Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Very sorry to hear that, at least everything for the wedding is already paid for. Best of luck to him in finding something quickly!!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about ur husband loosing his job.

One could put a whole sticky to YES U CAN VISIT, but people still wouldn't read it, or they would post something along the lines i don't have time to read the 15 pages so can u just tell me, as my time is much more important than yours,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Im sorry to hear about your husband Rhian. That really sucks. I hope things work out quickly for you guys.

Alright, I need to vent because today, it's been 4 months since we got our NOA1, and Im watching people from november get approved while we've been told our case simply hadnt been assigned to an adjudicator yet.

I know we havent been waiting that long, and that patience is a virtue and all that krap, but when I think of the wait Im also facing in Montreal, it just feels like this is never going to happen.

bleh... I feel like calling it a week, chuking a good mug of neocitron spiked with rum and sleeping off the weekend!

... and I dont even have a cold.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Ha! Your NeoCitron thing made me laugh!

I know... the waiting sucks so, so, so, so hard. IT really does. But it'll be worth it in the end and what I've found, is that while it sucks, when things start rolling along, you forget aaaaalll about how long you waited. Promise....

Go hang out, relax do some fun kizza things and well, gear up to wait and accept it. Before you know it, you'll be racing around going, "OMFG, I can't believe i'm doing it and it's here and holy cow!"

:)

Chin up...

Im sorry to hear about your husband Rhian. That really sucks. I hope things work out quickly for you guys.

Alright, I need to vent because today, it's been 4 months since we got our NOA1, and Im watching people from november get approved while we've been told our case simply hadnt been assigned to an adjudicator yet.

I know we havent been waiting that long, and that patience is a virtue and all that krap, but when I think of the wait Im also facing in Montreal, it just feels like this is never going to happen.

bleh... I feel like calling it a week, chuking a good mug of neocitron spiked with rum and sleeping off the weekend!

... and I dont even have a cold.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Sorry to hear about the job loss Rhian :( what horrible timing, but at least it won't affect the wedding you have planned. The job market is tough right now for sure.

I've only had 2 interview so far... Getting a bit nervous, one I finally got a denial letter for, the second I am still waiting... They should know by end of next week! I don't like this SUSPENSE I am very thankful for EI, but I'd rather be working!!!

I am in the unfortunate group of people that their industry in Canada pays alot more than here in the USA. Almost 40-50% less! I am still coming to grips with that and trying not to get in the way. It's so FRUSTRATING!!! I also feel like the 2 years of experience I have post bachelors degree mean nothing here in the US in my state with current jobs I am looking at and interviewing for. One of this years was working in the US but in a different state than I currently reside.

I knew I'd have to start all over again but didn't realize it would be this difficult!

*pulls my hair out*

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ha! Your NeoCitron thing made me laugh!

I know... the waiting sucks so, so, so, so hard. IT really does. But it'll be worth it in the end and what I've found, is that while it sucks, when things start rolling along, you forget aaaaalll about how long you waited. Promise....

Go hang out, relax do some fun kizza things and well, gear up to wait and accept it. Before you know it, you'll be racing around going, "OMFG, I can't believe i'm doing it and it's here and holy cow!"

Chin up...

Thanks!

And I know you waited for ever...

Ive been doing my best to stay positive and fill my time with fun stuff, but it's the end of another week, with still no word.

I think fun stuff right now is going to involve chocolate pastries

hehehe... that will cheer me up for while.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Timeline
we should all just start telling them NO! you can't visit!

:lol:

I SO wish we could do that. lol

lol, i don't understand how you can resist the temptation to just say "OMFG n00b read the guides"

:lol: Trust me, sometimes I'd just like to waltz in and yell at them for not doing a search first. It's only the questions that get asked a milliion times a day that make me want to tear my hair out. I've seen them stack the same question one on top of the other! OMG. Read the freaking page of thread topics before posting the same freaking question right above it!!!!!

Most times I don't even bother entering the thread. It's only the ones with the trick subject titles that pull me in. LOL

LOLZ!!!!!

Well,l haven't we ALL asked that question at one point or another?

Sorry lady, there are perks with your job as there are pitfalls.

Uhhhhhh...... for example? :unsure:

I say just pin a thread and use that head banging emoticon next to it - "Stuff you know you shouldn't ask" - then plug all the info in there!!

That's the key! Post a thread saying "DON'T ASK THIS QUESTION"! That'll be sure to get some attention. :lol:

We just got such bad news :(

My fiance was terminated from his job, and in such bad timing.

I hope there's jobs out there for him, the job market is so bad right now...

Oh, Rhiann. I'm so sorry. (F)

One could put a whole sticky to YES U CAN VISIT, but people still wouldn't read it, or they would post something along the lines i don't have time to read the 15 pages so can u just tell me, as my time is much more important than yours,lol

Ain't that the truth? <_<

I am in the unfortunate group of people that their industry in Canada pays alot more than here in the USA. Almost 40-50% less!

I hear you, Minnew. I was shocked when I saw the salaries here.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Rhiann, just wanted to say sorry about your Husband's job! I wanted to post something yesterday but got sidetracked with all the interviews rolling in. I'm sure he will find something else soon :)

Thanks, everyone.

He was going on and on and on about it last night when we were in our room, poor guy.

I think he's doing better today. He's technically on vacation right now (he was supposed to be anyway) so I think he's just trying to relax a bit while looking around for jobs. He's going to be looking more after the wedding.

The one thing he's really having a hard time with is what to tell my parents if they ask. He feels like he's going to let them down.

His job loss isnt going to affect our AOS support form is it?

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

My husband was robbed last night. They broke into his truck last night WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING IN IT. When he woke up, he found his truck doors open. They could have easily killed him!!!

They stole his vest. His passport was in it.

What is he going to do if the DMV refuses to take his extension letter so he can renew his CDL?! He's already made a police report with the cop that came out to the truck stop and called some "Canadian Emergency Line" for citizens out of the country. Does he have to do anything else, other than apply for a replacement passport? How do we do that?

How is he going to get in to do his biometrics?! He needs he passport to be let in, doesn't he??? I have a copy of his passport biography page; will that help?

I can't believe this. Thank gods nothing else was stolen (he had an Xbox, TV, his wallet, and other stuff in there), but still... he still needs his passport for immigration stuff!!!

I can't stop crying. :crying: :crying: :crying:

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

That's terrible!

His passport of all things :(

I'm glad he's not hurt though.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

stolen passport:

govt web page: http://www.ppt.gc.ca/planification/203.aspx?lang=eng

Sorry to hear the news Necrotica

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Thanks, everyone.

He was going on and on and on about it last night when we were in our room, poor guy.

I think he's doing better today. He's technically on vacation right now (he was supposed to be anyway) so I think he's just trying to relax a bit while looking around for jobs. He's going to be looking more after the wedding.

The one thing he's really having a hard time with is what to tell my parents if they ask. He feels like he's going to let them down.

His job loss isnt going to affect our AOS support form is it?

It's always a tough time to go through after one loses their job. Make sure your fiance takes care of his health!

Sorry to hear about the job loss Rhian :( what horrible timing, but at least it won't affect the wedding you have planned. The job market is tough right now for sure.

I've only had 2 interview so far... Getting a bit nervous, one I finally got a denial letter for, the second I am still waiting... They should know by end of next week! I don't like this SUSPENSE I am very thankful for EI, but I'd rather be working!!!

I am in the unfortunate group of people that their industry in Canada pays alot more than here in the USA. Almost 40-50% less! I am still coming to grips with that and trying not to get in the way. It's so FRUSTRATING!!! I also feel like the 2 years of experience I have post bachelors degree mean nothing here in the US in my state with current jobs I am looking at and interviewing for. One of this years was working in the US but in a different state than I currently reside.

I knew I'd have to start all over again but didn't realize it would be this difficult!

*pulls my hair out*

They still give out FU letters (denial letters)? I would be so happy if I got one--instead, most just ignore you like you don't exist.

My husband was robbed last night. They broke into his truck last night WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING IN IT. When he woke up, he found his truck doors open. They could have easily killed him!!!

They stole his vest. His passport was in it.

What is he going to do if the DMV refuses to take his extension letter so he can renew his CDL?! He's already made a police report with the cop that came out to the truck stop and called some "Canadian Emergency Line" for citizens out of the country. Does he have to do anything else, other than apply for a replacement passport? How do we do that?

How is he going to get in to do his biometrics?! He needs he passport to be let in, doesn't he??? I have a copy of his passport biography page; will that help?

I can't believe this. Thank gods nothing else was stolen (he had an Xbox, TV, his wallet, and other stuff in there), but still... he still needs his passport for immigration stuff!!!

I can't stop crying. :crying: :crying: :crying:

That's terrible!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.