AngelK96

Yallah Middle East 3.0, For the Middle East and Egypt People

638 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ahlan

I want to welcome everyone going through the Middle East and Egypt!

This is the New Version of Yalla Middle East due to VJ software upgrade our Old Yalla Middle East is now closed and archived.

(version 2.0 can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=907)

I made this new thread for all of us going through the Middle East Embassies including Egypt, and for people who are just starting their process. We don't have just one place where we can come and share our experiences. We are spread all over Vj, in Foreign Embassy, in DCF and others.

Feel free to share experiences, congratulate people, vent frustrations at the system, and life in general. Don't be afraid to be honest with your posts because 9 out 10 times someone is going to be there to help you, vent with you, be sad with you, and most of all be happy with you.

Angel (F)

For all you new people who wander in looking for information about the Embassy in Amman or the Embassy in Egypt or another place. Here are two links to the closed yalla middle east and anyone fighting the embassy in amman. There is a wealth of information in those two links about Jordan in particular. Also it was just a great thread for all us who are going through the immigration process.

I'm sad our old thread was closed because it was such a great place to come and vent or come and tell happy or sad news. If you ever get a chance to read them please do, or are bored and waiting for your interview or news from the embassies. You will see how all of us coped during this period in our lives and how we all gave each other emotional support.. It was like a lifetime movie: the drama, the humor, the sadness, the anger, the hope..the hopelessness... I can go on and on, but it’s best to read it yourself because that thread rocked!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=62964

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=56941

Edited by Captain Ewok

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

what just happened? I know I didn't post to it everyday, but I was comforted in seeing it here and keeping up with the rest of you. grrrrr

hope everyones having a good day anyway

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yeah, was wondering that myself. What does pinned mean?

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm guessing that the last thread was getting too long and unwieldy, so it was locked and this new one created. If I remember correctly, some friends who are mods on other boards say that if a thread gets too long, it makes it hard to go through and edit things and respond to reports.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Ohh well, we will start again. I asked to get it unpinned because nobody was posting but I guess he didn't want to :no:

Anyways anyone start saving documents for lifting conditions? I thought every 6 months save some things like utility bills, phone bill, and etc..that way won't have too much paper work.

Other than that. Life's been good. We both are working and saving and enjoying our time together. Miss visiting Jordan though especially when I talk to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. My mother-in-law always wants me to go visit and of course I wish I could. Maybe the end of Ramadan we might consider it.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

looks like we're starting with a clean slate yet again girls! It's ok, I'll adjust :hehe::whistle: at least I know 1 thread I can keep myself updated on everybody and the happenings in their lives.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

My life update---- I was in a car accident! Two cars collided and BOTH spun into me. My poor 2003 Cavalier is in bad shape. :( Neither driver had a drivers license, and the one that was the 'contributing factor' had no insurance. :angry: So, now I have to get a rental car and get mine fixed. The entire driver's side is crunched.

I am ok, alhamdulillah, just shaken up. Besides that, nothin much here.

Jackie

My life update---- I was in a car accident! Two cars collided and BOTH spun into me. My poor 2003 Cavalier is in bad shape. :( Neither driver had a drivers license, and the one that was the 'contributing factor' had no insurance. :angry: So, now I have to get a rental car and get mine fixed. The entire driver's side is crunched.

Jackie

Alhamdulilah you're ok! Inshallah you will get your car fixed soon.

Can you get restitution or anything from the other drivers?

Timeline

Jackie

Oh My Goodness! I am glad you are ok!!!! I was in a similar situation, the guy that caused the accident had to fix mine and the other person's car. It was just one of those situations where you just couldn't avoid it you basically just had to sit there and watch I was stopped at the intersection waiting for this car to go by when this other guy decided to run a stop sign....scary!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

jacquie, glad you are okay. I had a head on collision 4 years ago. It took me forever to get better. Hope all is well. Inshallah!

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jackie-

I had no idea. I am so glad you are okay. Did they tell you when you can expect your car back? We have to catch up soon. Was this today?

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Geez Jackie, I'm sorry to hear of your accident - alhamdoulillah you are ok and hopefully someone will provided some restitution for the dent in your wallet!!! I hope your car gets repaired soon - and please pay attention to any little aches or pains that spring up... take care of them asap. Might I suggest a long soak in a hot bath w/ a couple of cups of dead sea salts or epsom salts... really helps the achy muscles one might have after impact. Good luck! :star:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Awwwwwwww you guys are the best! (F) Thanks for your kind words and concern. It happened Wed. night. I will get more details from my insurance adjuster tommorrow.

Noura, I do feel like a nice hot bath. Good suggestion :thumbs:

Jackie

dawn----i will call tommorrow

kelly----come see me at my work

amal---miss our morning chats

Please pray for Jess n George

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Jackie.. so glad that you're alright.. you can get a new car but you cant get new health!!

please take it easy and even if you're feeling OK please go visit the doctor.. who knows what will happen..

I got into a car accident in 2000 and didn't get terrible symptoms of slipped disc until 2005... but since I did go through PT in 2000 for the discs, you never know what will happen later on..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.