Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey! I did this a few days ago too! Isn't it awesome find out that Canada is one of the slowest consulates in the world? And we aren't even a developing country any more!

Frankly? I think we should be embarrassed. And no, not be included in the ranks of Ghana, Gambia and Iran but because we tout ourselves as being so savvy and in the know and ahead of the game.

This is one thing that is a little proof in the pudding that we are not...

Just sayin'...

;)

Totally off-topic, but still vent-worthy...

Wow, I just checked the timeline statistics and found out that for CR-1 / IR-1 filers, only Ghana, Gambia and Iran have longer wait times between NOA2 and interview than Canada...

:wow:

The consulate may be in Canada, but don't forget it is staffed/run by Americans!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow I am on a roll. I eat lunch at my desk, the kitchen makes the staff lunch every day. So I am sitting at my desk trying to eat and my boss comes over and starts talking to me and I say: "Can this please wait until I am finished eating?"

And apparently I have an attitude.

I am just not going to say anything anymore and go back to being a carpet. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow I am on a roll. I eat lunch at my desk, the kitchen makes the staff lunch every day. So I am sitting at my desk trying to eat and my boss comes over and starts talking to me and I say: "Can this please wait until I am finished eating?"

Jeez, and I thought you Canadians were supposed to be NICE!

Just kidding!!!

*ducks and hides*

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

And apparently I have an attitude.

I am just not going to say anything anymore and go back to being a carpet. :D

At my job, if I eat my lunch at my desk, people don't recognize that i'm on my break and will still come up, even if my office door is closed and ask me to do stuff.

Timeline

But we're not allowed to eat anywhere else.

Everyone eats at their desk.

What she was telling me could have waited 10 minutes. It was turkey dinner for lunch today... don't come between me and my turkey. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

What she was telling me could have waited 10 minutes. It was turkey dinner for lunch today... don't come between me and my turkey. :P

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm turkey.

So you're not allowed to eat anywhere if you elect to eat the meal that they provide you? Are they afraid you'll steal the flatware? :lol:. I would decline just so I could eat elsewhere.

Timeline

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm turkey.

So you're not allowed to eat anywhere if you elect to eat the meal that they provide you? Are they afraid you'll steal the flatware? :lol:. I would decline just so I could eat elsewhere.

Well the office staff is expected to stay at their desks. All the other staff gets to sit in the break room. I mean just incase something major happens like the copier or duplicator jamming or better yet some big wig coming in and wanting a tour.

You know cuz stuff like that happens ALL the time. /sarcasm

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm turkey.

Well the office staff is expected to stay at their desks. All the other staff gets to sit in the break room. I mean just incase something major happens like the copier or duplicator jamming or better yet some big wig coming in and wanting a tour.

Do you even have the option to go out for lunch, or are you required to only eat lunch at your desk?

Timeline

Aw, Sprailenes.. you is HILARIOUS.

My vent of the day???

EFFING Easter Seaboard Weather.

Hate you. Hate you so much. Thanks for the delays that you have caused in the flight schedules. Because it's not like I have to wait for enough damn stuff already.

Am waiting for my interview. No go on that yet, still waiting.

I wait to see my husband, no go -- you've delayed his flight making me feel like the potential for waiting is even greater.

i have to wait to move. Waiting

I have to wait to get on with my life. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

I have to wait to do pretty much everything. Wait, wait, wait...

So thank you, eastern seaboard whether for chiming in after we've had about 3 weeks of no rain and gorgeous weather, you decide to rain today. Thank you.

I know. Ridiculous rant but from a person who was born with very little patience, my last patience nerve is getting fried over here...

/rant

and thank you all...

;)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm turkey.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Aw, Sprailenes.. you is HILARIOUS.

My vent of the day???

EFFING Easter Seaboard Weather.

Hate you. Hate you so much. Thanks for the delays that you have caused in the flight schedules. Because it's not like I have to wait for enough damn stuff already.

I think the weather is in league with the Montreal Consulate, and both are conspiring to make your life miserable. Maybe you were Jack The Ripper in a former life...

Total mini-petty-vent here, but I'm annoyed that someone decided to correct me that there is no U.S. Embassy in Montreal, when I was giving advice to someone in the CR-1 forum. TOTAL matter of semantics. A consulate is a subset of an embassy...and why someone would take me to task over something so clearly irrelevant to my advice is beyond me. Grr.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

I responded to that, Wyatt. That was just petty and ridiculous.

I am completely feeling b1tchy right now. If there was something to beat on, I would. :|

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm turkey.

Do you even have the option to go out for lunch, or are you required to only eat lunch at your desk?

yea but why would I buy lunch or leave when I get great food here? It's kind of them scratching our back if we scratch theirs. They feed us lunch we stay here and keep working. It would be frowned upon if you left too.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Word!

Good thing we're not in the same room, Mal...

*slappity*

;)

I am completely feeling b1tchy right now. If there was something to beat on, I would. :|

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
Word!

Good thing we're not in the same room, Mal...

*slappity*

;)

Bring it!

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.