Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

I wouldn't go out for coffee with this woman because she doesn't interest me at all. It's not my fault she's lonely nor is it my responsibilty. I know that's harsh, but I have enough on my plate than to have to worry if she has a friend. She'd be a sympathy friend... I don't want one of those. :P

But what if she's a USCIS agent in cognito, charged with determining your suitability as an American resident?

Just sayin'...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my god! Same exact thing happened to me here at MY Job. NOt with the cleaning lady though. sometimes when it's nice I like to go and sit BY MYSELF outside and drink my coffee or whatever. The people who hang around down there and smoke feel like I need to be talked to, asked personal questions and participate. I dont' want to. I'm there to be alone and to have a moment to myself and I don't generally seek out other people unless we have a friendship and even then? Sometimes not.

So NOW, I have a reputation as being a little snotty and stand-offish and rude. WTFE... I was not put on this planet to placate everyone and I'm polite and such but god...

IT's okay, Nev... most people in the world can't stand blunt, to the point honesty. Believe me... most people would rather placate, kowtow or pander before they say what's really on their mind. I know that you and I are both polite but god forbid we want to just do our t hing. I find that makes some people really antsy.

/rant

PS. I am also extremely touchy about who I will share information about my life with. I find it rude to be asked personal questions and such and I require a lot of personal space and such. Why people don't get that it's impolite to impose these sorts of encroachments on others I will never understand...

Omg. Every day... I come in about 30 minutes early because I like the sound of silence in the office, and it's just something that helps me prepare for the day. I do it with every job... with that being said, every day the cleaning lady talks to me, and every day I try to be really nice and just nod but inside I am like: "I don't come to work 30 minutes early so you can talk to me!"

So finally this morning I told her: "I really have a lot of work to do, and I'm pretty sure you do too.." and I tried to say it in the nicest way possible.

Well... I MADE HER CRY! She started freaking crying! #######!? I was very nice about it... as nice as I could have possibly been.

And I just know the fact that she cried is going to make people think I'm the wicked witch of the west or something, but come on! Every day she talks my hear off about the same thing.

She got bit by a spider 7 months ago and she's STILL going on about it.

Sounds like she's really lonely. Maybe she has no friends, and no one else to talk to. Are you in an office where you could close your door? Maybe you could meet her later in the day or set some time aside to talk to her at coffee break. I'm sure she'd love that.

Are you thinking (the bolded part) me? :yes::lol:

No, everyone around the office. The maintenance guy is her boss and he came back and said: "And I thought you Canadians were nice!" and word travelled fast and now everyones like: "Nevada, made her cry!"

I wouldn't go out for coffee with this woman because she doesn't interest me at all. It's not my fault she's lonely nor is it my responsibilty. I know that's harsh, but I have enough on my plate than to have to worry if she has a friend. She'd be a sympathy friend... I don't want one of those. :P

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep I am big on space myself.

She's married, her husband can have the job of keeping her entertained. I work a certain way and that's why I come in early, and to have someone standing there giving you complete recaps of that stupid TMZ show, how she thinks gays and transgendered people are gross, how she hates her son's gf, and her 7 month old spider bite EVERY DAY - it gets old fast. I try not to associate with homophobes in general.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

GO out with coffee with her? ####### for??? I mean, that's a lovely sentiment, Carla but I don't think life is about feeling sorry for or pandering to everyone out there that has needs that we can't possibly meet.

That sounds like a bit of a nightmare to me, actually. I am very choosy as to whom I spend my time with and I'm sorry, I don't care if it's the President of the USA or a cleaning lady, if you're bugging me, you're bugging me and if you don't have the intuitive sense to understand that, I doubt very much we are going to get along well enough to warrant us going out for a coffee.

Then again... it is people like you, Carla that balance out people like me. ANd balance is a good thing.

:)

LGG

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Timeline
The maintenance guy is her boss and he came back and said: "And I thought you Canadians were nice!" and word travelled fast and now everyones like: "Nevada, made her cry!"

That's exactly what went through my head! :lol:

I guess she really liked you and thought you were her friend. That's probably why she cried. Oh well. At least she won't be talking your head off anymore. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

Indeed it is! Balance is what we need, but I could never hang out with this woman outside of work. I have been working here for over a year, and she's done this every single morning. It's come down to me parking my car in the morning here at work and dwelling on having to listen to her. I'll be typing and she'll still be going on... the phone will ring, I'll answer it, and she'll still be going on. She's just really annoying and I have been nice for a year.

She took offense and cried. Apparently she thinks I am power tripping and when I said: "I am sure you have a lot of work to do too" she took as a stab and figured I meant: "Go clean some toilets." When I did not mean that at all. But she twisted what I said into that and is milking it for all it's worth and I have no sympathy for her.

"Listen, I have a lot of work to do, and I am sure you do too... can we just not talk this morning" is exactly what I said. I don't see: "Go clean some toilets" in there at all.

And then the stupid: "Canadian's are supposed to be nice comments" from people. Like get over it, it's not my fault she's uber sensitive.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Can you park right behind them when they park in your spot, basically blocking them in so that they have to come and get you to move? Also, maybe put up a sign that says "Parking reserved for Apartment XXX - violators will be towed"?

Unfortunately, no one has the right to put up signage except city, municipal and other such entities. This signage has to be approved probably by the town Marilyn lives in. I'm sure the building owner could put it up but he would have to contact the proper authorities first and get the approval from them.

I order signage for the university I work at every week. The laws are very particular.

If it is parking provided on private property such as an apartment complex, then they can put up their own assigned parking signs without any approval process. Marilyn, is it in your lease agreement that the specified parking space is assigned to you? If it is and they continue, just call the police or a tow company to have it towed.

Timeline

I just found out my grandma has cancer.

It has killed too many of my family already. #### cancer.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Timeline

AW.... I'm sorry to hear this bradcanuck....

(F)

I just found out my grandma has cancer.

It has killed too many of my family already. #### cancer.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
Can you park right behind them when they park in your spot, basically blocking them in so that they have to come and get you to move? Also, maybe put up a sign that says "Parking reserved for Apartment XXX - violators will be towed"?

Unfortunately, no one has the right to put up signage except city, municipal and other such entities. This signage has to be approved probably by the town Marilyn lives in. I'm sure the building owner could put it up but he would have to contact the proper authorities first and get the approval from them.

I order signage for the university I work at every week. The laws are very particular.

If it is parking provided on private property such as an apartment complex, then they can put up their own assigned parking signs without any approval process. Marilyn, is it in your lease agreement that the specified parking space is assigned to you? If it is and they continue, just call the police or a tow company to have it towed.

I am not sure about the lease thing but our apartment numbers are on the spots..

not sure I want to make a big deal about it... and they would have to be idiots to park in our spot again :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I am not sure about the lease thing but our apartment numbers are on the spots..

not sure I want to make a big deal about it... and they would have to be idiots to park in our spot again :wacko:

If they park in your spot again, I don't think that they are wacko, more like they are testing to see how far you'll go. If you dont' report them, or call to have their car towed, or at a bare minimum, call the manager, then they will keep parking there. If you let people walk all over you, then they will.

Timeline

Brad, I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I hope it isn't too far along and they are able to treat it. It runs in my Mom's side of the family too.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

My big vent for the day is people that smoke. I'm so sorry but no matter how much cologne/perfume you put on, you still stink (unless it's cloves or something, I realize there are some exceptions Lol). Also those who've smoked for many years, yes it is very annoying to hear you clearing your throat every three seconds throughout the day. Please be aware that it is not normal for one human being to create enough lung butter in a day to require clearing a throat 30-40 times. You are gross, please stop immediately or move yourself to the basement so I don't have to hear you while working 9.5 hours a day :) That is all haha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.