November 2009 K1 CSC Filers

571 posts in this topic

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, girls ! :blush: I can hardly believe it' s happening. We' ve been waiting for months for this Friday to come. I didn' t sleep properly for days. It must be the whole situation + the volcano in Iceland worries me.

Ančica, any updates ? Did you and David re - booked ? As long as I know Zagreb it' s open again. Good luck.

Thamara, how have you been lately ? What are you up to ? Any word from Montreal ? Good luck.

I so so so wanna marry my man !!! (L)

Uopsss...I thought 23rd is tomorrow!!! :innocent::blush:

David rebooked our tickets and he will come (with God's help!) next Thursday, went through the Croatian customs, meet me (the most important thing in the world :whistle:), take a coffee with our friends and relatives, say good bye for all of them...and...take us, his family (me and the :luv:), back home.

I just hope that this more then 30 hours roundtrip will not be so difficult for my honey. (F)(L)

Edited by AandD

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Uopsss...I thought 23rd is tomorrow!!! :innocent::blush:

David rebooked our tickets and he will come (with God's help!) next Thursday, went through the Croatian customs, meet me (the most important thing in the world :whistle:), take a coffee with our friends and relatives, say good bye for all of them...and...take us, his family (me and the :luv:), back home.

I just hope that this more then 30 hours roundtrip will not be so difficult for my honey. (F)(L)

Actually, you weren' t wrong and my interview is tomorrow. It' s past midnight here already. ( 22 April ) :P

I see what you two did. Hopefully, it won' t be hard for him. Once you two are together again nothing it' s gonna be difficult anymore. I' m so glad all worked out in the end. (F)

If my visa it' s gonna be approved and if the volcano it' s gonna calm down I' ll get a plane ticket somewhere early next week. :P

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Actually, you weren' t wrong and my interview is tomorrow. It' s past midnight here already. ( 22 April ) :P

I see what you two did. Hopefully, it won' t be hard for him. Once you two are together again nothing it' s gonna be difficult anymore. I' m so glad all worked out in the end. (F)

If my visa it' s gonna be approved and if the volcano it' s gonna calm down I' ll get a plane ticket somewhere early next week. :P

I hope that all of us waiting to be with our loves one will reunite soon. As for me, Im hardly waiting to finally start with my life in the US. Both of us, David and me, had a difficult time the past week and this week but at the end we know that we will be together no matter what. (L)

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Everyone -

Just wanted to update this thread - I finally received my NOA2 - of course on the very last day of the 5 month "don't call us" period of time. I did not get an email notice that it was approved yesterday. I was actually looking up my case number so I could call them today and ask for status when, to my chagrin (while I was literally dialing options into the customer service line), I noticed that it said approved (I did get an approval text on my cell a couple hours later). Needless to say I was full of joy at the end of what has been a difficult waiting period.

The only problem now is that I told Mimi to wait at least until we got our NOA2 before she went to get her medical and police reports in Bangkok and of course now all hell has broken loose right by the hospital and police station. I can only hope the Red Shirts go home peacefully or the police crack down without hurting anyone and make them go home so it is safe for people in Bangkok again. In what was the first real violence today bombs went off on the Sky Train or near the Sky train killing some Yellow Shirt protesters who were telling the Red Shirts to go home.

Regardless, I hope that everyone else from November has received their NOA2 now or will within the week. Chok Dee (good luck)!

Mike

NOA1 Received at CSC 11-23-09

NOA2 04-21-10

NVC Received 04-28-10 placed under "Administrative Review"

Bangkok Embassy Received Case File 05-24-10

Bangkok Embassy Received Packet3 06-30-10

Received Packet4 Email 08-19-10

Interview Date 09-07-10

Visa Approved!

Arrived in America November 5th, 2010

Married Nov 30th, 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

congrats :) I sent you an email...im dying to know what it was like!

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

congrats :) I sent you an email...im dying to know what it was like!

Špela, thank you ! :) The interview was super smooth. They only asked a few basic questions ( they had our files from previous visas issued ). They only asked for the forms DS 230, DS 156, DS 156 K. No evidences, no documentation proving the I - 134. They gave me a giant envelope containing my medical results ( DO NOT OPEN ). I' ll pick up my visa together with another giant envelope containing our petition and all the other papers on Thursday April 29. I was done in 30 minutes ! :luv:

(L) (L) (L) K1 VISA APPROVED !!! (L) (L) (L)

Congrats!!! :dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs:

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Ančica, thank you ! :)

5 more days for you !

Actually 4 more days and we are going home...hardly waiting to see my honey again, it's almost 4 months since we were together. (L)

But now, Im going home for good...good bye loneliness... (F)

Edited by AandD

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Actually 4 more days and we are going home...hardly waiting to see my honey again, it's almost 4 months since we were together. (L)

But now, Im going home for good...good bye loneliness... (F)

BTW, how are you two flying ? From Zagreb via where ? I usually fly via Dublin in Ireland but this time I' m wondering how safe it is. I have another 2 options : Iberia and Ali Italia. :blink:

BTW, how are you two flying ? From Zagreb via where ? I usually fly via Dublin in Ireland but this time I' m wondering how safe it is. I have another 2 options : Iberia and Ali Italia. :blink:

We are flying with Lufthansa to Frankfurt then with United (because they don't make a problem if the pet is overweight and my Mimi is around 9 kg :innocent: ) to Washington and also with United to Hartford.

Lufthansa is the best (in my opinion), but United allow overweight pets to be in the cabin, so we choose them.

I don't know where are you going. I think that Washington is a very good POE because a lot of immigrants coming in the US through Dulles and they know how do deal with K1. :thumbs:

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

We are flying with Lufthansa to Frankfurt then with United (because they don't make a problem if the pet is overweight and my Mimi is around 9 kg :innocent: ) to Washington and also with United to Hartford.

Lufthansa is the best (in my opinion), but United allow overweight pets to be in the cabin, so we choose them.

I don't know where are you going. I think that Washington is a very good POE because a lot of immigrants coming in the US through Dulles and they know how do deal with K1. :thumbs:

:rofl: Mimi likes to eat !

I guess I have 2 options left. One is Iberia flying out of Venice via Madrid to Chicago. The other option is Lufthansa flying out of Venice via Frankfurt to Chicago. I' ll compare both prices again this week and make a decision. It looks like I could be in US on May 5. :luv:

Do you know how many KG of luggage Lufthansa allows ( or United in your case ) ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Are you getting your plane ticket via sites like travelocity, expedia...?

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.