Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

It's okay, Sprailenes. I totally understand, I post alot of things I wish I never did as well.

So it's okay :D

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just don't go making kids if you can't take care of the ones you already have. Thats all.

I wouldn't want a child with a dead beat. Shows her standards.

Okay done venting. I'm off to have beer and falafel!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No need to be sorry (my personal opinion), i'm glad you shared all that Nev - it actually made me think about other things, similar (both my parents had children from previous marriages - it's all quite complicated).

Also, by the very nature of this board there are no doubt other divorced or single parents here that face the same thing, since most will have the other biological parent in another country now, or soon.

You probably gave them some food for thought too.

Timeline

Yea... I guess it would't be so bad if they could just have some sort of relationship with him... you know.

They just completely ignore his existence and go on about their lives like it isn't hurting anyone. They don't even realize what their actions are doing to him. I know I'm not alone and that is very comforting.

He's really a fantastic kid and I don't understand how anyone wouldn't want to be in his life... of course I'm biased. ;)

But no really... he's fab! :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

He sounds fab every time you talk about him, a son you can really be proud of. Sucks to be his dad, he will never know the awesome kid his son is.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He sounds fab every time you talk about him, a son you can really be proud of. Sucks to be his dad, he will never know the awesome kid his son is.

Agreed!!!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Other Timeline

Blah...I usually don't vent but...

For the last 24 hours, I've had a fever of 102 degrees, along with a stuffy nose, a cough, nausea, and a headache.

I feel sick... :(

On top of that, I med-wise I can't take anything for it...I guess I have to tough it out...

I can't sleep, I can't do anything around the house, and I have to pretty much avoid everyone else around here...

So I guess I have to delay those Easter plans.....

Blah...

So I guess I'm just hanging around VJ all day/night.....

Oh well..It keeps me entertained and awake.....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

Marilyn,

Everytime I see that little dog with the big leaf in his mouth in your signature I smile - he is SO ADORABLE! :yes:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Marilyn,

Everytime I see that little dog with the big leaf in his mouth in your signature I smile - he is SO ADORABLE! :yes:

I was just thinking that too!

Honestly...I was just looking at Marilyn's signature pic, and I got the very first pang of missing something from Vancouver -- my parents' dogs! I miss having dogs around. Ah well.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

hope you feel better soon (F)

Marilyn-Don't worry...It probably won't last too much longer...I just don't like getting stuff like this, and not being able to take meds for such...blah....

Lol..on the bright side...Since I can't sleep....looks like I'm pulling an all-nighter here on VJ....:thumbs:

So that's an advantage to all you VJers there....lol.....

I figure if I stay up long enough, I'll fall asleep on the couch or something....

Meanwhile, I get the day/night off from babysitting...lol....So that's sort of a break there...lol...

Oh well...

By the way, I agree with the others....Cute doggie with the leaf...Awww! :)

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Yea... I guess it would't be so bad if they could just have some sort of relationship with him... you know.

They just completely ignore his existence and go on about their lives like it isn't hurting anyone. They don't even realize what their actions are doing to him. I know I'm not alone and that is very comforting.

He's really a fantastic kid and I don't understand how anyone wouldn't want to be in his life... of course I'm biased. ;)

But no really... he's fab! :D

Sprailenes-Sorry to hear about your son's relationship with his dad. Yeah, it's bad that he is not there for him in his life. It's his dad's loss there....What father wouldn't want a great kid like Ethan?

Eventually he will find out what he as missed...It might be too late then, but then again, "time heals all wounds"...

If it makes you feel any better, I never had the best relationship with my dad either (my parents are divorced)...

And it isn't only until recently, with me as an adult, and he as a new grandpa, that we sort of reconnected in ways...

So I hope that someday Ethan does connect with his father. If not, at least he he luck to have your husband, as a male role-model in his life...Hey, Stepfathers are just as good (if not better in this case) than biological fathers, right?

Ant

I think it's a pug Marilyn. Super cute :)

Wyatt, you could volunteer at a local dog shelter! That's what I'm doing, to get my doggie fix when I need it. :lol:

And Sprail: I meant to comment on this earlier... I had an ex boyfriend who had a similar father situation. His parents separated when he was really young, and his father's new wife wanted him to have nothing to do with his previous children. Both my ex and his brother grew to DESPISE their father because of this, which was really unfortunate. But I think it's because their mother was a little cuckoo and also never remarried or had another relationship, and she HATED talking about it, and they never had a fatherly figure in a positive way. I think Ethan will be ok, so long as like others have said, he is talked to in an honest and open way about the situation, and reminded of how much the people in his life do love him and want him around. Make him understand it's not HIS issue, or even his father's (though kinda)... it's because of the severe insecurities of his father's new girl (I was going to say 'woman' but she doesn't deserve the title)... If he needs to direct his emotions towards anyone, it should be her. As for her being pregnant with his baby... all I have to say about that is 'POINT... LAUGH!'... I had another ex who I found out years after dating him that he got his girlfriend pregnant... I laughed for days. All I could think was 'thank GOD that's not me'... LOL Ahhh... good times. (F)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.