Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

My husband only got one unemployment check and all of the sudden they're phone interviewing him again.

They better not take it away, or I'll be really pissed off.

Edited by Rhiannercakes

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I really hope things turn around for you two real soon. :(

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

My husband only got one unemployment check and all of the sudden they're phone interviewing him again.

They better not take it away, or I'll be really pissed off.

That sucks Rhiann. I'm sure it's nothing though, they probably just need to clarify something. Dan actually had one of his unemployment reports sent back to him because he didn't pay attention to the date and sent it too early. LOL But so far it seems ok other than that.

I might pick your brain later for some co-sponsor questions. You're going to be my AOS cheerer, cause I'm paranoid about them denying us because he's on unemployment now. Ya know, cause we're not supposed to 'use the system', and be a burden to taxpayers and all that. :rolleyes:

And thanks Sam... I hope so too. This isn't fun anymore. lol

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

That's cool, you can ask me questions about the AOS if you want.

It's pretty simple.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby and I woke up half an hour ago to find a leak in our house. The combination of the snowmeggadon melting plus all the windy rain we've had might have damaged the roof under our deck and caused water to come in the house. All of the online articles Ive read say attend to the matter right away... but its 6:30 in the morning, he has to work soon and its suppose to rain until Tuesday. Has anyone suffered any roof leaks? What did you do? :(

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Lots o' buckets. :(

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have to do the repair yourself, so need to wait until Tuesday, when it rains, roofers use tarps to cover the area, so if there is any way you can divert the water using them - that would be my best suggestion - good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
That sucks Rhiann. I'm sure it's nothing though, they probably just need to clarify something. Dan actually had one of his unemployment reports sent back to him because he didn't pay attention to the date and sent it too early. LOL But so far it seems ok other than that.

I might pick your brain later for some co-sponsor questions. You're going to be my AOS cheerer, cause I'm paranoid about them denying us because he's on unemployment now. Ya know, cause we're not supposed to 'use the system', and be a burden to taxpayers and all that. :rolleyes:

And thanks Sam... I hope so too. This isn't fun anymore. lol

Just a quick reassurance - unemployment insurance isn't considered a means tested benefit so they would not be able to deny him for being on UI. This is a benefits plan to which he and his employer contributed premiums to cover the circumstances of being unemployed and needing a bit of an income to cover him until he can work again. You're not being a burden on any taxpayers so you are not 'using the system'. He is legally entitled to these benefits since he paid for them. :yes:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Cool! Thanks Kathryn :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

I hate the grocery store at the nearby town. Its so outrageously priced. Unfortunately the next nearest grocery store is 1 hour round-trip away, and if I only need a few things its not worth the drive. This one is only 5 minutes.

The 1.5 quart of ice cream I just bought, nothing special or fancy just Blue Bunny, was $9.25.

The bananas, which are plentiful and cheap everyplace else in Hawaii were $2.45/lb. The cherry on the sundae is that most of the bananas at that price were 40% black on the outside.

I've decided that I'm stupid for shopping there. :lol:

Timeline
I hate the grocery store at the nearby town. Its so outrageously priced. Unfortunately the next nearest grocery store is 1 hour round-trip away, and if I only need a few things its not worth the drive. This one is only 5 minutes.

The 1.5 quart of ice cream I just bought, nothing special or fancy just Blue Bunny, was $9.25.

The bananas, which are plentiful and cheap everyplace else in Hawaii were $2.45/lb. The cherry on the sundae is that most of the bananas at that price were 40% black on the outside.

I've decided that I'm stupid for shopping there. :lol:

Ouch! :blink:

There is a place like that close to Matt's house in Colorado. It's called the Village Market but we call it the Village Markup :lol:

Everything is a lot more expensive and the produce sucks.

But we end up going there if it's just to buy a couple of items b/c otherwise the drive isn't worth going to the other supermarket.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Thank you guys for the advice on the leak. Hubby figured out that all the strong rain that we have been having have accumulated at one park of the roof that is not covered by the deck, and so water is coming in. So far, he's cleared the accumulated water and tried to cover the area with some towels and plastic. When the weather gets better, we'll add some kind of sealant or tar, as there's no point battling mother nature.

Major vent though:

My husband works as an audit accountant for a public accounting firm. He puts in 60 hours of work every week, and that does not include the additional work he does at home. Hes been so busy that I basically do everything in the house. When he's home, he is either too tired to do anything or still working. He hasn't even had the time to do OUR tax return.

Anyhow, the witch-in-law asked him tonight to do her tax return for her. "Ask" is a kind way of explaining what she did... as she essentially phrased what she wanted as a question and expected him to say yes. And she did it in front of the entire family, basically giving him no opportunity to say no. Then she proceeds on how complicated her taxes are because she's just rented her house (though she's only officially rented it last week, she wants to show as though shes put it in the rental market since last year) and she wants him to take care of that.

I wanted to slap her. First off, how can someone who did not even say congratulations or smile at OUR wedding expect MY husband to do her return? Second off, why cant HER fiance who also works in the Federal Reserves do HER return? No one in both our ENTIRE families have even asked my hubby if he can do their tax return, not even his parents.

I seriously wanted to shake her and say, b*tch, find your own accountant. My husband did not become an accountant to do you any favors. He and I dont even have time to eat dinner together... and now hes going to spend time to do her stupid taxes. And honestly, I dont know who Im pissed more -- the witch who backed my husband to a wall, or my husband who should have said no but said yes.

JEEZE.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

^I 'd be pretty steamed too (at both of them). She's got some nerve that's for sure! :blink:

Ouch! :blink:

There is a place like that close to Matt's house in Colorado. It's called the Village Market but we call it the Village Markup :lol:

Everything is a lot more expensive and the produce sucks.

But we end up going there if it's just to buy a couple of items b/c otherwise the drive isn't worth going to the other supermarket.

:lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's tough about being backed into the corner like that. Maybe you can offer your husband a way out - suggest that since he is so busy he can tell her he can do her taxes on April 16 :D :D because he won't have time before then. He can also tell her that he is so tired by the time he gets home that he doesn't feel confident he would get her the best tax refund and it would be in her best interest to go to someone else. Or, he can do the taxes and send her a bill for the time it took to do them - with a 15% discount for 'family' :D . Might stop her from asking again next year . . .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.