Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Damien is off work today so I should be sleeping in but can't. I'm going to watch Brokeback Mountain while Damien is sleep :P I don't want to hear his mouth.

You have to let me know how that movie is. I've been curious to see it but I don't dare tell Tony :P He has a fit at the video store when I joke around and tell him we're getting Brokeback Mtn. Or I'll say Tony, look there's your favorite movie! :lol: He gets to mad :whistle:

Tell me too, cause I would never ever hear the end of it, if i was to get caught watching it :no: My mother and her husband were watching it once when while we visited, He simply walked out of the house motioning me to come with him and sat out side for two hours and did not say a word to anyone. :huh:

The movie was okay...Damien woke up right in the middle of a disgusting love scene :o He basically walked in and out of the room cussing for the rest of the movie:( .

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop in to say hello. I haven't been on here in awhile. We just moved to the Virginia/D.C. area so we're trying to get settled and my husband is looking for a job.

I hope that all is well and I would like to catch up on everyone really soon!!

Take care!

Saundra ;)

Welcome to the area. Let me know if you need anything. Take care.

I've got a question..... I know this has happened to a few of you already, but I'm curious.

Have you discussed what happens when someone in his family passes away and what his expectations are of jumping on a place to attend the services?

I just told Roy that he will need to save himself $7,000 because there are only seven people who he would want to fly back to the island for.....and last minute it will probably cost $1,000 a pop.

Something to really think about....Damien's father and 4 brothers are still in JA...his mother lives in Aruba. He'll need to be there if anything happens.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I would not try to talk him out of anything....but....I have never been away from my family. Everyone lives here, near me (except for my sister). It's always been easy for me to take off work to go to a service. I guess this is just another "thing" we will have to deal with when it happens.

I am thankful that (right now) he is more concerned with school and work than going back to Jamaica to visit.

I'm only asking because.....his parents passed when he was a teenager. He only has his brothers and sisters on the island. He has a very close friend who got killed (very brutally) a few months ago...and he still hasn't gotten over it. He talks about it all the time....to the point of making me absolutely crazy. I think it's because he can't get any closure . He hasn't said anything about going back but I know that if he did he would feel much better and get the closure he is so desperately looking for......

I agree. It's really tough. I am really sorry for his loss.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Saundra..........nice to hear from you.

I would have no prblem with Paul going to a club for a bachelor party, I might end up being there too..... but he can go.

What is BrokeBack mountain? i guess this is a movie I should go and see..........

The movie is about a love affair between two gay cowboy lovers. It was nominated for Academy awards so I wanted to see what it was about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey-

Well.....you brought up some very interesting topics today.......Kelly....As for the bachelor party...Duane had one. Some of my good friends took him out and I trusted him and them......However, if he was going out with complete strangers...I think I would have a different take on it....I trust Duane but I would not feel really comfortable with the idea of strangers taking him out especially considering the comments they have been making to Craig at work......

Mindy...your question was very interesting too......we have not talked about this issue...he has a huge family.....9 brothers and sisters.....24 aunts and uncles and about 25 nieces and nephews....he would probably want to go back for all of them but money would be an issue AND his current status would not allow for it...so we need to wait to discuss this one until after AOS.......

Take care all!!!

Kim

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

NEW TOPIC ---

How do you guys feel about bachelor and bachelorette parties? If your man doesn't reeeally know anyone here, except for the guys he's been working with (for a short period of time and you don't know any of them).....do you support HIS decision if he wanted to go to a club/bar to have his bachelor party???

Any honest advise, opinions etc would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks!

Kelly

Neither one of us had one. Tony didn't know anyone except one person and I would have felt bad going out for the night and leaving him sitting home alone. Another JA/US couple I know had a combined party for the girls and the guys. I think they did dinner then went to a bar that also had pool tables and karoke - something for everyone. It was a good opportunity for him to meet all her friends and their husbands/boyfriends. My sister and her new hubby did a similar thing. Only difference is they rented a hall and had a DJ. Same concept though - girls and guys. Sort of a combined Bachelor/bachelorette party.

I know I personally would be uncomfortable having Tony go out with a group of guys I didn't even know and he hadn't even known for long. A lot of guys have different concepts of what should go on at a Bachelor party if you get my drift ;)

Watch out Beyonce and Shakira :lol:

:lol::devil::jest::P

What is BrokeBack mountain? i guess this is a movie I should go and see..........

Oh my gosh you've never heard of Brokeback Mountain?? :o It's a movie about 2 gay guys who fall in love with each other. That's why are Jamaican men refuse to watch it or go near it :whistle::innocent:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Of course, anytime anyone needs help with travel arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me!! I have direct access to all airlines all at one shot.

Thanks for reminding us AGAIN :whistle: Luckily Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Sidestep, and many other websites also have similar access for those of us less inclined to contact a travel agent :P Last time Tony went down for a funeral I got a ticket for less than $300 36 hours before he took off ;)

The movie was okay...Damien woke up right in the middle of a disgusting love scene :o He basically walked in and out of the room cussing for the rest of the movie:( .

Oh NO! :no: Bad timing!! Did he say anything? :unsure: I can just picture Tony's face if he would have done that :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Of course, anytime anyone needs help with travel arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me!! I have direct access to all airlines all at one shot.

Thanks for reminding us AGAIN :whistle: Luckily Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Sidestep, and many other websites also have similar access for those of us less inclined to contact a travel agent :P Last time Tony went down for a funeral I got a ticket for less than $300 36 hours before he took off ;)

Thanks for "your support" Rhonda....but I was letting the new folks that weren't aware that I am a travel agent and I am here to assist anyone with their travel needs. It's the personal service that my clients prefer rather than endless searching and searching on the internet and really not ever knowing what you're actually buying. In regards to finding airfare for the funeral, you didn't contact me to give me the chance to even help you.....

To provide you with some examples of my services...

I booked a client of mine (and his wife) airfare for their upcoming trip to San Diego (next week) in July, I have kept an eye out on the airfare for any possible decrease ....I was able to get their airline tickets cheaper and they now have a credit of $220 per person to use for future travel.

The very next day, I was able to save 2 couples that I have booked to go to Cancun $550.00 per couple because their package price went down.

Another client contacted me Friday and asked if I could "beat his already reserved $565.00 rate".....I was able to get the same type of vehile, same times etc for $408.00.

Yet another recent scenario ....I had been "watching" airfare for a client since March to Tortola, I have been emailing her every 2 weeks or so (or if I saw any significant rate changes) and she emailed back to let me know they jumped the gun and already booked their airfare through one of "those websites" but they paid $675.00 per person (6 couples) with a 5 hour layover!!...my rate was $452.00 per person and with a much shorter connection. That particular website won't even help her with the decrease and let them change to the better connection.

I am able to watch for schedule changes which the on-line agencies never provide to their customers or specifically any type of decrease in rates!

There are many perks to using a travel agency because of the discounts we acquire through our suppliers. When I watch and/or keep an eye out for decreases, this to is at no additional cost and is a service that I provide to all of my clients. There are no hidden fees or additional costs working with a travel agency, well at least my agency. Travel Agencies are paid by the supplier (i.e. hotel, car, vendor, cruise line, etc)....not by the clients themselves.

I could go on and on, that's why I have been in this business for 16 yrs and I don't need to advertise because of the many referrals that are sent to me. Yes, this business is very very up and down (just like the stock market, car sales, etc etc), but it's exciting and challenging and the perks for me are great as well!!

For those that have used (and still do) my services (from this site), I appreciate your continued support B)

Timeline

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful, blessed day!!

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Good morning.... (F)

I guess it just another one of "those things" that will come up that we weren't prepared for <let alone ever discuss before> Elizabeth, I agree with you 100% -- you WILL do whatever you have to do....just the thought makes me quiver.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

:ot:Here is something really out of left field......has anyone out there had any experience with a 'Utility Easement' on your property? :wacko:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
:ot:Here is something really out of left field......has anyone out there had any experience with a 'Utility Easement' on your property? :wacko:

Good evening everyone.

Sorry mindy I have never heard of such a thing. :no:

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful, blessed day!!

Thankyou and the same to you. I worked 3rd shift last night so I slept most of the day. -_-

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline

I would not try to talk him out of anything....but....I have never been away from my family. Everyone lives here, near me (except for my sister). It's always been easy for me to take off work to go to a service. I guess this is just another "thing" we will have to deal with when it happens.

I am thankful that (right now) he is more concerned with school and work than going back to Jamaica to visit.

I'm only asking because.....his parents passed when he was a teenager. He only has his brothers and sisters on the island. He has a very close friend who got killed (very brutally) a few months ago...and he still hasn't gotten over it. He talks about it all the time....to the point of making me absolutely crazy. I think it's because he can't get any closure . He hasn't said anything about going back but I know that if he did he would feel much better and get the closure he is so desperately looking for......

True I'm sorry for his loss. Maybe you could do a memorial service, maybe a candle light service.

Edited by Denden

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

I learned about it in school, but have no practical experience. Its basically where power company or cable company etc pay you for the right to walk across your land or put something on your land. If someone owned land/property before you did and agreed to an easement, you could inherit that easement when you buy the land/property.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mindy- Sorry for your hubbys friend lost I know it is very hard. Think of you guys at this time (F) .

Thanks for "your support" Rhonda....but I was letting the new folks that weren't aware that I am a travel agent and I am here to assist anyone with their travel needs. It's the personal service that my clients prefer rather than endless searching and searching on the internet and really not ever knowing what you're actually buying. In regards to finding airfare for the funeral, you didn't contact me to give me the chance to even help you.....

To provide you with some examples of my services...

I booked a client of mine (and his wife) airfare for their upcoming trip to San Diego (next week) in July, I have kept an eye out on the airfare for any possible decrease ....I was able to get their airline tickets cheaper and they now have a credit of $220 per person to use for future travel.

The very next day, I was able to save 2 couples that I have booked to go to Cancun $550.00 per couple because their package price went down.

Another client contacted me Friday and asked if I could "beat his already reserved $565.00 rate".....I was able to get the same type of vehile, same times etc for $408.00.

Yet another recent scenario ....I had been "watching" airfare for a client since March to Tortola, I have been emailing her every 2 weeks or so (or if I saw any significant rate changes) and she emailed back to let me know they jumped the gun and already booked their airfare through one of "those websites" but they paid $675.00 per person (6 couples) with a 5 hour layover!!...my rate was $452.00 per person and with a much shorter connection. That particular website won't even help her with the decrease and let them change to the better connection.

I am able to watch for schedule changes which the on-line agencies never provide to their customers or specifically any type of decrease in rates!

There are many perks to using a travel agency because of the discounts we acquire through our suppliers. When I watch and/or keep an eye out for decreases, this to is at no additional cost and is a service that I provide to all of my clients. There are no hidden fees or additional costs working with a travel agency, well at least my agency. Travel Agencies are paid by the supplier (i.e. hotel, car, vendor, cruise line, etc)....not by the clients themselves.

I could go on and on, that's why I have been in this business for 16 yrs and I don't need to advertise because of the many referrals that are sent to me. Yes, this business is very very up and down (just like the stock market, car sales, etc etc), but it's exciting and challenging and the perks for me are great as well!!

For those that have used (and still do) my services (from this site), I appreciate your continued support B)

Good to know :)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I could go on and on, that's why I have been in this business for 16 yrs and I don't need to advertise because of the many referrals that are sent to me.

It's funny you should say that because everytime someone on here mentions any sort of travel you are right there advertising your services :whistle:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.