Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. Hope things start looking up for you, Frenzy.

You know, I always looked at life this way..... We are all allotted a certain amount of terrible/bad/disheartening events. If they happen in clumps, you're further along towards striking them off the list and the sooner something better is going to happen. Pretty soon you'll have used most of them up and every day will be rosy.

Kept me sane, anyway. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It's not fair :angry: . First week of November I got a cold that refused the respond to any type of medication. I was miserable and after 10 days with no improvement I went to the doctor. I got 2 weeks worth of antibiotics for a sinus infection, corticosteroid nasal spray, and Musinex D. Slowly, I start feeling better although the cough and tightness in my chest never went away. The Antibiotics finished last weekend. Joe got sick on Monday, worked from home Tuesday, was sick in bed Wednesday and Thursday with a bad cold, sneezing, bronchitis - the works. Takes over the counter medicine and starts feeling better so he worked from home again Friday. On Thursday I started to get a scratchy throat again; yesterday it was worse and I ended up with a fever, chills, a really sore throat last night and today I am all stuffed up again back to where I was early November and my throat is really, really sore. So, back to the doctor again on Monday! I've never had a cold that wouldn't go away before. It is just not fair! (grumble, grumble, grumble)

Chicken soup! and lots of love and you'll feel better soon. :-)

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

It's not fair :angry: . First week of November I got a cold that refused the respond to any type of medication. I was miserable and after 10 days with no improvement I went to the doctor. I got 2 weeks worth of antibiotics for a sinus infection, corticosteroid nasal spray, and Musinex D. Slowly, I start feeling better although the cough and tightness in my chest never went away. The Antibiotics finished last weekend. Joe got sick on Monday, worked from home Tuesday, was sick in bed Wednesday and Thursday with a bad cold, sneezing, bronchitis - the works. Takes over the counter medicine and starts feeling better so he worked from home again Friday. On Thursday I started to get a scratchy throat again; yesterday it was worse and I ended up with a fever, chills, a really sore throat last night and today I am all stuffed up again back to where I was early November and my throat is really, really sore. So, back to the doctor again on Monday! I've never had a cold that wouldn't go away before. It is just not fair! (grumble, grumble, grumble)

Maybe try some herbal tea too?

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
Aww, I hope you feel better soon!!

In my own news? These past few weeks have just been horrible, but it's all leading up to what I'm almost certain will be the worst week of the year. First off? My car is sitting in my driveway, completely dead. Don't know what's wrong with it, and as of right now, I can't afford to have it looked at. Next? This week is finals week, so I'm working my butt off for that. Things are just all around bad right now in every aspect of life (including relationships, though it's more just that we're arguing over stupid stuff -- normal, I know -- and I know that things would be better if he were here...) and I'm finding it hard to get into the Christmas spirit at all, which is something that's not usually difficult for me to do. Heck, I'm even finding it hard to get out of bed each day...

Boo. :( I really hope NOA2 comes this week. I need a pick me up. :/

Awww, Frenzy. How about a big (((HUG)))?

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

Maybe try some herbal tea too?

Yah, herba tea! :-

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

I hate wireless.

It craps out on me at around the same time everyday. (right about now actually, haha).

I need to get my fiance to show me how to restart the internet cause I hate having to use the only other avaliable non-secured connection in the area.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Aww, I hope you feel better soon!!

In my own news? These past few weeks have just been horrible, but it's all leading up to what I'm almost certain will be the worst week of the year. First off? My car is sitting in my driveway, completely dead. Don't know what's wrong with it, and as of right now, I can't afford to have it looked at. Next? This week is finals week, so I'm working my butt off for that. Things are just all around bad right now in every aspect of life (including relationships, though it's more just that we're arguing over stupid stuff -- normal, I know -- and I know that things would be better if he were here...) and I'm finding it hard to get into the Christmas spirit at all, which is something that's not usually difficult for me to do. Heck, I'm even finding it hard to get out of bed each day...

Boo. :( I really hope NOA2 comes this week. I need a pick me up. :/

Poor thing! :( I hear you Frenz, Im not even having as much sh*tty stuff going on in my life as you (besides the damn dryer dying - which is really annoying) and Im struggling to get out of bed too these days. Im just grumpy all the time, and making myself grumpier because of it.

Hopefully our NOA2s are coming up and we'll have something positive to focus on and cheer us up.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That sucks Kathryn. I hope you feel better soon.

You could try this hot drink: half a lemon's juice, with boiling water, honey and fresh ginger chopped up. It tastes pretty good and it will boost your system. Honey and lemon juice is good for your throat too (you can have just a little bit of that in a table spoon to coat your throat).

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline
I hate wireless.

It craps out on me at around the same time everyday. (right about now actually, haha).

I need to get my fiance to show me how to restart the internet cause I hate having to use the only other avaliable non-secured connection in the area.

Rhiann, I'm annoyed they erased all our comments on the http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...31643&st=30 "A topic for you white guy" thread!

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I hate wireless.

Rhiann, I'm annoyed they erased all our comments on the http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...31643&st=30 "A topic for you white guy" thread!

it happens. and it also got locked too as i felt it was too far gone - krikit was right.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

A major VENT!

The question from the "A topic for you white guy" thread:

"Why do you love Filipina? Wy do you want to marry her? And why not choose those white slang woman in your country? Why do you have to suffer misunderstandings from Filipinas when you can understand better from a girl in your country? And why do you want to spend thousands of dollar for a plane ticket just to see this girl?"

Based from the responses I read, I made a comment that some of the posters are stereotyping these women. I said:

"When you say:

"When (another country) women is XXX, XXX, XXX...you are generalizing and stereotyping, and in the process, elevating that race/culture of women as being better and putting down another race/culture of women."

As anyone know, that ain't cool."

Well, my opinion didn't go well with some posters, who told me to stick in my own regional forum, don't come over to the Philipines forum with my "hate" and that I should visit the African, Subsahara forum. The last comment was racist, therefore offensive to me because it's referring to my husband who is African American (who, if you are informed with their culture and history, are not "African"!).

Subsequently, almost AL of my posts and most of the offending posters' posts got deleted, but I noticed other posters' post that reinforce the stereoptypes I was talking about got to STAY? I also noticed that another poster JelloShotGirl's opinion about the generalizing was racist also stayed:

JelloShotGirl:

"...I love how guys seem to put all girls from the philippines "in one category" and always make generalizations. I think thats racist."

I don't understand the moderating logic there. It seems so arbitrary. Maybe Krikit can enlighten me on this?

Edited by Ravenesque

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Ravenesque. Honestly...I think the mod was just clearing the Canadian content out of the thread, since it really didn't pertain to the discussion, your comments notwithstanding. I'm sure you can agree that it was a thread doomed to fail anyhow.

I also highly doubt the Africa - Subsahara reference was with regards to you personally -- I think it was more in reference to the mindset of some of the posters in that forum. I'm guessing, since I've never actually ventured in there...but that's what I got from the comment.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Eh.

Off topic comments have every right to be cleared out of topics.

I don't mind it what so ever.

Ugh. Hope things start looking up for you, Frenzy.

You know, I always looked at life this way..... We are all allotted a certain amount of terrible/bad/disheartening events. If they happen in clumps, you're further along towards striking them off the list and the sooner something better is going to happen. Pretty soon you'll have used most of them up and every day will be rosy.

Kept me sane, anyway. :lol:

See, in my eyes, all the bad luck that surrounds me has boiled down to this: I'm paying for something I did in a past life. I had to have done something REALLY bad (I always say that maybe I was Hitler or something -- just to give an idea of the grand scale of it all) to be stuck with what I have.

That's not to say I'm not grateful to be alive or that I don't appreciate all the things I have... it's just to say that I'm sick of the crappy things that do happen. It's the same way with my mom. We've been having all these really, really bad things happen, and I know people that lie/cheat/steal/etc, and their lives are just peachy keen. It's unfair because my mother has always done everything by the book, and in turn has taught me the same, and look where it's getting us? :(

I can only hope you're right though -- I want those rosy days!!!!!!

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Timeline
I wouldn't worry too much about it, Ravenesque. Honestly...I think the mod was just clearing the Canadian content out of the thread, since it really didn't pertain to the discussion, your comments notwithstanding. I'm sure you can agree that it was a thread doomed to fail anyhow.

I also highly doubt the Africa - Subsahara reference was with regards to you personally -- I think it was more in reference to the mindset of some of the posters in that forum. I'm guessing, since I've never actually ventured in there...but that's what I got from the comment.

I'm still seething, lol...and yes, I do agree the thread was doomed.

As for the Africa-Subsahara comment, let's go with your rationale that he was dissing the mindset of some of the posters in that forum. Telling me to "stick to the African - Subsahara" forum would imply what he thinks of my mindset.

Why the hell would he bring up any references to "Africa"?--I never mentioned anything about it in that thread, especially when it's about Filipina women. I can only assume that he looked into my profile, saw that I'm married to an African-American and made a racist jab at me or my husband.

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.