Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening all-

I hope everyone had a very nice day...I am unable to sleep so I am up reading and doing dumb stuff........I see the "hot" topic for the day and I just want to remind all of us that we are here to suppport each other in any way so....let's all just be friends.............. :blush: (So DAMN Rodney King......I know.......!!!)

Have a great evening!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning folks!! I have a question that I hope one of you can help me out with. My K-1 left the NVC on Sept. 1 headed to JA. My fiance hasn't received the packet from Kingston yet, and I'm not sure what to do...I called a number that I saw on this site for the Embassy (876) 935-6000, but I'm not sure if this is the number I should be calling because there were at least 1 or 2 other numbers listed. PLUS I ran out of minutes on my calling card! :angry: I just want to know if they received my petition, and if so, have they sent it to Gregory yet...If anyone's got any advice, I'm taking it!! Thanks! :)

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning folks!! I have a question that I hope one of you can help me out with. My K-1 left the NVC on Sept. 1 headed to JA. My fiance hasn't received the packet from Kingston yet, and I'm not sure what to do...I called a number that I saw on this site for the Embassy (876) 935-6000, but I'm not sure if this is the number I should be calling because there were at least 1 or 2 other numbers listed. PLUS I ran out of minutes on my calling card! :angry: I just want to know if they received my petition, and if so, have they sent it to Gregory yet...If anyone's got any advice, I'm taking it!! Thanks! :)

Good luck trying to get through. I tried for 2 hours yesterday with no luck. They will not reply to my e-mails either.

Please someone tell me when a family member is picking up packet 4 how is that done? Do they just ask for it refering to the case number? Is there any problem getting past security in the building?

I do not want to send this person all the way to Kingston if she will not be able to get in.

WE ARE DONE!!!

My K-1 left the NVC on Sept. 1 headed to JA. My fiance hasn't received the packet from Kingston yet, and I'm not sure what to do

Not sure that this even matters <because it was so long ago>....but, I was on almost the same timeline last year. These are what my dates were:

9/2 Nebraska sends to NVC

9/14 NVC gets package

9/19 Kingston gets package

9/28 Packet #3 arrives at PO in MoBay

Regarding the phone number to call. I don't have it here with me at work. I can send it to you when I get home -- maybe in the meantime someone else can help out.

I think you have to remember that not all the information that "they" give you is correct. Kingston might already have it and Packet #3 could already have been sent out. They're not the most helpful bunch.... :wacko:Sometimes I think it's much easier for them to tell you they don't have it, or it hasn't been sent as opposed to ACTUALLY looking at the file to see what the truth is.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies,

Well Belly'Girl, I am in the same boat as you, remember the last time i emailed them and they said they sent it, well I had to email them again yesterday, I just could not take the calling and waiting-busy-waitin-busy-waitingbusy thing. So this is the email:

Good afternoon,

On August 23 I had emailed this embassy and was informed "Our records show that on August 15, 2006, the Embassy received an approved I-129F petition filed by you on behalf of your husband, HUBBY. On August 23, we sent the necessary forms and instructions concerning the requirements for a "K3" visa to Mr. Phillips at <HIS ADDRESS>, Jamaica". However, until today September 12, 2006 my husband still has not received packet 3.

1. Could you please inform me if it is possible for him to arrive at the embassy to pick up this packet ?

2. I am also having a little difficulty getting the correct consular letter to go along with the I134. Is it possible for me to use my monthly statements to show the deposited about? My bank will not include such information on the letter, they only include the balance and the date it was opened.

3. Please I asked this question before but I never got a response, could you tell me how soon after the packet 3 information is returned that an appointment is given?

Thank you,

Mrs.. Phillips

This was there response:

Hello:

Your husband can collect a duplicate letter at the Consular Section's information window any Monday to Friday morning between 7:00 and 10:00. It is also possible for you to send a few of your monthly statements to show your deposit activity. In cases of "K3" visa applications, appointments are usually scheduled four to six weeks after receiving the completed DS-230 Part 1.

Hope this helps, I find it is better to email them. This is the number I keep using (876)935-6044, but for K1 it should be (876) 935-6000 #1 .

Here is another nnumebr that is listed on their website: 876-929-4850-9

Good luck trying to get through. I tried for 2 hours yesterday with no luck. They will not reply to my e-mails either.

Please someone tell me when a family member is picking up packet 4 how is that done? Do they just ask for it refering to the case number? Is there any problem getting past security in the building?

I do not want to send this person all the way to Kingston if she will not be able to get in.

Darlene I am bot too sure if a family member can go and pick up the packet, however I will try to email them again today and ask, seeing that they answer my emails. Won't hurt to try.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

i had problems calling them as well!!! and when i did talk to a person i usually got disconected so what i said was hi i have been trying all day everytime i am put on hold i get disconnected so could you please help me all i want to know is our interview date or whatever question you have for them and i always got the answer! i also figured out that if you call a hlaf hour before they close you are more likely to get a hold of someone..good luck!!!

I could go on and on, that's why I have been in this business for 16 yrs and I don't need to advertise because of the many referrals that are sent to me.

It's funny you should say that because everytime someone on here mentions any sort of travel you are right there advertising your services :whistle:

well i am not going to get in the middle of this but usually kelly is just giving her advice when people have questions about travel ect..

Filed: Timeline

I could go on and on, that's why I have been in this business for 16 yrs and I don't need to advertise because of the many referrals that are sent to me.

It's funny you should say that because everytime someone on here mentions any sort of travel you are right there advertising your services :whistle:

whoa.... :whistle:

some useful info for those who are waitng on packet 3 or packet 4 i went to kingston last week tp pick up my pac 3 the embassy recived our case on the 18th an after waiting almost 2 weeks an nothing in the mail ( still have not got it in mail) i decided to go an get it my self i had no probs with security i jus told them wat i was there to do an they let me right thru an point me to the information window there wre quite a few ppl waitng i waited for a hour and a hlf b4 i got thru the lady at he window was very nie an helpful she gave me the pac an tell me i can fill out d230 part now an give it back if i have all the info or i can take it an mail it in since i was coming from 3 hrs away i was prepared i had read over a copy of it online so i had al the info ready an filled it out n gave it right back to her . now if u are coming from far a word of advice kill 2 birds with one stone make sure u have everything ready to apply for your police record an jus do it same t ime becuz u can wiat till the embassy sends out pac 4, and just pick up pac4 an ur police record on the same day ( n.b ur police rec takes 3-4 days express $2000 an 21 days regular $ 1000) my advice is to all do not i reapeat dont wait more than 2 weeks for ne of the packets to reach u snail mail becuz while i was waiting in line at he embassy i cant tell u how many person where ther becuz they missed their interview becuz thye got the letter late. hopemy info was helpful

Edited by SAVANPHILMAN

Timeline

thanks much savanhphilman,

This is very helpful. I will be sure to get my hubby to get the express PR.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Sounds like they got a new "info lady." :lol: Good for you!! Congratulations on jumping one step forward <without taking two steps back.> Did they tell you how long until your interview?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Sounds like they got a new "info lady." :lol: Good for you!! Congratulations on jumping one step forward <without taking two steps back.> Did they tell you how long until your interview?

yes its october 13th :dance: i call yesterday an they told me... my wife (savanphil) is very happy but im nervous , i wil pick up my police rec an pac 4 on friday

Edited by SAVANPHILMAN

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my advice is to all do not i reapeat dont wait more than 2 weeks for ne of the packets to reach u snail mail becuz while i was waiting in line at he embassy i cant tell u how many person where ther becuz they missed their interview becuz thye got the letter late. hopemy info was helpful

I agree 100%. Henry and I waited for the packet 3 to arrive in the mail. I was so afraid of pissing off embassy personnel that we never called or emailed....and so, the packet sat there for 3 weeks until Henry went to pick it up (thanks lenore for convincing us to just GO!). Of course, the embassy insisted that they had mailed it to Henry (big lie!).

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello-

Okay...so here is a copy of a post that Kelly (Luvtravlin) posted back in May 2006. It helped me tremendously to get through to the embassy........we picked up Packet 3 and 4 with no problems.......our case arrived in Kingston about 3 days after NVC confirmed that it had been sent...they send it via DHL so it gets to them the next day but they ususally take another day or so to log it into their system at Kingston.......As for a "friend" picking up packet 4 for you guys...I think I would call Kingston and make sure it will be okay before I sent someone all that way..........

Trust me...getting through on the phone was difficult but I was persistent and I called constantly for the entire 2 hours until I FINALLY got through to someone........stay patient.....it will happen for you...

so here it is:

You can only call between 1:30-3:30 T-F

Call 876-935-6000

Push 1 for visa services

Push 4 for immigrant visa section

Push 6 if you have a case number

Wait for the prompts, they will ask you to punch 1, 2, or 3 depending on the last name of your fiance. Push the appropriate number and wait.

FYI- when calling kingston , when it says to choose 1, 2,3 depending on your last name....ignore it. It doesn't matter what your name starts with. I have used all 3. I actually had the most luck when I dial 1 because I figured that most people were choosing 2. The woman that handle the phones are sitting in front of computers and all they do is type in your case number. If one line is continually busy, call back and switch numbers

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

this is # i use to call the embassy an get thru in less than 15mins everytime (876) 929 4850 to 9 if u get automated system dont press nething jus wait for a while an it will connect u to a person directly

Edited by SAVANPHILMAN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
this is # i use to call the embassy an get thru in less than 15mins everytime (876) 929 4850 to 9 if u get automated system dont press nething jus wait for a while an it will connect u to a person directly

Hi SAVANPHILMAN....... (L)(L)(L)(L)

Edited by Savanphil

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.