Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So when I moved here I moved into Wes's apartment with his roomy because we can't afford to be out on our own yet with me not able to work. I don't mind all that much because I hardly see his roommate, but one of the reasons I don't like it here became even more apparent today. I don't have enough space. The bed is squished right up against Wes's desk which means to tuck in the top corner on his side of the bed I have to crawl under his desk, and all his cords end up wrapped around me...ended up getting a speaker to the head. My dishes and stuff are all still in boxes cuz the kitchen is teeny, so I have been cooking out of my boxes. I can't wait to get a shelf for my stuff so I dont have to do that anymore, and I can't wait to start working so we can get a place of our own so the computers arent in our bedroom.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
I've always tried to stay away from sleep aids. The ones that i've looked into have a window to take them and you can't really take them to help you sleep a couple of hours. I have seen a doctor about sleep problems years ago, and he suggested prescription sleep pills, but I declined because I have an addictive personality :blush:

Seriously, a lot of times lack of magnesium can cause sleep issues, eg waking up and not being able to get back to sleep. Pick up a magnesium/calcium vitamin supplement, add in some extra vitamin D (they need vitamin D to be processed by the body) and see if that helps. 5HTP - a serotonin reuptake inhibitor - also helps. These are all ingredients your body generally absorbs/manufactures from food - and not all food is created equal. They are readily available at any good pharmacy.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hm. Maybe I should try that Magnesium thing... I wake up randomly in the middle of the night and sometimes it takes like 30 min to an hour to fall back asleep... But maybe I should learn to take my normal vitamins before I try this :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Timeline
So when I moved here I moved into Wes's apartment with his roomy because we can't afford to be out on our own yet with me not able to work. I don't mind all that much because I hardly see his roommate, but one of the reasons I don't like it here became even more apparent today. I don't have enough space. The bed is squished right up against Wes's desk which means to tuck in the top corner on his side of the bed I have to crawl under his desk, and all his cords end up wrapped around me...ended up getting a speaker to the head. My dishes and stuff are all still in boxes cuz the kitchen is teeny, so I have been cooking out of my boxes. I can't wait to get a shelf for my stuff so I dont have to do that anymore, and I can't wait to start working so we can get a place of our own so the computers arent in our bedroom.

Honestly? I am afraid I would be a ticking time bomb if I had to live in that situation for any longer than a few weeks. Hugs to you, Danu. (F)

Seriously, a lot of times lack of magnesium can cause sleep issues, eg waking up and not being able to get back to sleep. Pick up a magnesium/calcium vitamin supplement, add in some extra vitamin D (they need vitamin D to be processed by the body) and see if that helps. 5HTP - a serotonin reuptake inhibitor - also helps. These are all ingredients your body generally absorbs/manufactures from food - and not all food is created equal. They are readily available at any good pharmacy.

Wow. Who knew? Thank you Dr Kathryn. LOL

iagree.gif

Timeline

Oh so yesterday an old friend added me on FB and it turns out he was living in Texas so of course I asked him which visa he came on and this was his response:

"I drove down here and crossed at Sarnia/Port Huron, Michigan.. and told them I was going to Chicago to go sightseeing, I was going to Chicago but not for sightseeing haha.. she met me down in Chicago and we drove the rest of the way down here to Texas with a overnight stop in St Louis. A couple weeks later we got married in Vegas with her parents and sister and my parents at the wedding.. then I applied for the green card and actually I just renewed my green card and got the conditional status finally removed"

It never gets old. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Oh so yesterday an old friend added me on FB and it turns out he was living in Texas so of course I asked him which visa he came on and this was his response:

"I drove down here and crossed at Sarnia/Port Huron, Michigan.. and told them I was going to Chicago to go sightseeing, I was going to Chicago but not for sightseeing haha.. she met me down in Chicago and we drove the rest of the way down here to Texas with a overnight stop in St Louis. A couple weeks later we got married in Vegas with her parents and sister and my parents at the wedding.. then I applied for the green card and actually I just renewed my green card and got the conditional status finally removed"

It never gets old. :lol:

The worst part is that a LOT of people don't see anything wrong with that...

Sigh.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Haha I like the part about how he finally got it removed the best, like he had to go through any type of hardship whatsoever besides not being able to work :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is going to sound like such a stupid vent but I had the worst sleep ever last night. The humpbacks are migrating right now in front of the house, and all night they were flapping their tails and fins. It sounded like a fat-man doing belly flops off the high-dive echoing through the house. I have an interview today and am going to have big bags under my eyes.

This is going to sound like such a stupid vent but I had the worst sleep ever last night. The humpbacks are migrating right now in front of the house, and all night they were flapping their tails and fins. It sounded like a fat-man doing belly flops off the high-dive echoing through the house. I have an interview today and am going to have big bags under my eyes.

Oh the part of having a lack of sleep definitely sucks but what a cool story to tell people about why you couldn't. I couldn't sleep on Monday cause I had a dream where I lived with my wife across the street from zombies and kept waking up to make sure they didn't find out that "alive" people were living across there. I kept waking up and was more and more angry everytime telling myself that I don't even mind zombies that much hahaha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

ROFL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by ZansGirl

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

Timeline

Dear MrsCat...

I do NOT feel sorry for you. You live in Hawaii and you have humpbacks flipping outside your window at night. Sounds like paradise.

;)

xoxoxo

LGG

Good luck on the interview...

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Wow... sorry about the sleep but its so cool you can hear the humpbacks!!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Dear MrsCat...

I do NOT feel sorry for you. You live in Hawaii and you have humpbacks flipping outside your window at night. Sounds like paradise.

;)

xoxoxo

LGG

Good luck on the interview...

:lol: - love you too. Thanks for the wishes, I need to get off VJ and prep. . . . . that's not going to happen.

Timeline

:thumbs:

:lol: - love you too. Thanks for the wishes, I need to get off VJ and prep. . . . . that's not going to happen.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.