Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
It's the same in New Zealand - there are a handfull of Maori/Pacific Island actors and you see them over and over. Somewhat the same with American movies and asian actors.

I suppose there is such a small pool because there are a minority of them to pull from in the experienced actor pool - but wouldn't it be nice if that weren't the case and seeing natives and people from other minority groups in films was the norm!

Yea exactly. I know it happens a lot with Asian actors too.

Remember there was a movie where Angelina Jolie played a woman of mixed race and she got a lot of heat for that too.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
On an entirely subject... my wife won't "allow" me to have a flame thrower. I've told her I would be completely responsible. Honest. Who wouldn't believe that? :innocent:

pyrotf22fort.jpg

Sucks for you, I have like three. :P

:whistle:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On an entirely subject... my wife won't "allow" me to have a flame thrower. I've told her I would be completely responsible. Honest. Who wouldn't believe that? :innocent:

pyrotf22fort.jpg

Sucks for you, I have like three. :P

:whistle:

I hope you get my name for Secret Santa.

*hopes REALLY hard*

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

AAARRRRGGGH!!!!!

Okay, back at work which is okay. BUT there's this douchebag guy that works where I do, he's the kind of guy that never shows up on time, leaves early, takes tons and tons of days off but somehow gets away with it. IT turns out that our design department gets labeled as slackers based solely on this guy's idiocy and such. SO, he also likes to come over and sit and talk with my co-worker, right on her desk where everyone can see him (add that to slacker label) and he's loud and has a loud, braying laugh that makes my skin crawl.

So today, he's over there talking and talking and talking and I'm going crazy and I can't concentrate. ON anything. So, I walk over and say to them, hey, why don't you guys go over and talk in Dude's area as for some reason, there is no one in his department, therefore no one to bother.. I don't think it went over very well because I said it and I walked away.

Whatever.

I talk to people and stuff of course, but I make sure that I'm not bugging the hell out of anyone and I'm aware of the fact that if the head people see us hanging about, something WILL be said eventually...

This guy does not give a ####### and well, I can't stand him or his work ethic or lack thereof.

I'm a b1tch, aren't I?

:(

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm a b1tch, aren't I?

No, if you "tripped" and dumped hot coffee on his crotch... then maybe.

If you got a small sound activated speaker and taped it to his back so every time he made noise mysterious banjo music started playing... then maybe.

If you used rubber cement on the seats of the guys bathroom before his daily "break".. then maybe.

Edited by Varba

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline

Maybe no flame thrower for you Varba.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that, personally, lgg - I would have said something too. I completely understand what you are saying. The guy gets away with it - but he ensures it reflects badly on all of you - nice guy. I'm thinking you would kind of like to have your work respected and keep your job - he is a wrench in the works.

Timeline

Pretty much every tuesday I come back to #######. On Friday's before I leave, I do my run around and try to get everyone on track for the weekend... leave. And then I return and someone has dropped the ball and somehow it is my fault.

Then I have to explain ####### that has happened when I wasn't even here.

I am so sick of it. Like you wonder why I have an attitude? Why I am so snippy? It's because I WORK WITH RETARDS!! :D

Donne moi une poptart!

I'm trying to change my Vancouver - Hamilton flight tomorrow from the afternoon flight to the morning flight. But WestJet has a new reservations website that doesn't recognize confirmation numbers that were issued prior to the change. So I've tried calling for the past hour...and there is an automated message saying "Due to an unexpected amount of callers, we are unable to take your call at this time. Call back in two hours." I'm amazed that they don't have a calling queue! I don't know if I want to risk just going to the airport in time for that flight and hoping they can change it then and there...because if they can't, I've got seven hours to kill with two items of luggage...

Hmm.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

I succumed to peer pressure/lack of will power and had a brownie at lunch :(

I will have to work extra hard at the gym tonight.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Yeah, this is the thing. He is the MAIN reason our department looks bad and yet, he feel it necessary to perpetuate? I feel horrible when I do things like that but geez. SO the chick he was talking to sent me an email saying that I was rude, (sure... I can see that) and that I'm not her boss (no #######, sherlock) and I can't tell her who she can and cannot talk to. I'm not, I'm saying that THAT guy is the loudest of anyone AND he happens to be the one that makes us all look the worst. His loud jibber-jabber was totally wrecking it for me and I am half deaf -- if I can understand his every word -- he is talking too loud.

She also said that if I was 'rude' again, she'd take it to HR. Well go ahead and open up THAT can of worms.

Her to HR. LGG was rude and told dude and I to move because we were having a social discussion really loudly and for a long time. HR will reprimand me how???

Well. I guess I"ll see how it all goes. I am back to being ostracized by that group of 4 co-workers again.

le sigh...

I don't think there is anything wrong with that, personally, lgg - I would have said something too. I completely understand what you are saying. The guy gets away with it - but he ensures it reflects badly on all of you - nice guy. I'm thinking you would kind of like to have your work respected and keep your job - he is a wrench in the works.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, this is the thing. He is the MAIN reason our department looks bad and yet, he feel it necessary to perpetuate? I feel horrible when I do things like that but geez. SO the chick he was talking to sent me an email saying that I was rude, (sure... I can see that) and that I'm not her boss (no #######, sherlock) and I can't tell her who she can and cannot talk to. I'm not, I'm saying that THAT guy is the loudest of anyone AND he happens to be the one that makes us all look the worst. His loud jibber-jabber was totally wrecking it for me and I am half deaf -- if I can understand his every word -- he is talking too loud.

She also said that if I was 'rude' again, she'd take it to HR. Well go ahead and open up THAT can of worms.

Her to HR. LGG was rude and told dude and I to move because we were having a social discussion really loudly and for a long time. HR will reprimand me how???

Well. I guess I"ll see how it all goes. I am back to being ostracized by that group of 4 co-workers again.

le sigh...

Beat her to the punch and submit your very own HR complaint first. If their socializing is really that bad that it is effecting job performance, I'd wager that HR would take that very seriously.

Timeline

I don't want to go there myself but her going to HR would be self-defeatist and counterproductive to say the least!

Meh...

Let's hope that tomorrow's a better day...

Thanks for letting me vent, guys... .

le sigh...

Beat her to the punch and submit your very own HR complaint first. If their socializing is really that bad that it is effecting job performance, I'd wager that HR would take that very seriously.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

This week of work sucks. It is the same each and every year too. My colleague always takes this week off for vacation. He has a lot more seniority than me, so he will always get first pick for annual vacation. The crappy part is that because it is a short week, I have 2 fewer days to complete twice the workload.:bonk:

Okay, so tried calling WestJet again and have been in their hold queue for...forty minutes so far. I think I might have ram a couple of pens in my ears if I have to listen to their hold muzak much longer...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.