Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

this is # i use to call the embassy an get thru in less than 15mins everytime (876) 929 4850 to 9 if u get automated system dont press nething jus wait for a while an it will connect u to a person directly

Hi SAVANPHILMAN....... (L)(L)(L)(L)

Hello,

Can you list all documents or forms that are in packet #3? Since this appears to be my next concern/worry. :(

Thanks

hello....mike faxed me the list from packet 3...i can scan it to my computer and e-mail to you if you want so you can have a check list....let me know....it might take me till monday...

[/quote

Thanks, that will work out. :thumbs:

k just pm me your e-mail

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone with any Orlando hotel ideas....I really don't know what to do?!?! :whistle:

And yes, we did eventually get her tourist visa. We got our congressman's immigration advisor to step in and send an email on our behalf...we were called the next day, her mother brought the passport to the embassy and whispered some secret code into security's ear and her visa was fixed into the passport immediately...we are very lucky and blessed.

I tell henry that hard work and perserverance do pay off.

Thanks for asking (F)

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Good Morning everyone!! I just need to know if my fiance needs the passport to turn in the DS-230 or can he just turn in the form and $, and get the passport afterwards??

i think he can just drop off the ds 230...if i remember right he doesn't have to pay money at the embassy he has to go to a paymaster to pay the money for the interview...ALSO....if he doesn't have a passport he needs to get one ASAP!!!!!! very important i think they take a little bit to get so he needs to get started on that right away!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning everyone!! I just need to know if my fiance needs the passport to turn in the DS-230 or can he just turn in the form and $, and get the passport afterwards??

i think he can just drop off the ds 230...if i remember right he doesn't have to pay money at the embassy he has to go to a paymaster to pay the money for the interview...ALSO....if he doesn't have a passport he needs to get one ASAP!!!!!! very important i think they take a little bit to get so he needs to get started on that right away!!!

So, does he pay at paymaster on the SAME day that he turns in the DS-230? I'm confused.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning family. Happy Friday!!!!

Rhonda - Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you are enjoying your time off.

Trinilad - Congrats on an interview date.

Belly's Girl - Congrats on one step closer to an interview date.

Darlene - nice pictures.

I also joined Weight Watchers....been off and on but recently lost 30 pounds....that's what I gained since Damien's been here but working hard to losing more. Curves is a lot of fun....I didn't use my membership much because of my crazy work hours so I joined a regular gym with extended hours. Good luck.

So, does he pay at paymaster on the SAME day that he turns in the DS-230? I'm confused.

I think he pays $100 only for the visa fee...not to turn in the DS-230. He should also apply for his police record while in Kingston too. Correct me if I'm wrong ladies.

But your fiance needs to work on his passport right away :yes:

I am from Huskie land...

I went to school at Northern..... :energetic:

He needs to apply for that Passport ASAP!!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Hey Squitto -- how's the job going?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
I am from Huskie land...

OK...walk me through this EXTRA SLOW...I'm having processing issues 2day :wacko: :

1. So, Gregory goes to Kingston and turns in the DS-230 to the Embassy.

2. He then walks out of the door, and ________?___________

(I told yall I was off today!) Thanks! :blink:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline
Good Friday morning all.

Hello Sonshyne :)

Congrats to all on weightloss and exercise programs. That's my next domestic goal ;) , as soon as I get settled into this house. I still have a lot of stuff in the garage (everything except my car :hehe: ) and I'm ready to throw it all out since I obviously had no need for it after these last couple of months. It is time for me to simplify all aspects of my life.

Hello and Happy Friday to all

Jamaica to CT... Thanks for the info leading to this site :). There is alot of info here that is very helpful. Going thru this process can be very confussing as we all know. I mailed the I-129F August 15. My check was cashed 8/23.

I still have not received a reciept #. I thought by now I would have gotten something. The anticipation of waiting is nevre racking.

Congrads to all how has had a sucessful journey.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Good Friday morning all.

Congrats to all on weightloss and exercise programs. That's my next domestic goal ;) , as soon as I get settled into this house. I still have a lot of stuff in the garage (everything except my car :hehe: ) and I'm ready to throw it all out since I obviously had no need for it after these last couple of months. It is time for me to simplify all aspects of my life.

Jamaica to CT... Thanks for the info leading to this site :). There is alot of info here that is very helpful. Going thru this process can be very confussing as we all know. I mailed the I-129F August 15. My check was cashed 8/23.

I still have not received a reciept #. I thought by now I would have gotten something. The anticipation of waiting is nevre racking.

Welcome to the thread Sonshyne. You can look at the back of the check for the receipt #. I know a few of the girls obtained there # that way like myself. Good luck on your visa journey.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Good Friday morning all.

Welcome to the thread Sonshyne. You can look at the back of the check for the receipt #. I know a few of the girls obtained there # that way like myself. Good luck on your visa journey.

Nyseness

Thanks for the welcome... The print on the back of the check is unreadable. The bank I am with doesn't return the checks, but I can view them on line. I can see the print but not enough to read it.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

NEW TOPIC ---

How do you guys feel about bachelor and bachelorette parties? If your man doesn't reeeally know anyone here, except for the guys he's been working with (for a short period of time and you don't know any of them).....do you support HIS decision if he wanted to go to a club/bar to have his bachelor party???

Any honest advise, opinions etc would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks!

Kelly

I had a nice bachelorette party. Squito was okay with it only because we assured him there would be NO stripper. He didn't really have a typical party tho his groomsmen took him out the night before the wedding.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop in to say hello. I haven't been on here in awhile. We just moved to the Virginia/D.C. area so we're trying to get settled and my husband is looking for a job.

I hope that all is well and I would like to catch up on everyone really soon!!

Take care!

Saundra ;)

It's so great to hear from you Saundra. Congrats on the move and I hope Dice finds a job soon. How hard was it to relocate? We're trying to make a big move too but it's difficult...

Hi Ms Squitto,

The move went pretty smoothly. We moved b/c of my job. So we should be in the D.C. area for a little while. Dice has 2 jobs now. :dance: One is a tennis job which is what he loves to do.

I could imagine if you're moving to a new area and both of you are looking for employment that it would be difficult. However, if it's what you want to do, then try not to let it overwhelm you.

Take care!

10/03/2009 Mailed N-400

10/05/2009 Package received in Lewisville, TX

10/09/2009 Check cashed

10/13/2009 Received Receipt notice with a 10/8/09 priority date

10/23/2009 Received Biometrics letter

11/02/2009 Biometrics apt

11/11/2009 Case sent to local office for interview scheduling

11/21/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled-Approved!!!!

12/15/2009 Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!

Timeline

Hi everyone!! I just wanted everyone to know that luckily I don't have the call the freakin Embassy again 2day, because Gregory received Packet 3 in the mail yesterday!!! Whew!! I thought I was going to lose my mind...Now, it's just me staying on his back 2 get stuff done!! I hate it that I'm not there to do the stuff myself!! I HATE it when other people are in charge!! :angry:

That is great!!! :dance::dance: Did you send him the completed DS230 already or were you planning on having him fill it out himself?? In my case, I prepared eveything for Duane because it just made life easier for us and I did not have to worry or stress that it was not getting done right.....Yep...control freak I am!! :yes::lol:

You know, my original instinct was to go ahead and have the form filled out for him, but I got busy doing work and school related stuff so I just pushed it to the side...now... :( ...I just have to hold my breath and trust that he does it right...I am just going to go over the whole application word for word with him so that he doesn't make a mistake...BUT I WILL be filling out the DS 156, 156K, and DS157 ahead of time for him---I can't take this kind of pressure!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline
I am from Huskie land...

OK...walk me through this EXTRA SLOW...I'm having processing issues 2day :wacko: :

1. So, Gregory goes to Kingston and turns in the DS-230 to the Embassy.

2. He then walks out of the door, and ________?___________

(I told yall I was off today!) Thanks! :blink:

ok here it goes...he needs to hand in the ds230 that is all at the embassy...

then he needs to go to the police station there and work on getting his police record taken care of

he can pay the paymaster whenever because all they will give him is a recipt that you take to the interview

not sure where he needs to go to take care of the passport ladies is that the embassy as well??? not sure

he also needs to take care getting the non -impediment form as well as a official birthcertificate..he might want to get a couple of extra's

also while he is getting his picture taken for his passport he should get like10-15 extra because he will need them for the interview!!!!

i hope that helps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.