Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NEW TOPIC ---

How do you guys feel about bachelor and bachelorette parties? If your man doesn't reeeally know anyone here, except for the guys he's been working with (for a short period of time and you don't know any of them).....do you support HIS decision if he wanted to go to a club/bar to have his bachelor party???

Any honest advise, opinions etc would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks!

Kelly

NEW TOPIC ---

How do you guys feel about bachelor and bachelorette parties? If your man doesn't reeeally know anyone here, except for the guys he's been working with (for a short period of time and you don't know any of them).....do you support HIS decision if he wanted to go to a club/bar to have his bachelor party???

Thanks!

Kelly

I guess that is safer than going to someone's house that he doesn't know well. He probably wants to go to a strip club.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NEW TOPIC ---

Thanks!

Kelly

I wouldn't have a problem. My crazy butt would probably help plan it and invite some of my friends....

.....do you support HIS decision if he wanted to go to a club/bar to have his bachelor party???

It all depends on how secure you are.....I would let Roy go and tell him to have fun.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NEW TOPIC ---

Thanks!

Kelly

Neither of us had a party and we don't go to clubs, but "hypothically speaking" I don't think I would mind if Henry did that. The night before our wedding I had no idea where he was or what he was doing. :o

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline
NEW TOPIC ---

Thanks!

Kelly

I had a nice bachelorette party. Squito was okay with it only because we assured him there would be NO stripper. He didn't really have a typical party tho his groomsmen took him out the night before the wedding.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to drop in to say hello. I haven't been on here in awhile. We just moved to the Virginia/D.C. area so we're trying to get settled and my husband is looking for a job.

I hope that all is well and I would like to catch up on everyone really soon!!

Take care!

Saundra ;)

It's so great to hear from you Saundra. Congrats on the move and I hope Dice finds a job soon. How hard was it to relocate? We're trying to make a big move too but it's difficult...

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can he get a divorce without being sent back to Jamaica on a K3 visa. Again, he has been here in the US for 1 year. Does he have to wait for anything? I know under a K1 visa he would have to go back, since it hasn't been the 3 years until permanent residency, but not sure about K3. Any advice? Or any suggestions? What should I tell him to look for on his papers to determine if he is okay???

Hey Lady,

Congrats on the successful InfoPass appt.

With regard to your friend, he is not okay unless AOS has been approved. The K3 is a two year visa. Once he has the EAD he can work. The EAD for a K3 is a two year EAD and usually expires the same day as the visa or thereabouts. So on that day if he has not adjusted status, he is out of status and would have to go back home. If he remained here, he would be doing so illegally.

And even then if they have filed AOS, they must appear together for the interview, with proof of joint accounts and other indicia of "a real marriage". Once AOS is approved and he gets the green card, it is still conditional permanent residence and they have to file to get the conditions lifted in two years. If they divorce before that, I am not sure what happens. Do a search in the green card forum and you may get a good answer; I know the subject has been posted ad nauseum.

So the question is, does he have his green card yet. Where are they in the AOS process?

Alright I will find this all out and get back to you all. Thanks much ladies!!

9/06/05 I-129F sent to Nebraska

01/27/06 Received VISA!!

01/28/06 Flew home to MSP!! (POE)

(To see details go to Our Story)

4/24/06 Mailed AOS package to Chicago

5/4/06 EAD Check Cashed

5/9/06 AOS Check Cashed!!!

6/30/06 Work Permit should have been here but mailman sent it back on accident.

9/07/06 InfoPass appointment to expedite new Work Permit and Fingerprints.

09/09/06 Fingerprints

10/01/06 EAD arrives

12/6/06 AOS Interview!! Done for 2 years.

10/22/08 Received I-751

10/24/08 Cashed check

10/29/08 Received NOA1

06/01/09 Permanent Green Card received and conditions Removed

WE ARE DONE!

I've got a question..... I know this has happened to a few of you already, but I'm curious.

Have you discussed what happens when someone in his family passes away and what his expectations are of jumping on a place to attend the services?

I just told Roy that he will need to save himself $7,000 because there are only seven people who he would want to fly back to the island for.....and last minute it will probably cost $1,000 a pop.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NEW TOPIC ---

Thanks!

Kelly

I don't have a problem with them. I don't care for male strippers (and to me it's more for comedy value than a turn on) and I trust him so no threat to me.

When we renew vows I guess we'll do all that stuff.

If you have a nagging feeling about your man having one then follow your gut and be honest with him about it.

I've got a question..... I know this has happened to a few of you already, but I'm curious.

Have you discussed what happens when someone in his family passes away and what his expectations are of jumping on a place to attend the services?

I just told Roy that he will need to save himself $7,000 because there are only seven people who he would want to fly back to the island for.....and last minute it will probably cost $1,000 a pop.

We haven't discussed it...I guess we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have not discussed it. But I think the expectations depend... if the USC is foreign-born, like me, you get so used to that a a part of life and you think its normal to "find that money somehow." Like when the phone rings at 3:00 am...you're like ok who's dead and when do I have to get on a plane? The airfare drama is something we had to get used to...Even with the bereavement discount the tickets are usually costly. When my uncle died in London, I paid for tickets for 3 relatives to go to London and it was close to $5,000 (they promised to pay me back by the time the Amex bill came). In situations where many folks in that family are in the US - they may send a "US representative" to the funeral. We see that in my family a lot....one person from US, one from Canada, one from UK.

Now if its the family matriarch or patriarch, we have to charter a plane. :o So I guess what I am saying is I would expect Henry to go home and I know he woulld not go home for just "any and everybody". LOL For me it's my sister and her kids. I would fly home if anything happened to them.

But you know when it gets expensive...ask any West Indian person, they will tell you it happens A LOT! - you get news that someone is sick and won't make it, you fly home, take a week off work, the person does NOT die, they might even get better. You have to get back to work so you leave and as you are in the blinkety blink air or as you land at your POE, the person dies and you have to purchase ANOTHER RT ticket and go back. If it's a parent or sibling or someone who raised you, you gotta go.....happens all the time.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

I would not try to talk him out of anything....but....I have never been away from my family. Everyone lives here, near me (except for my sister). It's always been easy for me to take off work to go to a service. I guess this is just another "thing" we will have to deal with when it happens.

I am thankful that (right now) he is more concerned with school and work than going back to Jamaica to visit.

I'm only asking because.....his parents passed when he was a teenager. He only has his brothers and sisters on the island. He has a very close friend who got killed (very brutally) a few months ago...and he still hasn't gotten over it. He talks about it all the time....to the point of making me absolutely crazy. I think it's because he can't get any closure. He hasn't said anything about going back but I know that if he did he would feel much better and get the closure he is so desperately looking for......

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: Timeline

We have not discussed it. But I think the expectations depend... if the USC is foreign-born, like me, you get so used to that a a part of life and you think its normal to "find that money somehow." Like when the phone rings at 3:00 am...you're like ok who's dead and when do I have to get on a plane? The airfare drama is something we had to get used to...Even with the bereavement discount the tickets are usually costly. When my uncle died in London, I paid for tickets for 3 relatives to go to London and it was close to $5,000 (they promised to pay me back by the time the Amex bill came). In situations where many folks in that family are in the US - they may send a "US representative" to the funeral. We see that in my family a lot....one person from US, one from Canada, one from UK.

Now if its the family matriarch or patriarch, we have to charter a plane. :o So I guess what I am saying is I would expect Henry to go home and I know he woulld not go home for just "any and everybody". LOL For me it's my sister and her kids. I would fly home if anything happened to them.

But you know when it gets expensive...ask any West Indian person, they will tell you it happens A LOT! - you get news that someone is sick and won't make it, you fly home, take a week off work, the person does NOT die, they might even get better. You have to get back to work so you leave and as you are in the blinkety blink air or as you land at your POE, the person dies and you have to purchase ANOTHER RT ticket and go back. If it's a parent or sibling or someone who raised you, you gotta go.....happens all the time.

ditto to everything you said!! (except the Amex part) :thumbs:

Timeline

We've discussed this scenarion a number of times, only because Craig thinks that "he" can get a deal because "I" am a travel agent...but that's not how it works, unfortunately. His mom is the only one that he thinks about constantly and calls her every Sunday. His sister is still there, but they aren't close. His father (which he's not close to) just arrived into the states last week along with his wife and their 2 kids. His brother is in Philly (yet to hook up with him due to all of our busy work schedules), 2 of his closest cousins and best friend live in New York and an Aunt lives in Canada. I've said to him though....that "if" anything were to happen, reality...we just don't have the funds for him to fly back....so he'll really need to "save". He doesn't get the jist of "saving" right now.

Of course, anytime anyone needs help with travel arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me!! I have direct access to all airlines all at one shot.

JAX, airlines don't give refunds (except for a death an immediate family member or passenger) ....they used to about 10 yrs ago. You can change your ticket (before the travel date) and pay $100 penalty (or $50...depends on the rule of the ticket you purchased). If there's a difference in the new airline ticket, you pay the penalty plus an additional collection. I have a really great Air Jamaica sales rep and I've asked for their help with extenuating (sp?)circumstances with a client and they wouldn't help....which is really unfortunate and lack of customer service on their part.

Thanks you guys, for your respones to my question. My issue is that "I" don't know any of these guys that he "might" go out with and from what he's told me some of the conversations they've been having at work....they are saying to him.... "can't believe you're getting married", "why the rush", "your still young", etc etc and then these guys want to take him out ??? If "I" knew them it would be a totally different scenario.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NEW TOPIC ---

Thanks!

Kelly

My bacherlorettte party was a girls day getting nails/manicures and get our makeup done. Then we ate Jamaica food and watched girlly movies. I got something nice and something naughty. The girls snuck into my house and decorated it with naughty and nice features. We did this because the only day everyone could get together was Sunday.

Dwain was taken out with his groosmen/friends and they went to the bobsled restrunt on the hipstrip. I didn't care and he came home earlier than I thought he would. It was 11pm and I ask why arent u still out and he said the bar closed and they all ran out of money :lol: . He wasn't even drunk I think he so big he can't get drunk. He said they all had fun.

There won't be another one for our renewing of the vows.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone!! Well, I've just come back from quite a nice break in the country (Sumter, SC)...I needed it, as I have recently begun my night classes AND started my internship AND work about 2 weeks ago...don't know what all I've missed, but I hope to catch up soon...I'm kinda tired and I think I'm going to go to bed now...Shemanya, I got your message yesterday, (not trying to ig you girl!! There are no towers down where my people live! :angry: ) Anyway, look to hear from me sometime this week! I hope we can link up soon! :D

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NEW TOPIC ---

Thanks!

Kelly

hhhmm kelly....i think i might have a problem with mike going out with guys i don't know or guys he has known for a very short time...not to be like his mother...but i would like to get to know his friends before he would start hitting the bars or clubs with them just to make sure they are good guys and that i can trust them...and that they aren't going to be doing stupid stuff...

just my take on it...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.