Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Yea after adore the pumpkins lost me too. But even when they come out with an album, I get so excited only to realize after a few listens that it's ####### and that Billy is being a moron. I stopped following them now that Jimmy officially left the band. It's not even half of the Pumpkins now. I have so many great stories from my teen years though that involve going to see the Pumpkins. :lol:

Yeah! I went to see them in January of 1997 on their Mellon Collie tour. It was SUPPOSED to be Summer of 1996, but then there was the whole Jimmy Chamberlain / Jonathan Melvoin incident... So I saw them with Matt Walker on drums, as I recall. It was a pretty damned awesome concert, I must say. Perhaps the loudest I've ever been to. Billy knocked a mic stand into some stage lights which promptly caught fire. There was a girl sitting beside me who was downright catatonic throughout the whole thing...must have been on some heavy dope.

I understand the feeling of excitement about new Pumpkins albums. I remember buying the Ransom soundtrack just for Billy Corgan's five songs. Likewise the Batman Forever soundtrack for the two Pumpkins tracks on there. Lost Highway soundtrack had "Eye", which is one of my faves... then there was Zwan, which was horrid. And Billy's solo album which was also pretty damn lousy. I didn't even bother picking up their last album. It's a shame. He was a great songwriter.

My husband loves radiohead. I really liked pablo and the bends and then they lost me. But they seemed to pick everyone up with ok computer... I feel like I missed out but even when I try to understand it, I don't.

I'm a Radiohead fan, but not a HUGE fan like some folks are. My favorite album by them is actually Hail To The Thief, though I quite like all of them...not so much Pablo Honey or In Rainbows though. I think Kid A and Amnesiac get a bad rep because they're so damn different. I love Thom Yorke's solo album from 2006 too.

I really like Muse too, though their latest album doesn't do much for me, sadly.

God. I could talk like this for days on end. I'm such a music geek. :(

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I could talk about music all day too. Music, theatre and art... yes I could go on and on about all three.

I saw them during Mellon Collie too, before Jimmy OD'd but after the girl in Australia died, so there was seats at their show. I saw them at Maple Leaf Gardens. Before that it was at Lollapalooza, they took Nirvanas spot after Kurt died. I remember my mom told me I couldn't go alone even after I saved up and bought my own ticket and everything. So the morning of the show, I told her I was going to the store and instead hitch hiked to Barrie from North Bay alone and went anyways. I was in SO much trouble when I returned 28 hours later... but it was soo worth it. I had the time of my life.

I met my husband on the zwan board lol. The thing about zwan was at first, I just ate it up, I didn't care what it sounded like, it was Billy - but I soon realized how much it sucked. And then then they broke up and Billy came out with the Future Embrace - AWFUL! I think Billy has just made an extremely insane amount of poor artistic decisions.

Kid A is the only radiohead album I can listen to in it's entirety actually without cringing. When I go see radiohead w/ my husband I go to see Idioteque played live. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
That's interesting. I don't really know how someone could really MEET someone playing online poker... I've played online poker for years, and the "chats" in there are usually incredibly terse, like "nh" for "nice hand" etc.

Maybe she said "I'll raise you" and it went from there. :P

or she had a good hand.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I could talk about music all day too. Music, theatre and art... yes I could go on and on about all three.

I saw them during Mellon Collie too, before Jimmy OD'd but after the girl in Australia died, so there was seats at their show. I saw them at Maple Leaf Gardens. Before that it was at Lollapalooza, they took Nirvanas spot after Kurt died. I remember my mom told me I couldn't go alone even after I saved up and bought my own ticket and everything. So the morning of the show, I told her I was going to the store and instead hitch hiked to Barrie from North Bay alone and went anyways. I was in SO much trouble when I returned 28 hours later... but it was soo worth it. I had the time of my life.

I met my husband on the zwan board lol. The thing about zwan was at first, I just ate it up, I didn't care what it sounded like, it was Billy - but I soon realized how much it sucked. And then then they broke up and Billy came out with the Future Embrace - AWFUL! I think Billy has just made an extremely insane amount of poor artistic decisions.

Kid A is the only radiohead album I can listen to in it's entirety actually without cringing. When I go see radiohead w/ my husband I go to see Idioteque played live. :P

I really liked Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie, but really lost interest after that. I liked Billy Corgan, but every interview I read or saw on t.v. with him, he came off as so unbelievably pretentious. Good god, now you've got me thinking about all the bands I loved when I was in school. I can remember my freshman year in high school and sneaking down to this club called the jabberjaw. Saw the chilli peppers before they had a major record deal there, but the most influential band I think I saw there was The Melvins playing a cover of the germs song "Lexicon Devil". That song in that moment rocked my world and changed my musical experience forever. Anyone remember the band Ned's Atomic Dustbin? Or am I dating myself a bit much there? :blush: I don't know, but this talk of music just made me think of that song "Kill Your Television" by them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Best Concert I ever saw was the Violent Femmes at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver.

Bouncy floor and all...

Don't know what made me think of this -- talk of fave music I guess...

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Social Distortion is playing a bunch of small venue shows around here over the next 6-8 weeks. I really want to see them. Unfortunately, they are really hard tickets to get and the ticket brokers are charging an arm and a leg :(

Timeline
Best Concert I ever saw was the Violent Femmes at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver.

Bouncy floor and all...

Don't know what made me think of this -- talk of fave music I guess...

OH HELLS YA! Love the femmes!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Social Distortion is playing a bunch of small venue shows around here over the next 6-8 weeks. I really want to see them. Unfortunately, they are really hard tickets to get and the ticket brokers are charging an arm and a leg :(

I would give both an arm and a leg to see Social Distortion :P

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Timeline

I would give both an arm and a leg to see Social Distortion :P

Well, I"m considering it. It all depends on whether I could honestly say "Sweetheart, I meant to get you a christmas present, but Social D was playing at the circle bar and I HAD to go". If I can say that without feeling like a douche and wanting to punch myself in the face, then I'll buy the tix. But likely I'll just whine about it. :lol:

I never could get into the violent femmes. Yeah, Blister In The Sun is a pretty good song, but after that, I really didn't like much of their music. Now The Melvins or The Descendants, there is some good music :thumbs:

Timeline

I really liked Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie, but really lost interest after that. I liked Billy Corgan, but every interview I read or saw on t.v. with him, he came off as so unbelievably pretentious. Good god, now you've got me thinking about all the bands I loved when I was in school. I can remember my freshman year in high school and sneaking down to this club called the jabberjaw. Saw the chilli peppers before they had a major record deal there, but the most influential band I think I saw there was The Melvins playing a cover of the germs song "Lexicon Devil". That song in that moment rocked my world and changed my musical experience forever. Anyone remember the band Ned's Atomic Dustbin? Or am I dating myself a bit much there? :blush: I don't know, but this talk of music just made me think of that song "Kill Your Television" by them.

Billy is SO pretentious. I have met him a couple of times and each time it's hard to even hold a conversation with him because he's so out there and his head is stuck so far up his freaking #######. He's like the tortured artist. He whines so much too. I have friends in Chicago who have had to sit with him during social gatherings and they all said the same thing. But man can he write.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Billy is SO pretentious. I have met him a couple of times and each time it's hard to even hold a conversation with him because he's so out there and his head is stuck so far up his freaking #######. He's like the tortured artist. He whines so much too. I have friends in Chicago who have had to sit with him during social gatherings and they all said the same thing. But man can he write.

I've met Billy once or twice, and yeah....pretentious and whiny about sums it up. I remember after one show a kid (literlly, a kid...no more than 8 or 9) wanted an autograph and he just crushed her. I forget what he said, but it wasn't anything pleasant or nice, and the kid didn't get an autograph. Even Sharon Osbourne couldn't stand him and she's MARRIED to Ozzy. So that's saying something.

"It was with great pride and enthusiasm that I took on management of the Pumpkins back in October, but unfortunately I must resign today due to medical reasons... Billy Corgan was making me sick!!!"

Timeline for Spoom

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

Timeline

I've met Billy once or twice, and yeah....pretentious and whiny about sums it up. I remember after one show a kid (literlly, a kid...no more than 8 or 9) wanted an autograph and he just crushed her. I forget what he said, but it wasn't anything pleasant or nice, and the kid didn't get an autograph. Even Sharon Osbourne couldn't stand him and she's MARRIED to Ozzy. So that's saying something.

"It was with great pride and enthusiasm that I took on management of the Pumpkins back in October, but unfortunately I must resign today due to medical reasons... Billy Corgan was making me sick!!!"

:lol:

His own bandmates couldn't stand him. They have all now abandoned him.

I mean look at Siamese Dream, he didn't even let them play on the album, the only person who played on the album was Jimmy. He took over James and D'arcys parts. But you gotta admit it was such a solid and amazing album, maybe that just fed his already over flowing ego.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:lol:

His own bandmates couldn't stand him. They have all now abandoned him.

I mean look at Siamese Dream, he didn't even let them play on the album, the only person who played on the album was Jimmy. He took over James and D'arcys parts. But you gotta admit it was such a solid and amazing album, maybe that just fed his already over flowing ego.

I'm not saying the guy's not talented...it's just that he's a jerk. He's a jerk to his fans, his bandmates, his managers, promoters, etc. I'm sure the success made him crazier, but I'm reasonably certain he was crazy to start with :)

Timeline for Spoom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.