Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Why are you not having a good day!? Have you got the 'moving to DC' blues?

The Cadbury I buy here is made in Canada, i'm sure, but it's darn good chocolate.

We're just going to have to compare ingredients lists. :lol: I have a UK bar of Dairy Milk here. The ingredients are milk, sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, vegetable fat emulsifiers (E442 E476), flavourings. Other information: The equivalent of three quarters of a pint of fresh liquid milk in every half pound of milk chocolate. Milk solds 20% minimum, Actual 23%; Cocoa solids 20% minimum.

Yeah. I guess you could say I have the moving blues. Feeling better now, though.

You're both sick. You need a Dr. Drew intervention. :lol::blink:

:lol:

I think you're pretty too, Cat. :luv:

Speaking of ATM's... I chew up my transaction paper and then I'll spit it out once I think its completely illegible.

I know gross right? Well I'm paranoid.

:o

puke3.gif

Look, Cat. You think I'M sick?? :lol: I just stick mine in my purse and then shred it when I get home.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We're just going to have to compare ingredients lists. :lol: I have a UK bar of Dairy Milk here. The ingredients are milk, sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, vegetable fat emulsifiers (E442 E476), flavourings. Other information: The equivalent of three quarters of a pint of fresh liquid milk in every half pound of milk chocolate. Milk solds 20% minimum, Actual 23%; Cocoa solids 20% minimum.

Ok so this is a dairy milk:

Milk Chocolate, sugar, milk ingredients, cocoa butter, unsweetened chocolate, soy lecithin, natural and artifical flavours.

Soooo

Milk Chocolate - Milk

Sugar - Sugar

Milk ingredients -

Cocoa Butter - Cocoa Butter

Unsweetened Chocolate - Cocoa Mass

Soy lecithin - Vegetable fat emulsifiers

Natural and artifical flavours - Flavoring

It tastes really good nom nom nom

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so we decided against fixing the car..

the mechanic told us of this program where we could possibly get up to 1500 dollars for our car... or the mechanic said he would buy it from us for 500 bucks...

and as for work they are possibly going to let me borrow their car for the next week or two..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Ok so this is a dairy milk:

[snip]

It tastes really good nom nom nom

I had to eat mine, too, after that! :lol:

So, basically, it sounds like the same ingredients. Does it have a milk or cocoa solid content minimum?

so we decided against fixing the car..

the mechanic told us of this program where we could possibly get up to 1500 dollars for our car... or the mechanic said he would buy it from us for 500 bucks...

and as for work they are possibly going to let me borrow their car for the next week or two..

Ugh, Marilyn. I hate that you are going through this. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

yeah I hate it too... I just want to get out of all our debt and this mess and start fresh in a new place and a better neighborhood but everything seems to be working against us :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

UGH!!!!!! So I got the job I applied for and started work on Thursday. On Friday our Jeep (aka the deathbox) dies. Now I have no reliable transportation to/from work except for transit. It doesn't operate on Sundays, and stops running at 6:20 PM M-Sat. So work closes at 6 and I have to hope that I get on the bus for 6:15 otherwise I'm SOL. GOD I HATE THAT JEEP. My husband refuses to ditch it just keeps trying to fix a lost cause. I think I'm going to have to use my income to save up and buy my own POS.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so i've had this recurring nosie problem with my neighbours. 3 young kids livign upstaairs. jumping yelling screaming chasing some poor girl in the apartment, wrestling, at all hours of the day / night. i've made complaints to my landlord many times. these kids moved in jan 1. when i came back from my medical, all the stuff on my bathroom shelf was in my toilet from the noise upstairs. according to the other neighbour they had a party.

anyay i called the landlord to complain again, as they bought a guitar and an amplifier and were blasting it at 10pm last night, well the landlord told me to start calling the cops. taht he wont do anyting and doesn't even have the phone number to upstairs....so today the kids decide to take the amplifier, turn it to face the fllor and crank it up full blast. i managed to record the noise on my computer. david could clearly here it on the phone.

so ya..i called the cops. i'm sorry but when you have been warned numerous times by myeself and others taht your too loud and you really shouldn't wake me up at 4am, you should get the hint to shut up. anyway the cops never came..or at least never knocked on my door. and my neighbour knows i called them, miraculously they all left..i think my neighbour told them that the cops were on the way and the entire triplex left...

sigh. so now i'm sitting here scaread and wondering about repercussions etc..and feeling like i did something wrong and feeling very vulnerable cuz i'm living by myslef for the first time in 10years..:( been on skype with david most of the day but i feel nautious and just wanna be with him and gone already :(

amd i overreacting? and why am i feeling vulnerable and scared? argh! :( 36 years old..what the hell :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
I had to eat mine, too, after that! :lol:

So, basically, it sounds like the same ingredients. Does it have a milk or cocoa solid content minimum?

No, doesn't say and I went to their website, no ingredient stuff there!

Sorry to hear that about your car Marilyn.

Kimbear, I can see why you are scared, it kind of makes sense, you annoyed people who obviously don't give a damn about other people. On the upside, they aren't out robbing banks, there are putting the amp on the floor face down.

I wonder if maybe the police did come but didn't come and knock on your door, because of course that would be a give away!

You did nothing wrong. It's hard to make that decision to call the police on your neighbours, I think I have done it once, maybe twice - but there is some limit to the amount of annoyance you can take.

Timeline
so i've had this recurring nosie problem with my neighbours. 3 young kids livign upstaairs. jumping yelling screaming chasing some poor girl in the apartment, wrestling, at all hours of the day / night. i've made complaints to my landlord many times. these kids moved in jan 1. when i came back from my medical, all the stuff on my bathroom shelf was in my toilet from the noise upstairs. according to the other neighbour they had a party.

anyay i called the landlord to complain again, as they bought a guitar and an amplifier and were blasting it at 10pm last night, well the landlord told me to start calling the cops. taht he wont do anyting and doesn't even have the phone number to upstairs....so today the kids decide to take the amplifier, turn it to face the fllor and crank it up full blast. i managed to record the noise on my computer. david could clearly here it on the phone.

so ya..i called the cops. i'm sorry but when you have been warned numerous times by myeself and others taht your too loud and you really shouldn't wake me up at 4am, you should get the hint to shut up. anyway the cops never came..or at least never knocked on my door. and my neighbour knows i called them, miraculously they all left..i think my neighbour told them that the cops were on the way and the entire triplex left...

sigh. so now i'm sitting here scaread and wondering about repercussions etc..and feeling like i did something wrong and feeling very vulnerable cuz i'm living by myslef for the first time in 10years..:( been on skype with david most of the day but i feel nautious and just wanna be with him and gone already :(

amd i overreacting? and why am i feeling vulnerable and scared? argh! :( 36 years old..what the hell :(

That sucks!! Look up ur rental rights for that State and see what they say. Do a google search and spend some time researching git to COVER UR BUTT!! Then move! Ur goal is to get ur safety security deposit back and find a new quiet place! Your landlord is gutless, so he isnt going to help!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

UGH!!!!!! So I got the job I applied for and started work on Thursday. On Friday our Jeep (aka the deathbox) dies. Now I have no reliable transportation to/from work except for transit. It doesn't operate on Sundays, and stops running at 6:20 PM M-Sat. So work closes at 6 and I have to hope that I get on the bus for 6:15 otherwise I'm SOL. GOD I HATE THAT JEEP. My husband refuses to ditch it just keeps trying to fix a lost cause. I think I'm going to have to use my income to save up and buy my own POS.

Congrats on the job beans! Sorry about the jeep :( cars are never ending $$$ pits!

Transit in my area is not the greatest... It's a heck of a walk just to the nearest bus stop... I don't know what I would do if my car died.

kimbear- no you are not overreacting at all. I've been in the same situation with living alone and neighbors partying... I did have to call cops & apartment mangers a few times... It's unnerving for sure. I lived beside one of my classmates and he was havig constant parties... He got kicked out.... Sooooo awkward especially when your classes are small!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Interesting. All the bars I get are from the UK, so I never thought of the others. lol

Mine did too! In England, though. Whenever I went to my grandmother's house she had a huge drawer full. :lol: There's a giant factory store near my sister where you can buy all their products in bulk. You can also buy the products which weren't formed perfectly. Great deals if you're not all about how pretty they look! :lol:

Not having a good day. :(

Bless grandmothers! :D Mine used to come over from the UK with a suitcase of clothes for herself and one full of chocolate for us! :lol:

Oh, and Krikit - the birdnerd in me LURVES your new sig pic! :P Super-cute!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

sigh. so now i'm sitting here scaread and wondering about repercussions etc..and feeling like i did something wrong and feeling very vulnerable cuz i'm living by myslef for the first time in 10years.. :( been on skype with david most of the day but i feel nautious and just wanna be with him and gone already :(

I'm sorry you are having this problem. When I still lived in Ontario my next door neighbours regularly had loud parties that often overflowed into drunken brawls and shouting matches in the middle of the street at 3, 4 and 5 am. I can't count how many times I called the police on them. The police never came to my house but they did go to the house next door. (i always kept my lights off and would watch through the windows - couldn't sleep with all that noise so why not!). It was pretty annoying, that's for sure. The only time the police didn't show was when we had that big mass power outage across the whole eastern seaboard caused by some US power company not maintaining its infrastructure. Everywhere was in darkness - no noise, no lights, nothing - except right next door where they got a generator and played super loud heavy rock music at full volume all night long! It was summer and too hot to close the windows as I needed all the breeze I could get. The police said that they couldn't respond because they had too many real emergencies due to the power outage and were short staffed. GRRRRRRRR!

Keep phoning the police as needed. If you are having problems with them I am sure others in the apartment complex are as well. They will have no way of knowing who actually called. In fact, you may want to solicit some of your other neighbours so that you all call when they get noisy. You should arrange for them all to call the landlord at the same time. Complaints from all of his tenants may get more action.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

@ kimbear (F) you really shouldn't feel like you did something wrong, but its understandable when you have to worry about dealing with self-centered irrational morons.

@ beans :( sorry about the Jeep, just when you think things are coming together you just get blindsided by another speed bump.

@ marilyn :crying: damn car!

Timeline

we are lucky that we will have enough money in the next few weeks to get me a half decent car but this was not an expense I was expecting or wanting right now...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

@ kimbear (F) you really shouldn't feel like you did something wrong, but its understandable when you have to worry about dealing with self-centered irrational morons.

@ beans :( sorry about the Jeep, just when you think things are coming together you just get blindsided by another speed bump.

@ marilyn :crying: damn car!

Ditto to the above so I don't have to write my own! :lol:

MrsCat, speaking of things going wrong..... what was the outcome on the loss of your boat? Is the insurance going to cover it? I wonder where it is right now? lol

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.