Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband blames the exact same thing, he cant breathe from his nose when he's eating.

My parents keep telling me to just let it go, but I can't! It's so gross. laughing.gif

Same here! I can't let it go either, especially when we go out. I am like: "Can you try to chew with your mouth closed? Take smaller bites." :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

My husband does it too! So does his dad. It's sooo gross. The first time I went out to eat with him I was kind of horrified...:lol:

He has quieted down, he doesn't make the smacking noise now, so I do avoid looking at him... he say's it's because he can't breathe out his nose.

My FIL though.. he smacks and chews and it's gross. I can't stand it.

Lol If your guy can go underwater when swimming without his mouth being wide open, make him shut his friggin mouth when he eats haha

That is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves, it's just disgusting and there's no way to give an excuse for it haha. If you can't breath through your nose, guess what, if you're chewing for more than 15-20 seconds you might want to rethink your strategy for eating Lol.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Same here! I can't let it go either, especially when we go out. I am like: "Can you try to chew with your mouth closed? Take smaller bites." :lol:

Ugh, don't get me started on the bite size.

I'm always telling him to take smaller bites, it'd help his chewing with his mouth open problem and it makes him look like he hasn't eaten in days.

It's just so silly.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Seriously? I find this effing grotesque! I think it would be a real deal breaker for me, to be honest. Especially at the beginning when you're like, hmmm..... but I suppose the flaws that we have fit well with the flaws our person has, right?

:D

My husband does it too! So does his dad. It's sooo gross. The first time I went out to eat with him I was kind of horrified...:lol:

He has quieted down, he doesn't make the smacking noise now, so I do avoid looking at him... he say's it's because he can't breathe out his nose.

My FIL though.. he smacks and chews and it's gross. I can't stand it.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Lol If your guy can go underwater when swimming without his mouth being wide open, make him shut his friggin mouth when he eats haha

That is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves, it's just disgusting and there's no way to give an excuse for it haha. If you can't breath through your nose, guess what, if you're chewing for more than 15-20 seconds you might want to rethink your strategy for eating Lol.

:lol: I am going to have him read this! I agree with you, it disgusts me too. It IS my biggest pet peeve.

When we first went out to eat I noticed it... and was like: "Oh god.. he's an open mouthed chewer!"

Seriously? I find this effing grotesque! I think it would be a real deal breaker for me, to be honest. Especially at the beginning when you're like, hmmm..... but I suppose the flaws that we have fit well with the flaws our person has, right?

biggrin.gif

Nah, it's not smacking bad... he just chews with his mouth open... I can't explain it.

It couldn't be a deal breaker really... I had already fallen in love with the guy... we had talked for 10 months prior to meeting. :lol: I wasn't going to let the chewing be a deal breaker. He's perfect in every other way. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Everyone has their flaws right? :lol:

My husband doesn't chew with his mouth open (thank god) but he takes the worlds biggest bites, it's absolutely insane. We'll sit down to eat, and he'll be done before I'm even half done, and he eats so much more! It's the worst when we have pasta. He shovels a huge folkfull into his mouth and then sits there looking like he has balloons for cheeks :dead:

Timeline

I am really big on table manners. But its funny, my husband grew up in one of those families where you'd think they'd be big on their table manners too, but apparently not. My husband said he used to hum while he ate as a child, and that was acceptable within his family... but then he went for dinner at a cousins house and his uncle SCREAMED at him for it. :lol:

He still talks about it like it was yesterday I think he traumatized him.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

lol!!!!

Made me laugh. Yah, I think that if my husband was an open mouth chewer it would of been too late for me too.

:)

Humming? God, that made me laugh out loud.

I wont' be getting into my flaws at all!

:D

I am really big on table manners. But its funny, my husband grew up in one of those families where you'd think they'd be big on their table manners too, but apparently not. My husband said he used to hum while he ate as a child, and that was acceptable within his family... but then he went for dinner at a cousins house and his uncle SCREAMED at him for it. :lol:

He still talks about it like it was yesterday I think he traumatized him.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

My flaws? I laugh at everything, even serious situations, I can't help it. People say: "Oh you must be nervous!" No I do find strange things absolutely hilarious... sorry?

I laughed at my grandpas funeral because the sniffling started to go to the beat of that "do wa diddy diddy" song, it could have very well been my imagination, and most certainly probably was. But when I busted out laughing so did the rest of my family, and I don't think they knew why they were laughing but damn it felt good to finally let that out at the time.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

My flaws? I laugh at everything, even serious situations, I can't help it. People say: "Oh you must be nervous!" No I do find strange things absolutely hilarious... sorry?

I laughed at my grandpas funeral because the sniffling started to go to the beat of that "do wa diddy diddy" song, it could have very well been my imagination, and most certainly probably was. But when I busted out laughing so did the rest of my family, and I don't think they knew why they were laughing but damn it felt good to finally let that out at the time.

aww... that's kinda sweet. I bet your grandpa would've thought that was pretty awesome.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I was picking up chinese take-out yesterday. In line, there was a man probably in his mid 80's who was ordering. It was one of those cringe-worthy moments. It went a little something like this:

Old Man: "Soooo you're asian, what do you suggest I get?"

Server: "Sir, I'm mexican, not asian and we have a lot of items that are quite tasty"

Old Man: "I suppose, but what is the best?"

At this point, he looks at me, and then spots an asian guy sitting at a table eating his lunch

Old Man: "Hey, you're asian, what do you suggest here?"

Asian Guy: "excuse me? I'm supposed to be a chinese food expert? I'm fvcking korean by the way"

Old man then turns back around to the restaurant server. I was expecting one of those "You know if it wasn't for me, you'd all be speaking german" kind of lines.

Old Man: "Chrissakes, I only a question and nobody here wants to help. You people in Los Angeles, i just don't get it"

Server: "Sir, would you like chow mein or fried rice?"

Old Man: "My daughter keeps telling me I need to try new things and new foods. Well here I am doing that and nobody will tell me what to order."

Server: "Sir, you can sample any item you want, just point it out and I get you a sample"

Old Man: "Thats no good, I just want a suggestion. This never happens back home"

Server: "Where are you from sir? Maybe we have different item names"

Old Man: "I'm not from here, and thats all you need to know"

He then turns around and looks me dead in the eye and whispers to me that he's from Calgary, Alberta. :rofl:

I had to bite my tongue not to bust out laughing. Thank god another server came over and took my order before I couldn't hold it in anymore.

Timeline

Well, all I can say is I am so glad I don't suffer from seasonal allergies! Spring has definitely sprung here and the tree pollen is unbelievable. Every year we get yellow/green pollen dust that coats every outside surface for a few days, clogs car filters, and turns everything yellowy green. This year is apparently one of the worst on record and Atlanta leads the country in having the highest pollen count.

Now, for comparison - very high means any count over 120. Todays count is 5,733 - more than double yesterday's which was more than double the day's before. Clouds of pollen swirl up from the road when you drive and heading to work this morning I saw the whole city of Atlanta on the skyline obscured in clouds of yellow green mist like some sort of smog cloud - except it was pollen. Just walking outside makes my eyes feel like they are gummed up and I keep having to use eye drops to see. This stuff is everywhere! The gray long haired stray cat who has been staying on our porch has yellow paws and yellow ears and a dusting of yellow over his coat. You can't see through the car windows unless you wipe them off first. As I was saying, I am so glad that I don't suffer from seasonal allergies! It must be a living hell for those who do.

http://www.atlantaal...ollenCount.aspx

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I was picking up chinese take-out yesterday. In line, there was a man probably in his mid 80's who was ordering. It was one of those cringe-worthy moments. It went a little something like this:

Old Man: "Soooo you're asian, what do you suggest I get?"

Server: "Sir, I'm mexican, not asian and we have a lot of items that are quite tasty"

Old Man: "I suppose, but what is the best?"

At this point, he looks at me, and then spots an asian guy sitting at a table eating his lunch

Old Man: "Hey, you're asian, what do you suggest here?"

Asian Guy: "excuse me? I'm supposed to be a chinese food expert? I'm fvcking korean by the way"

Old man then turns back around to the restaurant server. I was expecting one of those "You know if it wasn't for me, you'd all be speaking german" kind of lines.

Old Man: "Chrissakes, I only a question and nobody here wants to help. You people in Los Angeles, i just don't get it"

Server: "Sir, would you like chow mein or fried rice?"

Old Man: "My daughter keeps telling me I need to try new things and new foods. Well here I am doing that and nobody will tell me what to order."

Server: "Sir, you can sample any item you want, just point it out and I get you a sample"

Old Man: "Thats no good, I just want a suggestion. This never happens back home"

Server: "Where are you from sir? Maybe we have different item names"

Old Man: "I'm not from here, and thats all you need to know"

He then turns around and looks me dead in the eye and whispers to me that he's from Calgary, Alberta. :rofl:

I had to bite my tongue not to bust out laughing. Thank god another server came over and took my order before I couldn't hold it in anymore.

:rofl: :rofl: That is hilarious! Guess they don't have many Chinese restaurants in Calgary!

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.