Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for the support Deadpool. I feel enough like an idiot already. My 19 month old was climbing all over me and distracting me, which definitely influenced my decision to allow him remote access (not my brightest move, I know).

I didn't mean to come across as criticizing you. I was commenting on the situation, but as usual with me, I give the impression that I'm harshly critiquing someone else (to the point of even insulting them). If that was the case, then I apologize. :star:

I would seriously call Norton about this. First you need to turn the b!tch/as$hole switch on and call them and if someone doesn't give you the response you want, ask to talk to their supervisor. If you phrase it as "My computer was operating fine until two things occured: 1) I installed your software on it and 2) allowed your tech support people access to it. " The error is their tech support guy. Make sure you take notes as referencing names, times and what people said is a key to the "as$hole strategy". Just be persistent.

I completely agree. It'll be a difficult fight, but it's worth it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, when doing any kind of call like that, ensure u get a name or a employee #--I find you get better service that way as well, as now that person has to be held accountable for their actions

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Lol I've been doing Yoga as part of the P90X routine for the last 6 months and it's AMAZING how good I feel after that, highly recommend it :)

Not to say, however, that a good butt grab from time to time wouldn't help out as well Lol.

I remember you saying about a month ago how great the P90x was, so I finally gave in and ordered it today! :star: Can't wait til it comes in the mail...even though I then have to wrap it and put it under the tree til Christmas :blush:

Oh yeah..do you do yoga everyday as part of the routine? I know I'll be into that (I've never done yoga, but have always wanted to,) but am not sure how "masculine" it might make my husband feel lol.

Sting does yoga and he's fairly stinkin' hot.

I bet his boyfriend says that too :lol:

In all seriousness, there is no feminine/masculine element to yoga. I did it as a part of physical therapy years ago and it is so much more than you really think it can be. I was absolutely floored at how tired I was the first couple of sessions. I kept saying to myself "#######, you just sit there and pose, yet i'm completely exhausted".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'd be uncomfortable with someone massaging my buns. But I don't like being touched in by strangers in general... soo... ya. My mom always tries to get me to get massages. I must have like 4 gift certificates from her for the spa in Rama but I've never gone.

Speaking of butts, reminds me of lastnight when I was going to the flyers game. They scan you down with those hand held detectors and the guard scanning me tapped my butt with it after he was finished and I just turned around and my mouth dropped and he smiled and said: "Sorry bout that ma'am"

You're going to be a gentleman and call me ma'am but you're also going to use that stick to tap my a$$? Bit of a contradiction I'd say. :lol:

:rofl: Oh my gosh, no way! That's terrible yet completely hilarious. Do they just do it to a select random people? At the Avs games they usually just have 1 lady who stands there and picks out random people to wand. I just never make eye contact and so far its worked. It seems like she always picks guys too... Maybe she likes to tap their butts after?

Timeline
I'd be uncomfortable with someone massaging my buns. But I don't like being touched in by strangers in general... soo... ya. My mom always tries to get me to get massages. I must have like 4 gift certificates from her for the spa in Rama but I've never gone.

Speaking of butts, reminds me of lastnight when I was going to the flyers game. They scan you down with those hand held detectors and the guard scanning me tapped my butt with it after he was finished and I just turned around and my mouth dropped and he smiled and said: "Sorry bout that ma'am"

You're going to be a gentleman and call me ma'am but you're also going to use that stick to tap my a$$? Bit of a contradiction I'd say. :lol:

:rofl: Oh my gosh, no way! That's terrible yet completely hilarious. Do they just do it to a select random people? At the Avs games they usually just have 1 lady who stands there and picks out random people to wand. I just never make eye contact and so far its worked. It seems like she always picks guys too... Maybe she likes to tap their butts after?

They pick guys because 99 times out of 100, they are the one with a bottle of jack daniels stuffed in their coat :whistle:

I remember you saying about a month ago how great the P90x was, so I finally gave in and ordered it today! :star: Can't wait til it comes in the mail...even though I then have to wrap it and put it under the tree til Christmas :blush:

Oh yeah..do you do yoga everyday as part of the routine? I know I'll be into that (I've never done yoga, but have always wanted to,) but am not sure how "masculine" it might make my husband feel lol.

Haha it's actually only every fourth day of the program, then twice a week every 4th week (program is broken down into three 30day programs, 3 weeks of kicking your butt then every 4th week is a "recovery" week but you still do a lot). I tried the Yoga for the first time ever when I started and didn't really like it, but at the time it was my bday and my wife happened to get me a Yoga mat without knowing I wasn't enjoying it. After she bought it I decided I'd try to focus on it more and now I honestly love that part lol. Now I don't let my wife anywhere near me when I'm doing it cause I feel I look ridiculous but wow I've become very flexible using it :)

You guys are gonna love it, almost impossible not to see awesome results but it really kicks your butt. I've even found the whole "diet" part of it pretty easy as it's just more of focusing on protein and limiting carbs, nothing really crazy that would make you hungry :)

Good luck!!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

I bet his boyfriend says that too :lol:

In all seriousness, there is no feminine/masculine element to yoga. I did it as a part of physical therapy years ago and it is so much more than you really think it can be. I was absolutely floored at how tired I was the first couple of sessions. I kept saying to myself "#######, you just sit there and pose, yet i'm completely exhausted".

Lol Only problems I have with Yoga are the poses as some of them put you in rather weird positions, but I was totally surprised by how much my legs were burning during some of them. I remember when I started with the program I could just barely touch my feet standing up or while doing toe reaches. I can now go completely flat-handed from a straight-legged position standing up and can actually grab my wrists passed my feet when doing the toe reaches.

I'd never totally just do Yoga since I love weights but it's a really good part of the 6 day a week program, even relaxes me a bit between the lifting days :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Thanks for the support Deadpool. I feel enough like an idiot already. My 19 month old was climbing all over me and distracting me, which definitely influenced my decision to allow him remote access (not my brightest move, I know).

I didn't mean to come across as criticizing you. I was commenting on the situation, but as usual with me, I give the impression that I'm harshly critiquing someone else (to the point of even insulting them). If that was the case, then I apologize. :star:

I would seriously call Norton about this. First you need to turn the b!tch/as$hole switch on and call them and if someone doesn't give you the response you want, ask to talk to their supervisor. If you phrase it as "My computer was operating fine until two things occured: 1) I installed your software on it and 2) allowed your tech support people access to it. " The error is their tech support guy. Make sure you take notes as referencing names, times and what people said is a key to the "as$hole strategy". Just be persistent.

I appreciate that, Deadpool. I think I was also in a more sensitive state yesterday than normal ...because I do know your style and am usually not offended.

I have talked to the supervisor already. Part of the problem was that communication was challenging due to their difficulty with English. The tech actually spoke much better English than the supervisor. I had no problem communicating with the tech, except that he did not have the authority to do anything. Any other advice for when I call back? Honestly, I was so overwhelmed and exhausted that I gave up after the supervisor credited me back what I paid and then gave me a free subscription to Norton. Do you think I will be able to get any money for computer repairs?

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

I appreciate that, Deadpool. I think I was also in a more sensitive state yesterday than normal ...because I do know your style and am usually not offended.

I have talked to the supervisor already. Part of the problem was that communication was challenging due to their difficulty with English. The tech actually spoke much better English than the supervisor. I had no problem communicating with the tech, except that he did not have the authority to do anything. Any other advice for when I call back? Honestly, I was so overwhelmed and exhausted that I gave up after the supervisor credited me back what I paid and then gave me a free subscription to Norton. Do you think I will be able to get any money for computer repairs?

I wouldn't call their tech support back. They are not the ones who have the authority to authorize any sort of remedy in this situation. The key here is to get to talk to a live person who is actually from Norton. I haven't dealt with Norton myself, but if they are like any other security software company, their tech support is actually contracted out to a third party. I would actually call sales and start the call with "I don't know if this is the right place to call, but, I don't know where else to turn to". Then, simply tell them that tech support destroyed your computer with an "Un-authorized remote access". Make sure to tell them that you spoke with a supervisor who admited to you that the tech had no authority to do what he did. The bottom line is that whether or not tech support is a part of Norton is irrelavent. They are at a minimum acting as an agent for Norton and as such their actions make Norton liable for their mistakes.

Timeline

There are some things on the internet that you cannot unsee. I thought I had scrubbed Goatse out of my mind, and then someone mentioned it in passing in a thread in OT and I am now about to vomit. DO NOT look up that term.

I absolutely hate my job and my boss!

Boss happens to be a 'friend' but lately has been making me want to rip my hair out.

He's a horrible manager, chews me out for stuff that I shouldn't be chewed out about, when he's done much worse and has even tried to blame me for.

PLUS, we're in the same re-enacting group, of which I am the now secretary on the board of directors...the position he held previously.

He was supposed to hand over the books a YEAR ago and still hasn't done it. And now I've found out that he's talking about me behind my back to other board members who proceed to tell me everything because they cannot stand him anymore (takes a breath).

Of course, I cannot bring any of this up with him, because I know he's the type who will not separate work from personal and would probably fire me over it.

Every day I wake up dreading having to deal with him, and end up with a massive headache during the day after I have dealt with him.

Argh!

I so need a new job :lol:

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

Yeah you do :lol:

People at work are funny. I am always kind of dismayed when people try to cover up their mistakes, blame them on someone else or lie about having made them. I always just said - hey, I made a mistake, this is what I did, this is how i'm going to fix it.

The thing is, I think this probably put me at a disadvantage sometimes because while all the other people are busy back peddling, it looks like i'm the only one that ever made a mistake at work.

But. I don't care :lol:

I want a business of my own.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I Feel ill...

That is all...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

hot water bottles.

That is all.

:D

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.