Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I posted on my blog a few years ago, before Yvo and I got married, that we were eloping. Fooled a few people, but other picked out that the minister's name was going to be Lirpa Sloof. Fun for a little while, though. ;)

Pauley-Lol..:lol: Lirpa Sloof...Good one!

Lol..I got eloped for real though...In April, a few years ago....No joke...

Just on a whim we decided to get married....

Shocked a lot of people, really....Guess they were the fools...lol...

(see my vj timeline for more info...)

Was the best decision that I ever made...:) No fooling..;)

And to everyone else- Happy April Fools :jest: (though no joking around from me here...lol..)

Happy Easter, everyone, as well!...:)(F)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I try to stick to HGTV. Unfortunately that can be an expensive channel to watch if you live in a 40 year old "in need of renovation" house. :yes:

Oh yeah! :lol: I have some very expensive and very elaborate design plans that will never be implemented thanks to HGTV. Our house needs major landscaping help so I've been watching a lot of those types of shows. It is actually pretty helpful! Except they like to go way overboard and do things normal people just wouldn't be able to do on their own, never mind the cost factor!

:lol: I was just about to post a warning in the Off Topic thread that it was April Fool's tomorrow. haha I think my joke will be telling my friends I'm being deported. But that might be mean. And knowing my luck, I'll jinx myself and it'll end up true :wacko:

I was going to tell my mom I'm pregnant, then I thought about the whole karma thing and decided against it. I don't really want to take that risk... :lol:

My vent for right now? The stupid Avs LISTLESS play...I was getting ready to watch them in the playoffs this year, now it's looking like I'm going to have to watch them choke :( Pick it up!!!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My vent for right now? The stupid Avs LISTLESS play...I was getting ready to watch them in the playoffs this year, now it's looking like I'm going to have to watch them choke :( Pick it up!!!

They are still ahead of my Flames,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Neither of them are going to catch my Canucks for the division title. :whistle:

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Neither of them are going to catch my Canucks for the division title. :whistle:

Haha Luongo will just give it up in the playoffs though. I guess having a banner being raised in the rafters is okay, even if it's just for a division title :whistle:

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

of course we can all have sit around and talk about our Stanley cup banners that are hanging! Well at least some of us can,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Haha Luongo will just give it up in the playoffs though. I guess having a banner being raised in the rafters is okay, even if it's just for a division title :whistle:

Psh. Luongo's playoff stats are great! He had one bad game -- one bad game at a critical time, I'll admit -- but one bad game. Even including that one atrocious game, he has a 2.09 GAA and a .930 save percentage! If you believe, like I do, that save percentage is the most important goalie stat, I'm not sure how anyone can knock him overall as a playoff goaltender. One bad game!

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline

Dare I even chime in, I mean you should all be quiet and cry with me, AGAIN this year. crying.gif

And Flames tell them Flames to pick it up cause they are my 2nd favorite team, so they better squeeze in.....

Edited by Leafgal

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

And Flames tell them Flames to pick it up cause they are my 2nd favorite team, so they better squeeze in.....

You sure know how to pick a winner... :whistle:

:P

Psh. Luongo's playoff stats are great! He had one bad game -- one bad game at a critical time, I'll admit -- but one bad game. Even including that one atrocious game, he has a 2.09 GAA and a .930 save percentage! If you believe, like I do, that save percentage is the most important goalie stat, I'm not sure how anyone can knock him overall as a playoff goaltender. One bad game!

I wouldn't be too stoked about him after seeing that REALLY rough game against the Americans, looked like he was controllling those rebounds off his chest like a soccer player :)

Gonna be a great playoffs though, I seriously can't wait, I just hope the Avs don't continue to choke Lol

All I can say is that I'm going to REALLY miss having cable when the playoffs start. I already miss it a little bit for some things, but missing most of the playoffs is going to suck badly. I'll have to try to find proxies online. Being on the East Coast isn't going to help in terms of time zones though...my 'Nucks start at 10:00 PM!

Timeline

All I can say is that I'm going to REALLY miss having cable when the playoffs start. I already miss it a little bit for some things, but missing most of the playoffs is going to suck badly. I'll have to try to find proxies online. Being on the East Coast isn't going to help in terms of time zones though...my 'Nucks start at 10:00 PM!

http://atdhe.net/ oodles of hockey on there. and yahoo shows some as well

Timeline

Ugh, I know right? I was so annoyed last night... What a frustrating game. They almost scored a million times, I just couldn't believe half those pucks didn't go into the net. And, for the record, I was sitting pretty close to the goal line in the 3rd row and it seriously didn't look like McLeod's stick went higher than the crossbar. But, what can you do.

Yeah... no offense, but I really hope they crash and burn :lol: If they make it, the Avs won't.

Speaking of the Avs choking, their playoff tickets just went on pre-sale today. Should I buy? I mean, I want to buy, but I also feel like buying will completely jinx them... I'm torn.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of the Avs choking, their playoff tickets just went on pre-sale today. Should I buy? I mean, I want to buy, but I also feel like buying will completely jinx them... I'm torn.

Then by all means, buy them, RIGHT NOW!!!! :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.