Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome Sonshyne :luv:

Hello and Happy Friday to all

Jamaica to CT... Thanks for the info leading to this site :). There is alot of info here that is very helpful. Going thru this process can be very confussing as we all know. I mailed the I-129F August 15. My check was cashed 8/23.

I still have not received a reciept #. I thought by now I would have gotten something. The anticipation of waiting is nevre racking.

Congrads to all how has had a sucessful journey.

Sbys Elias is so addroable!!

Oh you guys are so sweet... thanks (L)

julie....he is just too cute for words!!!! :yes:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Kelly & Craig (L)

The Curves near my house closes at 7:00pm on weekdays and hours 9 am -11 am on Saturdays...very short hours....didn't work out with my OT late hours. I can't remember how much the membership was but it wasn't expensive....cheaper than most local gyms
My Curves is great -- they are open from 5:15am - 8:00pm Monday through Friday (they DO NOT close for lunch) and from 7:00am - Noon on Saturday. BUT....a Cardinal Fitness just opened up in the neighborhood.....lots of women are leaving Curves in favor of Cardinal....I pay $25.00 a month.

Welcome Sonshyne :energetic:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good afternoon ladies!!!!

hope all is well for everyone!!!!

getting ready to watch the egels aka the Eagles... :lol::lol:

have a great day :star:

I never realized you were from Philly till I saw the eggels :lol::lol:

I am such a bandwagoneir, I only watch the games, when I got to Chickies & Pete's, or its the playoffs :blush:

((SHOUTING)) E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry, Patriots fan here.

Just got home from work so I can catch the second half.

Happy Sunday everyone. What a beautiful day.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello to everyone and thanks for all the welcomes I have received :D !!!

Just got in from work and getting ready to catch the 4th quarter of the Forty Niners game.. Yes I am a Niners Fan... :dance:. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Jamaica to CT... Thanks for the info leading to this site :). There is alot of info here that is very helpful. Going thru this process can be very confussing as we all know. I mailed the I-129F August 15. My check was cashed 8/23.

I still have not received a reciept #. I thought by now I would have gotten something. The anticipation of waiting is nevre racking.

Sbys... your baby is beautiful!

Hello to everyone and thanks for all the welcomes I have received :D !!!

Just got in from work and getting ready to catch the 4th quarter of the Forty Niners game.. Yes I am a Niners Fan... :dance:. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Sbys... your baby is beautiful!

Sorry :o .... I deleted some of the posting..... I was trying to edit what "I" posted :( ... I'm still trying to get a grip on how to post in this forum.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Sorry u all I am a big die hard Bears fan!! Just got back from the game my family has season tickets with those special PSL seats. Private Seat Licenses so yes we own our seats and paid a lot for them or should I say my parents. PSL seats are larger at Solider field and have more leg roon. I had fun tailgating and totaly blew Weight Watchers I got to tell myself I do this every year slow down. We have had Season Tickets for 7 years. Bears chomped the Detriot Lions :lol: !! Detriot should of not talked any smack cause they sure did get smacked. I sure hope Dwain loves American Football. I told him he is going with guys to a game where its like 8 below zero trust me I would (L) to see that. Evil :devil: I know I am. Go Bears!!!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good afternoon ladies!!!!

hope all is well for everyone!!!!

getting ready to watch the egels aka the Eagles... :lol::lol:

have a great day :star:

I never realized you were from Philly till I saw the eggels :lol::lol:

I am such a bandwagoneir, I only watch the games, when I got to Chickies & Pete's, or its the playoffs :blush:

((SHOUTING)) E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles

:lol: well i will be on the band wagon if they play another game like that...i could feel my blood presure rising!! i have watched footbal games with mike while in JA and he gets a kick out of how i am WAY too invloved in the games...not only with the eggles but penn state as well!!

it was really funny when i started this job a year ago the mom(i'm a nanny) was like what is a "eggle" because she is from northern jersey.....i almsot died :lol:

Filed: Timeline
Sorry, Patriots fan here.

Another New Englander here and we have to root for the home team-final score by the way for the Patriots vs. Jets - Patriots-24 :thumbs: , and Jets-17. I'm not a huge football fan but my ex-husband piqued my interest in the game and back in the day he was a huge Cowboys fan so I try to keep up with them too.

Sorry u all I am a big die hard Bears fan!! Just got back from the game my family has season tickets with those special PSL seats. Private Seat Licenses so yes we own our seats and paid a lot for them or should I say my parents.

Nice!!

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Happy Birthday Rhonda

Thank you :goofy: It's good to see you again :yes:

Rhonda - Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you are enjoying your time off.

Thanks :luv: I had a 3 day weekend but it went by SOOOOOO fast :(

Happy Birthday to Rhonda.

Thank you :D

"A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' come together. It is

when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences."

- Dave Meurer

That is an awesome quote :blush: I need to post that on our fridge at home!

Happy Belated Birthday to Rhonda!

Thank you (F)

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I love my Air Jamaica :crying:

We don't have Air Jamaica out of Detroit :angry: And they always have such good deals!

I have taken United, Trans Merdian, Delta, At&T, and Ryan Air.

Hmmmm..... I have never heard of At&T or Ryan Air. They must not fly out of Detroit either. I have only flown Northwest and U.S. Air to JA.

Bears chomped the Detriot Lions :lol: !! Detriot should of not talked any smack cause they sure did get smacked.

Uh oh :( Our home team sucks :whistle: I'm not really a big football fan but it was cool when we hosted the Superbowl here back in the winter. :yes:

Hey Rhonda :)

Hey girl. Nice to see someone else awake besides me :blush: I'm waiting for my day-shift co-worker to arrive so I can leave and go home to sleep.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Good Morning everyone! Another wonderful start to the work week. I hope it doesn't feel as long as last week. :D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Good morning ladies!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend---back to the grind of the work week! :angry: I'm here because I need to vent...I want you guys to tell me if I am just overreacting and should just settle myself down, or am I justified in feeling this way (be honest--I can take it!) So here goes:

Gregory received Packet 3 from the Embassy last Wed or Thursday I believe. We talked briefly about it, because we've been pissy at each other the past few things, so although this really was great news, we didn't do too much about it. N-E-way, on Friday night, he told me that the packet was confusing to him and he needed some help...in fact he wanted to know if he could just wait until I come down next month and we do the packet together--I was like HE@! NO!! Be a man, read through the forms, and figure it out. Show me that you are taking this as seriously as I am and be responsible!! I cannot hold your hand ALL of the time and take care of ALL of your business for you!!! Needless to say, that was the end of THAT conversation. So on Saturday afternoon, he tells me that he filled most of the DS-230 out, but he had a couple of questions---I answered them, and that was fine. I asked him when he planned to drop them off and he originally told me on his day off which was Tuesday (am I completely happy?--no, but I can't shove him out the door!) As we continue to talk, he then says that he would rather go on Thursday because he gets paid on Wednesday and he would have the money for the taxi fare to go to Kingston...I'm fuming, but understand that money's tight and well, he's not asking me for any, so ok. I tell him that he needs to start working on his passport so that he can get the rest of HIS documents, and then he informs me that he had already applied for his passport, and they told him that it would be ready by the end of THIS week. He said that he wanted to show me that he could be the responsible man and husband for me, and that he wanted me to know that I could trust him to take care of business on his own (I melt a little, because I thought he hadn't done it). So, we talk l8tr on that night, and he says that after he talked to his mother he realized that it might be better if he goes to Kingston the beginning of NEXT week, because his passport will be here, and he can go ahead and do the police certificate thingy in Kingston because you need a passport to do that, and since he didn't have a lot of money to keep going back and forth, that would be the easiest...I'M PISSED!! FUMING!!! And he knows it...so then he feels bad and says that he'll just go on Tuesday, and then I was like F#@! it, just do whatever would be best for you!! Everything is on you at this point, and if we never get married then that's on you!!! Of course, this made him feel like, "isht", but he reassured me that things would be done next week. Now up until now, whenever he's said that he's going to do something, he has...and since this is SO important to both of us, I have no doubt that he will...it's just not being done when I want it to be done!!! And that's the problem!!! I really do need some help and advice....I don't want him to think that I don't believe in him or have faith that he will keep his word, because I do...and I am also aware of his circumstances and how they are playing into this delay, but still..... :crying:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Okay.....my two cents worth......No, I don't think you are being unreasonable....BUT....you need to try to not sweat the "small stuff." Right now, the MOST IMPORTANT thing is his Passport. If he doesn't get that NOTHING else here matters.

That being said......if he can pick up his Passport next week -- let him drop off the DS230 then. Unless you live in Kingston it is a pain in the ####### to keep going back there to do everything that needs to get done. A few more days isn't going ruin anything. Nothing is going to be done when YOU want it done. And I think all the girls on here can agree with that ;)

I sent Roy the filled out DS-230 because I didn't trust that he would do it correctly. When everyone else was picking up "Packet #3" and dropping off the DS-230 at the same time -- there was Roy. The "Info Lady" wouldn't take it from him. I had to wait another week for him to go back to Kingston to hand it to them. Talk about being frustrated......he was there. It was filled out. And she wouldn't take it from him. I thought I was gonna die from frustration.

I know how you feel -- every minute that passes when he is not doing what you want him to be doing is horrible. We have all been through it. Take a deep breath and know that your interview will happen really soon.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.