Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

:o

What? Let me be sure I understand, whose laundry does the Uncle want done??

Regardless it's way out of line.

It was our laundry in the dryer.

He partially owns the house, so maybe he thinks he can boss us around like this. I don't know :wacko:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I've always tried to stay away from sleep aids. The ones that i've looked into have a window to take them and you can't really take them to help you sleep a couple of hours. I have seen a doctor about sleep problems years ago, and he suggested prescription sleep pills, but I declined because I have an addictive personality :blush:

I think every person in this modern world has sleeping troubles from time to time, it's nearly impossible not to.

I'm in the same boat as you, I _really_ don't want to get hooked on something or make myself worse off by getting dependent on drugs for sleep - or even resistant to them.

I was doing some digging around, and found these guys: Valerian Root

It's a non-addictive herb that is a minor muscle relaxer. It's one of the "natural" ingredients that alot of sleeping pills include.

I was able to find a bottle of 50 at a wallmart for ~2 bucks. They work great for me. They don't make you sleepy, or cause you to over sleep... your muscles just untense a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_%28herb%29

A few google searches can help you out learning more about it... Just a suggestion cause I know where you're coming from.

:yes:

*edit*

Side note, the smell is PUNGENT - you can smell it through the geletan encasing. O_o

Edited by Varba

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. It sure is Monday in here today, isn't it? I am incredibly tired right now.

Can we all hope that Tuesday goes a lot better?

:)

Huggles, did I read that right? You guys got a house?? If so... A HUGE congrats to you.

:D

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow. It sure is Monday in here today, isn't it? I am incredibly tired right now.

Can we all hope that Tuesday goes a lot better?

:)

Huggles, did I read that right? You guys got a house?? If so... A HUGE congrats to you.

:D

LGG

Yep :D

We close on the 25th. Its all ours unless something goes terribly wrong, so I'm trying not to get too excited about it. Lots of things can happen!

Timeline

Wow, sorry about the car troubles here. Glad your car is found, Marilyn!

Here's a vent: Why do some of the yummiest food give you heartburn? I'm eating eggplant curry on basmati rice (after I just had two sushi rolls--geez, never ate so much food at one sitting...) and I just know I'm gonna suffer later.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Generally, I absolutely abhor censorship, especially on forums. But at the bottom of this page, under "Similar Topics", I see "Adam Walsh Was Beat (part 2)". Not only is this poor sentence structure, but it is unintentionally poor taste. I was going to go in that thread and rant "#######, can't you simply add 'THE' and 'Act' and make that a normal sentence that doesn't look creepy?" but I don't want to be accused of trolling the upper forums. :S

Timeline
Generally, I absolutely abhor censorship, especially on forums. But at the bottom of this page, under "Similar Topics", I see "Adam Walsh Was Beat (part 2)". Not only is this poor sentence structure, but it is unintentionally poor taste. I was going to go in that thread and rant "#######, can't you simply add 'THE' and 'Act' and make that a normal sentence that doesn't look creepy?" but I don't want to be accused of trolling the upper forums. :S

I saw you post in OT that it seemed wrong that they changed the name in the first thread and added 'act' to the title - just because a couple of people didn't like it?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I saw you post in OT that it seemed wrong that they changed the name in the first thread and added 'act' to the title - just because a couple of people didn't like it?

And that is what prevents me from going into the thread and saying anything. I don't like censorship, nor do I like the thread. But that, is my opinion, and why I am voicing it and not submitting a ticket to the moderation team :P

Timeline
And that is what prevents me from going into the thread and saying anything. I don't like censorship, nor do I like the thread. But that, is my opinion, and why I am voicing it and not submitting a ticket to the moderation team :P

Ahh, well that makes sense.

I don't personally see that as censorship, I don't even know how to open a ticket but hey, maybe krikity or kathryn will fix it.

It's Monday....& had to be up early to take my car in...

I hate potholes! Let's see how much $$$ in damages this will be... Let's hope maybe warranty might kick in?

Just as I was pulling up to the dealership the courtesy van departed... had to wait ONE hour for it to come back... It only had 2 people in it when it left!!

*sigh*

Grrrrrrr! :bonk:

Ok good & bad news! The problem that "required attention soon" from last oil

change parts are being covered under warranty.

Bad news...have to order parts from Canada....

They just called to say that thr car isn't ready& won't be until

tomorrow!!! The alignment "rack" has been busy all day... They couldn't see a problem visually and couldn't duplicate the screechig sound after I hit thr pothole coming from right wheels...

Huummmm here's a thought.... How about the city start filling the potholes! Maybe shops won't be so damn busy!!! Yes read a newspaper article about how most reimbursement claims are denied even tho they are crater sized!

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/29/w...n_n_441439.html

Sad, really sad what some people are capable of doing.

Oh god that's so sad... my aunt would probably have a heart attack if she saw this.

No wonder I'd donate to animal charities before I'd donate to ones... for humans. My husband calls me mean for it, but I love animals darn it. :P

I hope those people get more than the 3 years indicated at the end. 3 years isn't enough for that.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

I'd hate to double post, but I need to vent more about the visiting relatives.

Things were all good till around... 30 minutes ago or so.

So we ripped up the carpet and we're putting in laminate hardwood flooring. We have 2 boxes left. My husband's uncle, mom, other uncle and aunt are going to go shopping at some nike outlet store in a bit. Apparently coming to America is a big deal so everyone over there in the family wants gifts. Okay whatever, we don't have to come....

But we need the flooring. We buy it at Sam's Club and his mom is the one with the membership. So they're going to pick it up on the way to the nike store and bring it back after...

I have a feeling they wont get home till like 9pm or so.. that leave us to finish the flooring, move EVERYTHING back and try to get it done without us taking till like midnight or so. Ugh, seriously. We're just going to be sitting around doing nothing while we could be getting the floor done while they're gone.

The uncle also decided to do wood flooring on the landing of the stairs... but totally left the carpet on the stairs themselves. The carpet is gross, it needs replacing, but the way he did stuff now it's pretty impossible to replace the carpet. Ugh, it's so ugly.... so so ugly.

And he's so #######. You know those things that you put on carpet for computer chairs to roll easier? He's taking off the poiny things on the bottom of them so they can use them on the laminate flooring. I have never seen such an ####### person in my life... I doubt the chairs would scratch the flooring.

End rant for now again :P

I wouldn't be surprised if I needed to rant later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.