AngelK96

Yallah Middle East 3.0, For the Middle East and Egypt People

638 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Meriem,

I just wanted to say that I am so happy you will be reunited with your loved one and I know it will be a awesome reunion. Congrat. and enjoy every minute of it as I am sure you will. It is almost here yeah!!!

Thank you so much. I am so happy I will be with him again Friday, Inshallah. I have so much to do this week. Dont know where to begin. :unsure:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a question for you girls that have you fiances and husbands here now. I posted this in the moving to america area, and I did not want to make another topic about it in the ME/NA area. So here is goes.

Hachemi has to take daily medications prescribed by a Dr. for his stomach. He wants to bring a few months supply with him when he comes Friday. Has anyone had any experience with bringing meds through customs. It is a medicine that is readily available in the USA, pretty cheaply, I might add. He has a note from his Dr that he takes it and what it is for. Is that sufficient?

Thanks girls. :thumbs:

Meriem (F)

I would love to help you with that...I'm not sure what they require in order to bring meds into the states, but I do work in a pharmacy..if you feel comfortable, you can tell me the names of the medications he is on and I can let you know if they're available here and a "round about" cost for them... here or in PM is fine... whatever is most comfortable for you.... :)

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

hmmm.. i don't know the answer, but as long as he had a prescription in english stating what he is taking that should be sufficent. I sure other travelers to the usa bring their prescription medications through customs without trouble as long as they had a prescription for it. Maybe there is information on it when going through customs somewhere, might have to google customs and find out.

By the way have a happy reunion!

On another note, I was reading in the ISL thread in off topic and correct me if i am wrong but they are not allowed to speak their own language there??? that's sad! I guess we are fortunate here that we don't have that problem and people want to learn their SO language. Maybe they need to make a thread in the regional forum.

Edited by angelk96

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

about the medicines... they will be so much cheaper and easier to get from home. even if the scripts are in english, the pharmacies are going to want to have the doctors registration number or whatever and his pharmacist there probably wont have that. Unless he has health coverage from the beginning, I would also think that the price of the meds here (not to mention the $ of an office visit to get a new rx written) will probably well justify trying to get "refills" from home every few months. I have never heard of any limit on the meds you can fly with.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

I agree, I don't think there's a limit on what he can bring with him (as long as it is not unreasonable)... much luck in this. :)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

i don't think I'm anywhere near platinum ... just had a lot of good quotes to leave feedback on!! hehehe

I'm at 560 posts... :unsure:

Interview-December 2005

I loved Jordan and I can't wait until until I can go back in March. I only got to visit a Mt. Niebo and the baptismal site which was such a spiritual experience.

The food was so great, at first my husband was afraid to introduce me to it as he was worried I wouldn't like it. I enjoyed it so much.

The people well they are all in a hurry and very pushy, kind of rude but I figured out quickly that is just how they are. So in line with that the driving is the same way, it was insane. I would not attemp driving there for no reason.

I had an experience with the salon as no one spoke or understood english and I don't speak or understand Arabic, so 5 hours later, which was 15 minutes before my wedding party started I was done. I have to say the end result I was very happy with. The running around trying to get married was crazy but we managed to accomplish it. I have a beef with the man that help us with the interpeting and filling out my forms. I told my husband I could do all the forms and he said that this man knows what he is doing and would only charge us 200jd, that was all fine and great but the forms he completed where outdated and not useable which we got two days before my departure. I was very upset and had to correct all the papers, I am not upset so much about the money it was that if I didn't know any better and trusted him I would have been delayed for a long time and very heart broken, I am worried about the one's who don't know any better file the wrong forms. Trust me I am dealing with this matter in a professional way and I am waiting to see3 if he is man enough to reply or if I am going to take up action against him even if it cost me money just so that no one else is done wrong.

I so enjoyed the shopping and look forward to shopping until my heart is content when I go back. This time I loaded up on the silver but next time it is all about the gold baby :D The purses, shoes and perfumes are also going to be on my must have list. I so enjoyed the late night shopping and being out in the coffee shops it was so cool. Walking in the streets it was such a different experience a night and I have never felt so at ease as I did when we where out.

Ok the bathrooms if some of them you can call that well thank God I had a western toliet in my hotel room, thanks to the ladies that prewarned me.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

welcome back and it's so good to hear of ur experiences...it makes me miss Jordan so so so so much....*sigh*...I can't wait until we can afford to go back.....

Interview-December 2005

Filed: Timeline

Inshallah we will visit Jordan in March 2007. We both are soooooooo excited for this trip! Mohammed has not been in Jordan since Sept 2004. His family is changing alot there. A few brothers have married and a few babies were born. It will be nice to be there this time knowing my husband is leaving with me. No more goodbyes in Amman!

Congrats to Andrea and Meriem having reunions this week.

Jackie

Timeline
I loved Jordan and I can't wait until until I can go back in March. I only got to visit a Mt. Niebo and the baptismal site which was such a spiritual experience.

The food was so great, at first my husband was afraid to introduce me to it as he was worried I wouldn't like it. I enjoyed it so much.

The people well they are all in a hurry and very pushy, kind of rude but I figured out quickly that is just how they are. So in line with that the driving is the same way, it was insane. I would not attemp driving there for no reason.

I had an experience with the salon as no one spoke or understood english and I don't speak or understand Arabic, so 5 hours later, which was 15 minutes before my wedding party started I was done. I have to say the end result I was very happy with. The running around trying to get married was crazy but we managed to accomplish it. I have a beef with the man that help us with the interpeting and filling out my forms. I told my husband I could do all the forms and he said that this man knows what he is doing and would only charge us 200jd, that was all fine and great but the forms he completed where outdated and not useable which we got two days before my departure. I was very upset and had to correct all the papers, I am not upset so much about the money it was that if I didn't know any better and trusted him I would have been delayed for a long time and very heart broken, I am worried about the one's who don't know any better file the wrong forms. Trust me I am dealing with this matter in a professional way and I am waiting to see3 if he is man enough to reply or if I am going to take up action against him even if it cost me money just so that no one else is done wrong.

I so enjoyed the shopping and look forward to shopping until my heart is content when I go back. This time I loaded up on the silver but next time it is all about the gold baby :D The purses, shoes and perfumes are also going to be on my must have list. I so enjoyed the late night shopping and being out in the coffee shops it was so cool. Walking in the streets it was such a different experience a night and I have never felt so at ease as I did when we where out.

Ok the bathrooms if some of them you can call that well thank God I had a western toliet in my hotel room, thanks to the ladies that prewarned me.

The silver is so cheap and the gold I bought and my husband bought for me was 21k :) i loved shopping at night and then going out to the cafes so much fun . I miss it a lot!!!!

I loved the open market.....can't wait to go walk thru them again...i don't even have to buy anything.....

Interview-December 2005

Timeline

My husband got a night job from 11:30pm to 4:30am. I don't feel too happy about it because sometimes he has to work from 1pm to 10pm at his day job and when he gets home I am waking up and getting ready for work. Lately he's been feeling the strain from it, but I don't want to say to him quit. He really doesn't need a 2nd job. I feel he is try to make a salary like mine, but he's going to need a degree if he wants that. I hate to see him burning himself out. I told him I prefer if he just want to school part time and got a degree and that way he would be able to make want he wants, but I think he feels he needs to be the head of the household right now..ahhh arab men. I love my husband to death and feel what he is doing is admirable but not at the expense of making himself tired all the time. Oh well just wanted to vent!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.