Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Indeed it is! Balance is what we need, but I could never hang out with this woman outside of work. I have been working here for over a year, and she's done this every single morning. It's come down to me parking my car in the morning here at work and dwelling on having to listen to her. I'll be typing and she'll still be going on... the phone will ring, I'll answer it, and she'll still be going on. She's just really annoying and I have been nice for a year.

She took offense and cried. Apparently she thinks I am power tripping and when I said: "I am sure you have a lot of work to do too" she took as a stab and figured I meant: "Go clean some toilets." When I did not mean that at all. But she twisted what I said into that and is milking it for all it's worth and I have no sympathy for her.

"Listen, I have a lot of work to do, and I am sure you do too... can we just not talk this morning" is exactly what I said. I don't see: "Go clean some toilets" in there at all.

And then the stupid: "Canadian's are supposed to be nice comments" from people. Like get over it, it's not my fault she's uber sensitive.

:rofl: That is so funny. Hopefully, she'll get the point and will stop bothering you in the morning...

The Lord is my strength and my shield,

My heart trusted in Him and I am helped,

therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

and with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28:7

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My big vent for the day is people that smoke. I'm so sorry but no matter how much cologne/perfume you put on, you still stink (unless it's cloves or something, I realize there are some exceptions Lol). Also those who've smoked for many years, yes it is very annoying to hear you clearing your throat every three seconds throughout the day. Please be aware that it is not normal for one human being to create enough lung butter in a day to require clearing a throat 30-40 times. You are gross, please stop immediately or move yourself to the basement so I don't have to hear you while working 9.5 hours a day :) That is all haha.

Sounds more like a whine than a vent :P

I've never smoked a day in my life (well, not cigarettes that is...I smoke cigars on occasion, but don't inhale), but I've always had to regularly clear my throat. It's no big deal, but it bugs me sometimes. I've tried Mucinex and another phlegm removing medicine or two, but they haven't had any effect. I suspect my tonsils are doing too good of a job...

So don't knock us throat clearers TOO much, Bowflex!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
I've never smoked a day in my life (well, not cigarettes that is...I smoke cigars on occasion, but don't inhale), but I've always had to regularly clear my throat. It's no big deal, but it bugs me sometimes. I've tried Mucinex and another phlegm removing medicine or two, but they haven't had any effect. I suspect my tonsils are doing too good of a job...

I smoked for a lot of years, both tobacco and the other herbs and spices :lol:

I clear my throat maybe once or twice a day. My co-worker had throat cancer 2 years ago and clears his throat every 3-5 minutes. Would I rather he didn't do it all the time? Certainly, but it doesn't bother me.

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

My big vent for the day is people that smoke. I'm so sorry but no matter how much cologne/perfume you put on, you still stink (unless it's cloves or something, I realize there are some exceptions Lol). Also those who've smoked for many years, yes it is very annoying to hear you clearing your throat every three seconds throughout the day. Please be aware that it is not normal for one human being to create enough lung butter in a day to require clearing a throat 30-40 times. You are gross, please stop immediately or move yourself to the basement so I don't have to hear you while working 9.5 hours a day :) That is all haha.

Haha when you have someone who smells the backside of a skunk after eating chipotle all day for 5 days a week, 9 to 10 hours a day, you'd really rethink your phrasing there Lol.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. Nothing more fun than an early-morning conversation about 'lung butter'!!!

*pukes*

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Haha If it was just someone clearing their throat that didn't smell like the Marlboro man I'd just take it in stride, I realize some folks just have medical problems or something like that. The fact that I actually hear him spitting whatever he coughs up into his trash can does not help his cause either Lol.

Totally off-topic, but still vent-worthy...

Wow, I just checked the timeline statistics and found out that for CR-1 / IR-1 filers, only Ghana, Gambia and Iran have longer wait times between NOA2 and interview than Canada...

:wow:

Seriously I hear this type of statistics about Montreal all the time but I'm always amazed how long it takes. I remember when I heard it took a year or more when we first started the process my jaw just dropped, then when I researched other countries and their times I just got angry haha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhh!!!!!

Who spits into a trashcan????? OMG, that is so effing gross. Uh. Uh. Uhhhhhh....

I would say something. I would march over there and do the famous LGG finger wag...

God.

Sick.

Haha If it was just someone clearing their throat that didn't smell like the Marlboro man I'd just take it in stride, I realize some folks just have medical problems or something like that. The fact that I actually hear him spitting whatever he coughs up into his trash can does not help his cause either Lol.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Wow. Nothing more fun than an early-morning conversation about 'lung butter'!!!

*pukes*

Haha Many apologies :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhh!!!!!

Who spits into a trashcan????? OMG, that is so effing gross. Uh. Uh. Uhhhhhh....

I would say something. I would march over there and do the famous LGG finger wag...

God.

Sick.

Lol I've talked to him once about it and all I got was "Well I've got to get it out somehow, what do you propose?". It's kind of funny because the people around him all just walk by and shake their heads constantly haha.

Wow, I just checked the timeline statistics and found out that for CR-1 / IR-1 filers, only Ghana, Gambia and Iran have longer wait times between NOA2 and interview than Canada...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

after the cheese curds - the lung butter process............

good morning people :lol:

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hey! I did this a few days ago too! Isn't it awesome find out that Canada is one of the slowest consulates in the world? And we aren't even a developing country any more!

Frankly? I think we should be embarrassed. And no, not be included in the ranks of Ghana, Gambia and Iran but because we tout ourselves as being so savvy and in the know and ahead of the game.

This is one thing that is a little proof in the pudding that we are not...

Just sayin'...

;)

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Haha when you have someone who smells the backside of a skunk after eating chipotle all day for 5 days a week, 9 to 10 hours a day, you'd really rethink your phrasing there Lol.

I do understand what you mean about cigarette smoke. For me, there is a huge difference between first hand and second hand smoke. First hand smoke smell is like an aphrodisiac for me. I quit smoking 4 years ago but still get intense cravings. Now second hand smoke... that is the most disgusting smell on the planet. The worst is that many middle eastern people here where I live and work (not co-workers thankfully) don't believe in deoderant. So you get that smell that you can only get after sitting in a cab for 10 hours sweating, coupled with the "I chain smoked two packs of camel no-filters" and i'm about ready to puke.

Lol Good God yeah your vent trumps mine, I humbly bow down to you sir haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.