Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

my vent today...

My back is acting up...got up at 7am..to realize I was stuck...could not move...stood next to bed for 45 mins before meds kicked in...did I mention that I had to pee really bad?

Being 35 and stuck in an 80 year old body sometimes sucks a**!!!!

ps. using a cane at 35 is also tres sexy :( lol

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Timeline
I miss Kittyfang :crying:

:lol:

:jest:

my vent today...

My back is acting up...got up at 7am..to realize I was stuck...could not move...stood next to bed for 45 mins before meds kicked in...did I mention that I had to pee really bad?

Girrrl... u need to stop doing that thing on the swing yah know???? :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
my vent today...

I would get a pimp cane... I am sure you can find an awesome pimp cane. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
my vent today...

Uh uh... one of those that conceals a sword :dance:

I approve.

p.s. I still miss Kittyfang :cry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow sorry about the hassles SamandBen! Poprocks - the whole back thing just sounds horrendous, hope it fixes itself soon!

Hey, we have shaw cable, in fact my Husband worked in their technical support dept for a couple of years until they layed off like 1000 people which included everyone who had been there more than 5 minutes (cheap!)

But at least they didn't have a hockey game afterwards :lol:

Thanks guys. I know he's got a lot on his plate right now... I try to take his rants as I can. It's just that I've got a lot going on too... it's hard sometimes.

And yes, it is awesome about the woman being canned, regardless of wishing ill and whatnot. We didn't even ask him about the woman, but we were talking about it in the lobby (we were quite the rowdy bunch, haha). I don't know if he heard us talk or if he read the mumblings about her here... either way, he offered up the info for us to pass along.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

My vent today? My husband just left about an hour ago to go back to the U.S...

We had an amazing 5 days together -- celebrated our anniversary and such. It just sucks SO hard when he has to leave or I have to leave. We just have such a nice way of being together and well... it sucks having him have to go.

it'd be nice if this weren't the case anymore.

had a lovely weekend you all -- it was great. How've you guys been? Everyone get approved and stuff? have fun?

feeling a touch sad now as i always do after the dreaded departure.

:\

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had an amazing 5 days together -- celebrated our anniversary and such. It just sucks SO hard when he has to leave or I have to leave. We just have such a nice way of being together and well... it sucks having him have to go.

had a lovely weekend you all -- it was great. How've you guys been? Everyone get approved and stuff? have fun?

Well... I am sorry your husband had to go BUT... I'm happy you're back on vj... it feels empty without you around. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Awww!!! Hi Sprailes! I missed you guys too! I checked in once in awhile just to have a quick read as I got a new netbook! Husband got them for us and i have to say, it freaking rocks out...

i have never had a portable computer so it thrills me that I can sit in the living room on my couch with the kitty and the tv and still be able to check all my shiz! LOVE IT!!!

What good fun did I miss??? Uh? Well, I'm back now and will be posting with a vengeance to make up for my absence.

Oh and since I'm off work for the rest of the day, I'm watching HORRIBLE day time tv. the movies are written for morons on daytime tv, man! Holy...

I think I may have become stupid in the past few days.... geez....

Well... I am sorry your husband had to go BUT... I'm happy you're back on vj... it feels empty without you around. :(

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Welcome back, Igg. Glad to hear you had a good weekend - definitely agree, though, the departure bites. :(

Hopefully that'll all be fixed and over for you soon. *crosses fingers*

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline
What good fun did I miss??? Uh? Well, I'm back now and will be posting with a vengeance to make up for my absence.

Oh and since I'm off work for the rest of the day, I'm watching HORRIBLE day time tv. the movies are written for morons on daytime tv, man! Holy...

You need to find the daytime tv stuff to laugh at - like the today show this morning had a segment about how to cut down on what you eat. One of the suggestions is to use a muted blue table cloth to make your food look less appealing :lol:

"Yes I have spent hours in the kitchen cooking this stuff - now how can I make it look bad so no one wants to eat it"

I miss Kittyfang :crying:

:lol:

:jest:

my vent today...

Girrrl... u need to stop doing that thing on the swing yah know???? :lol:

my vent today...

haha....a swing and pimp cane...first off, I wish I threw my back out using a swing ;) your giving me ideas lol and yes, I have considered a pimped out came....they have leopard :)

Just when I start to feel better...it goes out again...and it's not just a soreness....we're talking numbness and the inability to actually move my leg...like a dead weight...when I try to move, I get a sharp jabbing knife pain...I would take labour pains over this pain anyday :( This has been a horrible year for my back....my poor son...at 6 years old...I got him out of bed...grabbing me my cane and meds....water in the morn...hubby was already at work :( poor kid...

Thanks for the well wishes Trail... I too hope I see better days :(

I feel your pain :( I used to hate departure days :( They were the worst...I used to drive out at 5am...so my hubby used to set the alarm....till this day, when I hear that certain ring tone...it depresses me lol....just think, soon this will all be over with....hang in there.

The long distance part is a killer...we used to have Sat nights, date night on the phone...we would get our popcorn and watch Cops and AMW on TV together...lol....being apart sucks...even now, when I visit home, it's easier cause you know you are coming home to your hubby..but once it all passes, you look back and it seems ages ago that you were apart.

raining here today in PA, and very dark...gloomy...bah :(

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.