Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I am now also responsible for taking members kids to the pool one friday a month in the summer and doing arts and crafts with them...

:o

mad.gif

I am afraid I would have told them a flat-out "No" as soon as the subject was broached. Isn't there some sort of law where you are required to have some sort of certification for looking after children?

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately they know I have my ECE certification. They also know I have taught art to children in the past.

So they're just like: "Well Nevada has all of this stuff! Let's use her!"

I don't remember volunteering for it, I just remember being volunteered for it. I came up with programs that would be fun for the kids and now somehow this is something I am going to be doing. I just feel like I am being used. The more I think about it, and talk to my husband about it, the more upset I get.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately they know I have my ECE certification. They also know I have taught art to children in the past.

So they're just like: "Well Nevada has all of this stuff! Let's use her!"

I don't remember volunteering for it, I just remember being volunteered for it. I came up with programs that would be fun for the kids and now somehow this is something I am going to be doing. I just feel like I am being used. The more I think about it, and talk to my husband about it, the more upset I get.

You are being used. They are using you to perform duties that they would normally have to hire another person to do. This is outside the scope of your job. You should look for another job, if nothing else it will be a bargaining chip at your current job. I think they probably realize how indispenable you are but are hoping that you don't. If you get a job offer elsewhere and turned in your notice at your current job, I would bet money that they would counteroffer you with a 10-20% increase in your pay.

Driver's licence is expired. I still have the old health card with no picture on it.

I wonder if I should go back with my passport and a bank card. Last time they said they just needed a picture ID and some other ID like an old bank card... but the account for the card I have is closed..

And seriously? I can't get my driver's license until AFTER I get my greencard now?!

How the heck am I supposed to get onto my husband's account with out it? I'm going to lack evidence majorly if I can't get on :crying:

My I-94 expired on the 22nd of February :wacko:

Guess I better go cancel that appointment then :/

We added Mel onto my bank account with probably less ID. All you really need is a valid picture ID (your passport), a copy of your visa, and a copy of your marriage certificate. You already have your SSN, so that should help tremendously. You don't need a driver's license. If they say you do, they are full of #######. Out of curiosity, what bank are you with? If you are still unable to get yourself added to your husband's account, I would consider keeping a minimum balance in that account and opening a new one. I know that Wells Fargo will open one for you with your passport, SSN, visa and marriage certificate.

Timeline

I just read that Lady Gaga is headlining Lollapalooza. Fail. If there was any doubt in the past that the organizers of this festival had sold out, this should solidify that.

She played about 3 years back, when she still had brown hair. She played on small side stage wearing leather underwear.

Haha that rhymed. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

She played about 3 years back, when she still had brown hair. She played on small side stage wearing leather underwear.

Haha that rhymed. :P

Too bad Lady Gaga is incapable of doing the same :P

I thought I hated Lady Gaga, and then I heard Kesha. God I hate pop music. Seriously, I need to charge my iPod and stop listening to the radio.

Timeline

I like Lady Gaga... but I've liked her for a long time... like when she still had brown hair and wore leather underwear.. :P She has blown up, but I really do like how she sort of does her thing, and pushes the envelope... but it's not like pushing it in a slutty way... it's pushing it in a more artistic way.

Like Britney and Christina pushed it because they decided to become slutty... that shouldn't be recognized as ground breaking.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just read that Lady Gaga is headlining Lollapalooza. Fail. If there was any doubt in the past that the organizers of this festival had sold out, this should solidify that.

ummmm.....alrighty then.

I remember a few years ago (probably more like 5 or 6) Otep was scheduled to play at Lollapalooza. And now they've got Lady Gaga? What a sell out.

Don't get me wrong, I'd tolerate Lady Gaga over Kesha anyday, and I DO appreciate all kinds of music but Lollapalooza used to be better than that.

Buncha pooheads. :angry:

Edited by Kayla*Mathew

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I think it's funny Soundgarden is going to be there... who the hell cares about them anymore??

It's been a decent year for indie music... surely there's more that they could have put on. Oh well just means I'll be saving about money by not attending.

Osheaga in Montreal is going to be the festival of the summer.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I like Lady Gaga... but I've liked her for a long time... like when she still had brown hair and wore leather underwear.. :P She has blown up, but I really do like how she sort of does her thing, and pushes the envelope... but it's not like pushing it in a slutty way... it's pushing it in a more artistic way.

Like Britney and Christina pushed it because they decided to become slutty... that shouldn't be recognized as ground breaking.

But if you listen to her lyrics...... I think they make you dumber. :P

I thought she was pretty good for a pop artist when I first heard her a few years ago. Kesha has some of the dumbest lyrics i've heard, but at least she writes her own material, and doesn't lip synch at concerts :whistle:

Wow. Boy has Lollapalooza fallen... It used to be an edgy festival. Lady Gaga is not edgy. She's a ready-made media ####### who just happens to have chosen music as the genre of choice to ####### it out in.

Otep are great, by the way. Well...House of Secrets is great. I wasn't so fond of her/their first album, and haven't heard their last two.

A related rant: why do so many metal bands opt for the distorted, unintelligible "cookie monster" vocals? I'm not a metalhead, but I DO own probably about 100 albums that would be considered metal. I'd surely be MORE into metal if there were more "clean" vocals a la Tool. I still love some bands that have the "cookie monster" vox (Opeth being my favorite), but can't help but wish more metal bands would do the same heavy, grinding, complex music with intelligible lyrics!

I just got this CD called Blackjazz by a Norwegian death metal band called Shining...and the music is insane and frenetic...truly a hybrid between extreme death metal and jazz. I like it, but I'd like it even MORE if there were either NO vocals, or cleaner vocals. I just get tired of hearing some dude screaming into a mic...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

It's not really Lollapalooza anymore it's C3 Productions. Perry Farrel also has very little to do with it anymore, he's like the Ronald McDonald of music festivals. Just a face to go with the name... and even then half of the people at the festival have no clue who he is.

I can see why they'd choose Lady Gaga though. Madonna played Coachella a few years back? I remember a lot of people going: '#######' over that too. But it's all about a bit of a balance. That's what C3 is starting to go for, kind of bringing different genres together instead of just one.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. Boy has Lollapalooza fallen... It used to be an edgy festival. Lady Gaga is not edgy. She's a ready-made media ####### who just happens to have chosen music as the genre of choice to ####### it out in.

Otep are great, by the way. Well...House of Secrets is great. I wasn't so fond of her/their first album, and haven't heard their last two.

A related rant: why do so many metal bands opt for the distorted, unintelligible "cookie monster" vocals? I'm not a metalhead, but I DO own probably about 100 albums that would be considered metal. I'd surely be MORE into metal if there were more "clean" vocals a la Tool. I still love some bands that have the "cookie monster" vox (Opeth being my favorite), but can't help but wish more metal bands would do the same heavy, grinding, complex music with intelligible lyrics!

I just got this CD called Blackjazz by a Norwegian death metal band called Shining...and the music is insane and frenetic...truly a hybrid between extreme death metal and jazz. I like it, but I'd like it even MORE if there were either NO vocals, or cleaner vocals. I just get tired of hearing some dude screaming into a mic...

House of Secrets was my favorite of all her stuff. What came after that hasn't been so awesome.

I love metal music, heck I love all music, but when the screaming stuff starts I want to bang my head into a wall. Well, not all of it does. I like Dimmu Borgir and some other things like that, but I CAN'T STAND Cradle of Filth. I don't know why but when I hear that band I get so annoyed.

Mathew turned me on to Power Metal(or melodic metal) when we dated the first time around (2004), and I tend to lean more towards that side of the spectrum now as it still has the awesome music and none or very minimal amounts of the I-kill-kittens-for-fun type vocals.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.