what made me think of it. i though, wow this song is really creepy

My mom was friends with a guy who's parents actually named him Jack Frost.

I can't figure out if they were dumb or cruel.

The guy had so many problems making reservations, or just people hanging up on him when he told them his name.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Want me to punch Jack Frost in the 'nads for you? I hate that icy little creep too!

Winter = arch=nemesis!

my hands are cold. the type of cold that no matter how many times you set your hands on the heater it doesn't go away.

jack frost nipping at my nose? to this i say who the hell is jack and why is he trying to bite my nose!?!

also, why is it that when a little snow falls on the ground people get stupid and forget how to drive?

yes please! lol i heard that christmas song earlier today thats what made me think of it. i though, wow this song is really creepy

My mom was friends with a guy who's parents actually named him Jack Frost.

I can't figure out if they were dumb or cruel.

The guy had so many problems making reservations, or just people hanging up on him when he told them his name.

I went to college with a guy whose parents named him Sue..... I love music as much as the next person, but wouldn't dare name my child after a song. <_<

Today is just not going well.

My fiance got written up at work again and if he gets written up one more time he loses his job.

The last thing we need right now is for him to lose his job...

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

just shake him ... grab him by the shoulders and shake him

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

It's not his fault though.

He got written up for failing to be a team leader. (aka a manager for his section)

This section is notorious for not keeping team leaders, the employees don't listen to them and totally defy them when the team leader is on days off.

The higher ups know this yet they're so hard on him. He just can't fix these people...

I was so iffy about him getting another job, but maybe it's time for him to start looking... he hasnt been happy for months.

My vent is quite silly actually ....

I am turning 35 on Saturday and am actually a bit bothered by that. All of a sudden, I feel old. Ridiculous, right? And my vent is that I am annoyed with myself for feeling this way.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

35 is kind of a milestone year so it is understandable to feel somewhat 'strange' about it. Don't be hard on yourself - you're certainly not old yet! In many ways, it seems to me that my life truly became my own after I turned 35. Perhaps it will be similar with you. I thought I would feel 'old' when I turned 50 though - I remember my Mom having a 50th birthday and it just seemed unreal that I could be 50 too. 50 passed though and it was a non-event :) . . Remember - and it is true - you're not getting older, you're getting better! And Happy Birthday!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This morning, my over-the-counter pregnancy test came out positive. I was so elated!--I rushed to the doctor to confirm the diagnosis. NEGATIVE!

He pooped on my cheerios. :-(

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

This morning, my over-the-counter pregnancy test came out positive. I was so elated!--I rushed to the doctor to confirm the diagnosis. NEGATIVE!

I hope you made him eat those cheerios.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My vent is quite silly actually ....

I am turning 35 on Saturday and am actually a bit bothered by that. All of a sudden, I feel old. Ridiculous, right? And my vent is that I am annoyed with myself for feeling this way.

yeah I know the feeling.. I turned 35 back in May.. I know I am not old but that number makes me feel ancient.. and then I think wow, it is only 5 years to 40 :o and it doesn't help having a husband who is still under 30 :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Oh Raven :(

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Oh Raven :(

LOL, no biggie. I'm gonna pee on another pregger test tomorrow morning--not used to my period being this late.

Sigh...All this talk about turning 35 (I'm gonna be 35 in two months) and the fact that I'm still childless is kinda depressing...

I hope you made him eat those cheerios.

...and the cornflakes he pissed on too!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.