boisestate

November 2009 K1 CSC Filers

571 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Fellow November travelers:

The journey for us has come to a close. The embassy in Port of Spain was so kind as to issue her visa today, and she catches the first flight out of town tomorrow morning, arriving in Sacramento tomorrow night. It has felt like this would last forever, even though our process was pretty quick by US Govt standards -- a total of 4.5 months from mailing the petition to boarding the plane. Even with two visits during the wait, it felt interminable right up to the end.

To those who are still waiting, my heart goes out to you. The US Govt works on a timetable that defies explanation, but some day your number will flash on the screen and your turn will come around. Maybe we'll all have free health care by then, eh!

Best wishes --

boisestate

Grats to you and your fiancee.

Take the construction at the Sac Airport in a poetic way... it will be the last "bump in the road" for you :P

Joke aside, get there early. They closed the direct access to one of the terminals this week so it's a mess.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Quick Update:

Ivan's interview is scheduled for April 8 at 10:30am in Zagreb!!! :dance::dance:

YAYYYYYY!!! We're almost done!!! :star:

11/20/09 - Mailed I-129F packet

11/23/09 - Check cashed! Date of NOA1

11/27/09 - Received hard copy of NOA1

12/01/09 - Touch!

02/19/10 - Touch!!!!

02/19/10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/24/10 - NVC Received

02/25/10 - Hard Copy NOA2!!! :D

02/25/10 - NVC mailed packet to Zagreb!!!

03/03/10 - Consulate in Zagreb received packet!!!

03/05/10 - Packet 3 received

03/08/10 - Ivan's Med Exam in Zagreb

03/24/10 - Mailed Packet 3

04/08/10 - INTERVIEW IN ZAGREB - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

04/09/10 - Received police certificate from Ireland; mailed to Zagreb

04/XX/10 - Visa Issued

05/03/10 - Welcome home, Ivan!!! POE (Houston)

06/26/10 - Wedding!!!!!

Quick Update:

Ivan's interview is scheduled for April 8 at 10:30am in Zagreb!!! :dance::dance:

Congratulations, Lindsey & Ivan ! :)

So, he finally received the police certificate from Ireland ?

Thamara, how are things with you ?

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Congratulations, Lindsey & Ivan ! :)

So, he finally received the police certificate from Ireland ?

Thamara, how are things with you ?

Aaaawwww :blush: Things are going great, relationship wise. Dan is coming to visit next week. We are going to a Giants game :dance:

He got P3 and is in the process of getting is medical, police and long birth certificate. According to the embassy the interview should be scheduled for 3 to 4 months after they get P3 back. That should give us enough time to get a clearer idea of what we are going to do. The company I work for is in really bad shape, running out of money with no credit line in place. Dan works for a big company with branches in Canada and the US plus he just got promoted. Is not fair or smart to make him leave a promising job and come to the uncertainty of mine. Soooo if my company recovers by the time the visa is approved then we'll use it. Otherwise I'll be the one moving North with the moose and the hockey fans. We'll see, meanwhile Im just enjoying the ride.

How about you? Started planning the wedding already? After everything is said and done, if Dan ends up moving here I don't know how I'm going to react when it finally hits me: "Holy #######, im actually getting married" :o

Aaaawwww :blush: Things are going great, relationship wise. Dan is coming to visit next week. We are going to a Giants game :dance:

He got P3 and is in the process of getting is medical, police and long birth certificate. According to the embassy the interview should be scheduled for 3 to 4 months after they get P3 back. That should give us enough time to get a clearer idea of what we are going to do. The company I work for is in really bad shape, running out of money with no credit line in place. Dan works for a big company with branches in Canada and the US plus he just got promoted. Is not fair or smart to make him leave a promising job and come to the uncertainty of mine. Soooo if my company recovers by the time the visa is approved then we'll use it. Otherwise I'll be the one moving North with the moose and the hockey fans. We'll see, meanwhile Im just enjoying the ride.

How about you? Started planning the wedding already? After everything is said and done, if Dan ends up moving here I don't know how I'm going to react when it finally hits me: "Holy #######, im actually getting married" :o

I can clearly see things are great with you two. After every rain there comes the sun. You are so lucky, Dan is coming to visit in only a week ? How long is he gonna stay ? I' m sure you are gonna have lots of fun attending the Giants game. :)

:wow: Montreal isn' t a joke ! 3 to 4 months ? No wonder you two have to visit so often. But as you said previously you kind of " need " this time anyway so at the end it' s not that bad.

We are doing very well. I terribly miss my man. (L) On Monday, I received my Packet 3. I' m currently waiting for my medical on Wednesday ( the 2 nd part ) . Once I' m done with it the embassy it' s gonna schedule my interview. Ljubljana works pretty fast so I should be done in almost no time. I kind of like " the moving " after the Uscis part because that wait was a real torture. I believe I' ll get the plane ticket the same day I' ll ( hopefully ) be approved ! :rofl:

Quick Update:

Great!!!! :dance::thumbs:

Just today I was thinking of you...it's a great news! :yes:

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Timeline

Ok, bad news...although the Embassy scheduled the interview, they will NOT issue Ivan's visa and let him leave until they have the police certificate from Ireland. So, here we are, waiting 4 weeks now and nothing from Ireland. :crying: Ivan is going to call the Irish police on Monday (AGAIN) and beg them to speed things up! :bonk: So, for now, I'm holding off on buying plane tickets because I don't want to go all the way to Croatia and not be able to come back with Ivan. :wacko: Worst case scenario, I guess we'll just have to push the interview back later. Blehhhhh. :(

12/01/09 - Touch!

02/19/10 - Touch!!!!

02/24/10 - NVC Received

04/XX/10 - Visa Issued

06/26/10 - Wedding!!!!!

Ok, bad news...although the Embassy scheduled the interview, they will NOT issue Ivan's visa and let him leave until they have the police certificate from Ireland. So, here we are, waiting 4 weeks now and nothing from Ireland. :crying: Ivan is going to call the Irish police on Monday (AGAIN) and beg them to speed things up! :bonk: So, for now, I'm holding off on buying plane tickets because I don't want to go all the way to Croatia and not be able to come back with Ivan. :wacko: Worst case scenario, I guess we'll just have to push the interview back later. Blehhhhh. :(

Lindsey, I' m so sorry to hear this news from you. Ireland it' s making the whole situation pretty frustrating now. In my opinion, 4 weeks it' s more than enough time to issue the police certificate and send it down to Croatia. Seriously, what are they doing up there ? :blink: How long was Ivan living in Ireland anyway ? I would advise you NOT to buy any plane tickets until you are 100 % sure he has his visa in his passport ! Hopefully, until April 8 you two are gonna be set - up and Ivan it' s gonna attend his interview with the irish police certificate ! :) Good luck and let us know how is all proceeding !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello captain!

I know you from somewhere :)

Okay I guess I was not very clear ,but the thing is Mumbai consulate does acknowledge having received our package from Mumbai,and of also mailing me out my lovely crisp package 3.I was just being a restless child and hoping for miracles from the Indian postal system!

Hmm I will wait it out.Thanks for the suggestion though.I do indeed keep learning new things on here every hour :|

Anwesha

Hi Anwesha,

Congrats on the INterivew date. I have still not received a letter for the interview date :(. I am hopping my fiance gets her letter soon.

Congrats and best of luck!

-Deven G.

Quick update ! :) I had the 2 nd part of my medical examination on Wednesday and I passed. The American embassy in Ljubljana informed me there is no need for me to return the Packet 3. I' ll bring all the forms and certificates required together with the evidences on the day of my visa interview. The woman I spoke to added they are gonna call me when they are gonna be ready to proceed. I guess I just need to sit back, ( trying to ) relax while wondering when my phone it' s gonna ring. :)

Novembrians, are you all mostly just dealing with the embassies and waiting for your interviews to be scheduled ?

Good luck to all !

Timeline

Quick update ! :) I had the 2 nd part of my medical examination on Wednesday and I passed. The American embassy in Ljubljana informed me there is no need for me to return the Packet 3. I' ll bring all the forms and certificates required together with the evidences on the day of my visa interview. The woman I spoke to added they are gonna call me when they are gonna be ready to proceed. I guess I just need to sit back, ( trying to ) relax while wondering when my phone it' s gonna ring. :)

Novembrians, are you all mostly just dealing with the embassies and waiting for your interviews to be scheduled ?

Good luck to all !

Novembrians! LOL. I love it.

I think we are all pretty much dealing with the P3 and the embassies. Dan and I are almost done with the P3. We've filed out most of the forms (and by "we" I mean moi) all "we" have to do is print, sign and mail them. He has to file the DS-160 online and upload a picture :S so we'll be doing that together this Saturday. Hopefully he'll mail everything Monday when he gets back to Canada.

Timeline

My Dearest Novembrians,

Glad to see most of your are moving along in process, if not already done with it.

Still no luck with Ireland issuing Ivan's police certificate. It's officially been 5 weeks since his original request and no one at the police station is willing to tell him anything - that is, if they even bother to answer the phone. :angry: Our interview is next Thursday in Zagreb and time is ticking! :crying: It's nice that the embassy will let him do the interview, but it's pretty depressing that this one damn piece of paper is holding us up!!! GRRRRR!!!

So, does anyone know what happens if we don't get this stupid police cert by the time the NOA2 expires? The NOA2 has an expiration date of June 17. What the heck does that mean? And why can't the Embassy do something? I mean, USCIS already did background checks on us as part of the 129-F approval and they know neither of us are criminals. They wouldn't approve us and set up an interview if we were criminals/threats to national security, right?

What are Ivan and I supposed to do??? And the next person at work that says "oh, just be patient, you'll be together soon" may end up being punched. I'm soooo sick of hearing that from people who get to see their husband, wife, whatever every day!!!

Ok, sorry for the rant. It's been a rough couple of weeks. :wacko:

Good night my friends. :star:

12/01/09 - Touch!

02/19/10 - Touch!!!!

02/24/10 - NVC Received

04/XX/10 - Visa Issued

06/26/10 - Wedding!!!!!

My Dearest Novembrians,

Glad to see most of your are moving along in process, if not already done with it.

Still no luck with Ireland issuing Ivan's police certificate. It's officially been 5 weeks since his original request and no one at the police station is willing to tell him anything - that is, if they even bother to answer the phone. :angry: Our interview is next Thursday in Zagreb and time is ticking! :crying: It's nice that the embassy will let him do the interview, but it's pretty depressing that this one damn piece of paper is holding us up!!! GRRRRR!!!

So, does anyone know what happens if we don't get this stupid police cert by the time the NOA2 expires? The NOA2 has an expiration date of June 17. What the heck does that mean? And why can't the Embassy do something? I mean, USCIS already did background checks on us as part of the 129-F approval and they know neither of us are criminals. They wouldn't approve us and set up an interview if we were criminals/threats to national security, right?

What are Ivan and I supposed to do??? And the next person at work that says "oh, just be patient, you'll be together soon" may end up being punched. I'm soooo sick of hearing that from people who get to see their husband, wife, whatever every day!!!

Ok, sorry for the rant. It's been a rough couple of weeks. :wacko:

Good night my friends. :star:

Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you. It is only our hope that soon the certificate will be issued, it would seem like a reasonable thing to happen. Sometimes the darkest hour is just before the dawn. Again, having had delays ourselves our hearts go out to you both. :huh2::girlwerewolf2xn::huh2:

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.