Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am kind of ticked because the alarm on the car stopped working about 2 months ago.. we should have gotten it fixed.. or I should have at least made my hubby use the club that is in the house somewhere...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You never know when stuff like that is going to happen though. It's probably best not to focus on the "we should have done this or that" and just focus on the now.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

when David found out the car was stolen he called his work and told them he was going to take 4 hours of his personal days today because his car was stolen, (we weren't sure how long it was going to take for the police to come etc) and one of his managers said well, 2 hours would be better... :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Marilyn, sending hugs your way.

Danielle

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

a cop just knocked on our door... they found our car on the freeway... they said it looked like the radio was stolen and the ignition was punched out... but other then that it was fine.. I am sure they probably got our TomTom that was in there though but at least the car is fine... PHEW!!!!

not sure if it is driveable or not though... they just towed it to a storage place...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
a cop just knocked on our door... they found our car on the freeway... they said it looked like the radio was stolen and the ignition was punched out... but other then that it was fine.. I am sure they probably got our TomTom that was in there though but at least the car is fine... PHEW!!!!

not sure if it is driveable or not though... they just towed it to a storage place...

First of all your husbands manager... JERK much?? Ugh! It's not always about the money... it's about your employees!

I'm glad they found your car though. Stupid moron thieves! :angry:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

so I am guessing that it probably just was some kids who took it for a joy ride...

i feel so relived now.. hopefully there isn't anything seriously wrong with the car..

funny thing is they found the car about 3 hours ago.... the officer asked me if I got any calls and I said no.... and i felt bad because he knocked on the door a lot.. I had headphones on and I thought I heard something so i took them off but I didn't hear anything so I put the headphones back on but then I heard pounding again but I ignored it because I don't like answering the door when it is dark out but it wouldn't stop so I finally answered it :blush:

yeah the managers at David's work mainly suck.. they treat them like robot slaves... :angry:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so I just called the place where it was towed and it is going to cost $225 for towing and one night of storage :o..

see now our insurance should cover this but when we insured our car we chose to have a smaller premium each month but that meant our deductible was going to be $1000... i highly doubt there is more then 1000 dollars worth of damage to the car... :unsure:

i guess we have to call the insurance company tomorrow and find out what we should do

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I was just checking it out and the car was towed roughly 4 or 5 miles... and they charged 175 dollars for that short of a distance :o

i was looking to see if our AAA would cover some of the towing costs and they do reimburse you for some things but towing charges for recovery of a stolen vehicle is not one of them :wacko:

i feel like we are being punished for having our car stolen :unsure:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok I think I am going to go stuff my face with a cupcake or two and have a cup of tea and watch some more Lost and try to relax...

I am very grateful that our car was found though.. I thought for sure it was a goner....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ok I think I am going to go stuff my face with a cupcake or two and have a cup of tea and watch some more Lost and try to relax...

I am very grateful that our car was found though.. I thought for sure it was a goner....

Enjoy a few episodes and cupcakes, you need something to take your mind off of things. (F)

Bleh, is it February 5th yet?

So my husband's aunt and uncle from Taiwan are visiting until the 5th.

We were at my sister in law's house and on the way back they wanted to visit the mall. It was 6:40pm at the time. I told Matt (my hubby lols) that the mall closes at 7pm. It's a 15 minute drive to the mall from there. Nope, they wouldn't listen. Got to the mall and parked, 3 minutes in, all the stores start closing. Gee, I told you so.

On the way back, they visit another store. Okay, that one's open for another 40 minutes. That's fine. They do that until about 7:45pm. NOW they want to go to Home Depot. We get into the parking lot at 7:55pm and they go in. I guess they got in and we waited another 13 or so minutes and they finally came out.

First thing I was told to do when I walked in? Matt told me that his uncle said to do the laundry.

Oh god, you just dragged me around and now you want me to do the laundry when there's no other laundry waiting for the dryer?

End rant.... for now. <_<

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.