boisestate

November 2009 K1 CSC Filers

571 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Here's the regulations.gov PDF describing the proposed change.

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/con...contentType=pdf

Looks like it could go into effect pretty soon. They're accepting comments until Feb 12, sometime after which they'll implement the fee increase.

Since the visa fee is paid at the interview (right?), unless we have an interview in the pretty near future, I'm guessing we'll end up paying the new fee.

Aye, we just left a comment as well on this.

We have to remember this is bureaucrats we are dealing with here, even if they approve the new measures, it may take them 472 years to implement them...though if it involves more money for them, im sure they will be in place on the 13th of Feb!

Arch

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-01

NVC Received : 2010-03-06

Consulate Received : 2010-03-15

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-26

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-23

Interview Date : 2010-05-11

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-05-19

US Entry : 2010-06-01

Marriage : 2010-06-10

Comments : No harassment at all at POE, just advised i had 90 days to marry, took 10-15 mins for the processing to take place.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey guys - I'm in Sacramento too! Maybe we should have a big party when this is all over! heheh!!

Deal!

If you ever want to do something shoot me a private message. Im always up for a Kimosabe Roll from Tex Wassabi (can you guess what Im craving right now? lol) :P

It's always nice to know people that are going thru the same thing. I rarely talk about it with my friends because I always get the "bah, dont worry about it, 6 - 7 months is nothing" ... OH REEEEEEEEEAAALLLYYYY??????!?!?!? :angry: Of course they are holding hands or sitting by their SO while they are giving me " the talk".

Deal!

If you ever want to do something shoot me a private message. Im always up for a Kimosabe Roll from Tex Wassabi (can you guess what Im craving right now? lol) :P

It's always nice to know people that are going thru the same thing. I rarely talk about it with my friends because I always get the "bah, dont worry about it, 6 - 7 months is nothing" ... OH REEEEEEEEEAAALLLYYYY??????!?!?!? :angry: Of course they are holding hands or sitting by their SO while they are giving me " the talk".

How many other Sacramento people are there from November? It seems like a disproportionately high percentage...

A journey begins...

-----------------------------------------------------------

06-Nov-09 - sent I-129F to CSC

10-Nov-09 - NOA1 date

21-Jan-10 - NOA2 date

29-Jan-10 - Left NVC

11-Feb-10 - Returned packet 3

26-Feb-10 - Received packet 4

05-Mar-10 - Medical

16-Mar-10 - Interview

24-Mar-10 - POE Houston

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, and then there are the overly helpful people who say, "But he is just from Canada, can't he just come and live here and work? Why does he have to immigrate?" Yes, I know it is still North America, but Canada is a different COUNTRY! Some people, who like you said have their significant other sitting right there with them, just DON"T GET IT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, and then there are the overly helpful people who say, "But he is just from Canada, can't he just come and live here and work? Why does he have to immigrate?" Yes, I know it is still North America, but Canada is a different COUNTRY! Some people, who like you said have their significant other sitting right there with them, just DON"T GET IT!

LOL! So true.

The President of the company I work for asked me the same thing the other day. The conversation started with "When is he moving to California?" so I had to explain that is not that "clean cut" or "easy" as that. The fact that he is Canadian may make the process a little bit faster, Ive read a lot of people from other countries, specially the Middle East that have to go thru additional "administrative investigations / processes" after the interviews which can take an extra 6 months but he still has to go thru the whole process like any other immigrant. Then, out if his mouth came the most stupid thing Ive ever heard him say... "but, can't he just move and not say anything? he looks american" :o:wacko::blink::huh:

I seriously stood there for almost a minute looking confused :huh: and hoping he would say " im just joking" but noooooo, he was actually waiting for my answer. I adore the guy but OMG. :wow:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Thanks everyone I thought for sure that since i did it myself i would get an RFE. Luckly the consulars at the mongolian embassy respond very well to USC and I know one or two people in the embassy and my friends know even more. I have her getting all her paperwork in order so when the packets get to her she just has to fill in the blank and send back and then i can call and get them to schedule. Mongolia is a very plesent country to work with. They do not get high volumes of visa applications i beleive there turnaround to interview is about a day. And anyone who watches igors list as i did it seems like it never updates as i am still not on the approved list.

Timeline
Congratulations! :dance:

My fiance stays in Honolulu too. Atleast somebody from Hawaii gets approve that makes me happy as well. :D:D

Is your fiancee military? The date you met kinda sounds like around the time of an exercise last year. I filed my petition as an ohio resident though as I will only be here 6 more months before i pcs

Timeline

And people wonder why there are "illegal" immigrants in the United States! My fiance' and I are doing it the "right way". I just wish that all embassies/consulates were more similar in their processing times for getting our loved ones to the U.S. It is strange to see the disparity. Some it is days/weeks to an interview and others MONTHS of anxious waiting.

Timeline
And people wonder why there are "illegal" immigrants in the United States! My fiance' and I are doing it the "right way". I just wish that all embassies/consulates were more similar in their processing times for getting our loved ones to the U.S. It is strange to see the disparity. Some it is days/weeks to an interview and others MONTHS of anxious waiting.

Yeah i swear that we have to pay all theese fees to make up for the illegals that are granted asylem. It took me I swear a sold month to fill out the I129f because of what they ask for and i thought at times how much easier it would be to fly her to mexico or canada and have her hop the boarder LOL. But as i dont like illegal immigration i would not do it myself. Since shes paying for everything in her country guess its time to prepare for the next big hit"AOS"

Timeline

Yep, Adjustment of Status will be next big hit after the medical exam and visa fee at the embassy/consulate. MY 2009 tax return is getting saved specifically for AOS.

Timeline
Yep, Adjustment of Status will be next big hit after the medical exam and visa fee at the embassy/consulate. MY 2009 tax return is getting saved specifically for AOS.

Yeah I wish my tricare military health insurance would work for her now. Then the med exam would be free.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

the Middle East that have to go thru additional "administrative investigations / processes" after the interviews which can take an extra 6 months but he still has to go thru the whole process like any other immigrant.

i agree with u tharama

Edited by a loves a

06-15-2008 : my fiancee first visit to me ( stayed 3 weeks ) .

06-23-2009 : my fiancee secound visit me in Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ).

06-28-2009 : ENGAGED

10-29-2009 : I-129F Sent

01-27-2010 : my fiancee 3rd visit to Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ) .

02-09-2010 : travel with my fiancee to turkey in a vacation (5 days)

05-25-2010 : my fiancee 4th visit to ( stayed 2 months ) .

06-03-2010 :Interview Date .

Interview Result : approved ( ya right ! )

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

06-29-2010 : case sent back to usa !!!

07-07-2010 : MARRIED

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

05-18-2011 : travel with my wife to malaysia in a 1 week vaction

06-14-2011 : register our marraige papers in cairo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Timeline

I think i got lucky not very many american go to mongolia let alone get married to a mongolian. All americans ive met moved to mongolia. It help so much that i get to talk to the embassy directly.

NOA1 11-19-2009

NOA2 01-22-2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.