Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

The house is currently being invaded by my fiance's sister and her hubby. His aunt and uncle from Taiwan are coming tonight.

I had wonton soup for 2 days in a row. The wontons dont taste like much, the broth is the water it was boiled in. I think she's cooking it again...

6 of us have to carpool to Vegas tomorrow... his aunt gets car-sick easily.

Seriously, I usually vomit when I hear someone vomiting. Do not want.

Someone give me sleeping pills please :dead:

Oh a good note, I think my hives are going away :D

Wait, your complaining that your fiance's family is going to your wedding? Explain to me why you didn't elope again?

Oh and you can send that wonton soup my way, I LOVE homemade wonton soup.

Also, down some gravol before you leave, and you'll be out for the entire trip. Tell his aunt to take some too, or have her sit in the front seat.

I'm glad your hives are going away tho, would make for funny wedding pictures :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Charles hid the posts to keep the spirit of the thread.

I thought charles only moderated the PI and russian regional forums? Didn't know that moderators were now choosing to delete posts that weren't on-topic. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I didn't see it, either. I haven't responded in the post because while I don't think it is the fault of the people who work there, I cannot thank the consulate, especially when you see other countries who pump out visas like they're candy and can get them done quickly.

Yeah I have decided not to comment at all. But, I will say, it kind of sounds censorship-ish to me and that can't be good.

Timeline
Yeah I have decided not to comment at all. But, I will say, it kind of sounds censorship-ish to me and that can't be good.

Agree 100% (except for the no-comment part :lol:)

Seeing this new trend that Charles has shown, I'm going to start reporting each and every post that is not in the proper "spirit" of the thread. :rofl:

Timeline
Agree 100% (except for the no-comment part :lol:)

Seeing this new trend that Charles has shown, I'm going to start reporting each and every post that is not in the proper "spirit" of the thread. :rofl:

Comment on the original thread!

Timeline

Here is the thing though, while some of us may not agree with Wyatt and others that posted in that thread, I don't see a lot to be gained from purposefully derailing the thread either. While I support anyones right to say whatever they want, here or there, purposefully derailing the thread, even though it claims to speak for all here, which may rankle - is just mean spirited.

Timeline
Here is the thing though, while some of us may not agree with Wyatt and others that posted in that thread, I don't see a lot to be gained from purposefully derailing the thread either. While I support anyones right to say whatever they want, here or there, purposefully derailing the thread, even though it claims to speak for all here, which may rankle - is just mean spirited.

I know I get accused of trolling a lot in OT, that was not my intention. I was just responding to a comment that someone made that I don't agree with.

Charles did PM me to explain why he was doing so, wasn't a big deal y'all :) I can agree to disagree and just leave it at that.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

grr, I just had a great start to my day...

I was driving to work when I noticed the car didn't want to accelerate anymore so I pulled to the side, I figured it was something to do with the transmission and when I got out I noticed a lot of fluid coming from the car... ... then I realized that I had forgotten my cell phone at home... so started to walk and I had only walked a little way when this nice lady stopped and offered to give me a ride to the nearest pay phone... but as I was getting in she noticed that a tow truck had pulled up behind my car so I went back to my car.. it was just a city towing guy (they just tow people off the road) and he offered to call AAA for me.... the tow truck came and towed me to the mechanic and the mechanic drove me home...

then I had to call my boss almost 2 hours after I was supposed to be at work... they had been worried about me..

so anyways now I have to wait and see what is wrong with the car.. hopefully it is only a small problem ... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Baaah hope it's a quick fix for ya, sorry to hear!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

That's too bad Marilyn, hope it is something small and inexpensive to fix!

On an unrelated topic - I don't understand bagless vacuums. I mean I don't get the appeal. I now have one and I am going to get rid of it. The only benefit I see is that the dirt is - surprisingly - no longer captured in a bag. So when it comes time to clean it - it's awful and messy.

So now I am shopping for another vacuum.

Timeline

yes I am hoping too but as the minutes ticks by I am getting worried that it is something major.... :unsure:

it just stinks because this year I was determined to pay off our debt by May.. if there is something majorly wrong with the car that goal will have to be postponed by a few months :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

On an unrelated topic - I don't understand bagless vacuums. I mean I don't get the appeal. I now have one and I am going to get rid of it. The only benefit I see is that the dirt is - surprisingly - no longer captured in a bag. So when it comes time to clean it - it's awful and messy.

cost of the bags can add up. i like them as i can take them out back and empty it. i can see how that might be a problem for people with neighbors real close by.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I have a Dyson Animal, and I LOVE IT. Does a super job! Ya emptying the canister can be a bit messy at times, but it cleans so well and no spending $$ on bags is worth it

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
grr, I just had a great start to my day...

I was driving to work when I noticed the car didn't want to accelerate anymore so I pulled to the side, I figured it was something to do with the transmission and when I got out I noticed a lot of fluid coming from the car... ... then I realized that I had forgotten my cell phone at home... so started to walk and I had only walked a little way when this nice lady stopped and offered to give me a ride to the nearest pay phone... but as I was getting in she noticed that a tow truck had pulled up behind my car so I went back to my car.. it was just a city towing guy (they just tow people off the road) and he offered to call AAA for me.... the tow truck came and towed me to the mechanic and the mechanic drove me home...

then I had to call my boss almost 2 hours after I was supposed to be at work... they had been worried about me..

so anyways now I have to wait and see what is wrong with the car.. hopefully it is only a small problem ... :unsure:

Marilyn,

So sorry to hear. Did you notice what color the fluid was? That is usually a pretty good indicator of what is wrong. Pink (transmission fluid) and/or Green (antifreeze) its most likely the radiator as both fluids go through there. If it was clear, it might just be the water pump. Yep, I had that happen to me before... right before vacation.... GRRRR

Anyway, I hope its nothing seriously major and that you can reach your goal of getting the bills paid off.

Danielle

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.