638 posts in this topic

Just keepin the thread alive :whistle:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

There's no sales tax in Texas? I know several states don't have it. Must be nice.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
There's no sales tax in Texas? I know several states don't have it. Must be nice.

yes, there is a sales tax in texas. just not a personal property tax like some states.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Oh there's definitely a sales tax in Texas. I was just making a little joke about "Value-Added" tax -- everything in Cali costs more simply because... it's in Cali :P

I used to live there as a child. It's nice. But the prices have gone wayyyyy up since then. Living in South Texas has got me used to expecting a lot more for my dollar. :P

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh there's definitely a sales tax in Texas. I was just making a little joke about "Value-Added" tax -- everything in Cali costs more simply because... it's in Cali :P

I used to live there as a child. It's nice. But the prices have gone wayyyyy up since then. Living in South Texas has got me used to expecting a lot more for my dollar. :P

Texas has a 6.25 percent state sales tax.

note that this can go higher due to county and city taxes added on.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
I often wonder how people can deal with living in areas where it snows in the winter. Too much work for me and waaaay too cold. :P However, California is full, so please don't come here. :D

Yes, I'm just kidding. I love the diversity here and though it is overcrowded, I guess there's always room for more right? :)

hehehehe with the cost of living no way!! Would like to visit someday though.

LOL that's why I live in South Texas. :yes: Plenty warm, and without the VAT of Cali. :P

I'm at a loss as to what VAT is. Help?

Value Added Tax (sales tax)

We have plenty of sales tax in North Texas . . . I think the max allowed by Texas law but we are supporting a mass transit system that includes light rail along with tons more ppl than other areas . . . I think the sales tax is determined by each city here.

Actually, I want to live in Northern California (I am overdue for a trip to San Francisco, LOL). But after I saw how much someone had to pay for a small amount of space inside the city, I decided it might be better to stay in Texas . . . but I think our highways are catching up quickly to the congestion levels of CA, hehe, I found that I have no problems driving out there now and it used to scare me a bit.

Edited by cbd2cai

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am home alone, husband is at work.

I mentioned in off topic my husband was in a wreck yesterday. There were a lot of car accidents due to a freak rain storm which instantly turn to ice. the sidewalks were so icy you could barely stand up. They had to close the viaducts that go over the railroad tracks because cars and trucks couldn't make it over them. One of our vehicles was damaged about 1300 dollars to fix. Thank goodness we have full coverage on it, but most of all I am very thankful my husband didn't get hurt. After work all i wanted to do was hug and kiss him and was very very grateful nothing happen to him.

I am so sick of winter and can't wait for spring!!!!!

Angel

I am home alone, husband is at work.

I mentioned in off topic my husband was in a wreck yesterday. There were a lot of car accidents due to a freak rain storm which instantly turn to ice. the sidewalks were so icy you could barely stand up. They had to close the viaducts that go over the railroad tracks because cars and trucks couldn't make it over them. One of our vehicles was damaged about 1300 dollars to fix. Thank goodness we have full coverage on it, but most of all I am very thankful my husband didn't get hurt. After work all i wanted to do was hug and kiss him and was very very grateful nothing happen to him.

I am so sick of winter and can't wait for spring!!!!!

Angel

I'm glad he is ok angelk! Thank God for that! Hopefully everything will go well for you guys.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.