AngelK96

Yallah Middle East 3.0, For the Middle East and Egypt People

638 posts in this topic

hehe maybe we can go together! lol....yeah, at 1000 per ticket....i can't afford that right now... :crying: one of these days tho enshallah...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
hehe maybe we can go together! lol....yeah, at 1000 per ticket....i can't afford that right now... :crying: one of these days tho enshallah...

i was looking at tickets and seen total ticket price lowest one around 1300 with taxes on orbitz. I know one thing I will not go in the winter again because it's raining and cold.

Edited by angelk96

Filed: Timeline

How is the weather there in March? I have been to Jordan in June-----omg I melted. Once in August and once in Sept. It was ALWAYS hot in Jordan. So if March is milder, I will be in heaven.

We are so excited about this trip! We talk about it every day.

Jackie

Timeline

I been there the beginning of May and the weather was nice. It did rain once, but otherwise awesome weather. I was also there in September and thought it was nice. Actually I flew to Jordan two years ago on this very same day September 11, 2004.

i was looking at tickets and seen total ticket price lowest one around 1300 with taxes on orbitz. I know one thing I will not go in the winter again because it's raining and cold.

How is the weather there in March? I have been to Jordan in June-----omg I melted. Once in August and once in Sept. It was ALWAYS hot in Jordan. So if March is milder, I will be in heaven.

Jackie

I was there in December and the weather was perfect! A nice balmy 73 was the average. It rained a little bit but that was perfect coz both Noor and I like rainy days!

(F) amal (F)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jackie

I was there in December and the weather was perfect! A nice balmy 73 was the average. It rained a little bit but that was perfect coz both Noor and I like rainy days!

(F) amal (F)

Jackie-

you are going this March? That should be wonderful! I would talk about it everyday too.

Amal-

73 & balmy in December? I was in Jordan in November once and some parts of me are still frozen. I was never so cold in my life and I've lived in Chicago forever. We are talking about going next month or in november and we might, but I am hoping we delay it til spring just to avoid that cold. I would love to be there in the spring...I might have to slip into one of Jac's suitcases :star:

and I was just picking on you about the leftovers...I know its Jackie thats really holding out :P

Dawn

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Jacque....

March in jordan is good, well in zarqa, it was great......65-75 everyday...I would imagine places like Amman and Irbid would be a little more cold, and def. chilly at night, but nothing like the winter....a sweatshirt would suffice...

P.S. Can i come?

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Yea we can have a meetup at Ohare......and that would some RJ flight, huh? Thirteen hours of :dance: debkah. We are already starting to plan on what gifts to bring.

I promise in the morning to post the secret recipe that has my husband and Amal's husband happy and full.

Jackie

hehehe wonder what they think with all of us going to the same place....118 passengers going to Amman, Jordan please.... we could all go in on a hotel suite and let our husbands stay at their family homes so we ladies could have some girls nights! :lol: I don't think that would look at all suspicious......what do you think?? :lol:

(F) amal (F)

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Jackie

I have been in Amman in late March and it was soooooo coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. I was miserable -- the temps were in the 30s and low 40s, plus very windy and that endless cold drizzling rain. Chilled me to the bone -- I just could NOT get warm. This was 2002, but I think not out of the normal weather pattern for Amman. I returned in late April that same year, and it was not much warmer. The weather in the highlands of the West Bank is much the same -- cold and rainy and windy (although flowers are starting to bloom.)

Now of course I am from Texas and I think anything below 70 is cold. Perhaps what I describe in Amman would be like a balmy spring day to those from Chicago :P

(F)

-MK

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I been there the beginning of May and the weather was nice. It did rain once, but otherwise awesome weather. I was also there in September and thought it was nice. Actually I flew to Jordan two years ago on this very same day September 11, 2004.

Ooooooooooooooooooh I agree 100 % September and October are wonderfullllllll months to visit !

I was in Amman and subsequently the West Bank in those months in 2003 (LOL I flew on Sept. 11th too :P figured it's the safest day of the year to fly now) -- it couldn't have been more perfect ! Warm sunny days (but not tooo warm) and just starting to get cool at nights where maybe you could use a light jacket or sweater -- but just lovely weather. The cold rains and winds of winter usually do not arrive this early.

All in all, this September-October period is my favorite season for Amman and the West Bank !

(F)

-MK

(F) amal (F)

Wow 73 was the average ??? Are you talking about Amman or another area ? Because I was there in Amman in early December 2004 and then again in early January 2005 -- and it was much colder. It was not bad in the day time, but once the sun went down, it was bitterly cold and windy. Had to use my winter coat every day (this is like a huge ordeal if you're from South Texas like me :P )

(F)

-MK

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I was in Irbid. I didn't say the nights were good...we like to froze to death after sunset but the day time was perfect for me. (I prefer it with a slight chill in the air tho) I DO NOT like to be hot.. The way I look at it ... is this... I can always put more clothes on..but I can only take so many clothes off before it starts scaring children :lol: maybe if we could all run around in our birthday suits and think nothing of it, I'd like warmer weather....???? :whistle:

Interview-December 2005

Timeline

Nov-March are the winter months

If you are going to be there during the winter months and it's raining. take a lot of sweaters and a waterproof jacket. Oh yeah and when it rains since irbid and amman are built on hills. You'll have little rivers of water running down the streets so when you go to catch a taxi your shoes might get soaked. Popeyes and Pizza Hut and Mcdonalds are great places to hang out if you miss the warmness of your house :) MK described it right the cold is bone chilling.

Thanks for the 'weather' advice! The first 3 trips were so hot his family followed me around with an electric fan. I can handle 'Chicago' hot' , but that 'Texas hot' is not for me. :lol: It will be a nice change to wear a sweater there.

I don't think we will do too much touristy stuff this time. I've seen Jerash, been north for dinner at UmQuas, had coffee and a hooka in Amman. I think this time we will just spend time with his family visiting. I know this will be a more enjoyable time for us both because we will not have to say 'goodbye' to each other. alhamdulillah

Oh,,not just visiting,there will be some serious shopping trips! I want gold. And I want to see the inside of that mall in Amman.

Jackie

Edited by jmagayreh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hehe, the first time I went to Cairo was in August, so my theory of Middle East = darn hot was cemented. The next time I went was in January, and luckly I had a sweater along that I had worn while going to Chicago for the flight. It was a wee bit nippy, especially at night.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.