Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Well some good news my hubby just called and said he is pretty sure he has the gig with Mr. Vegas and should be flying out of the country soon. I sure hope this dream comes true for him. So I am thinking I should just go the CR1 route because of his touring time. I am just praying he isn't touring over the time I planned to visit because my plane ticket is already bought. We will see so very soon on this one.

ahahah

Pull up! :P

Seriously though Jax, what a great opportunity for Dwain! Good luck :thumbs:

I went to the gym this morning and decided to do something new...take a bellydancing class. Well, the instructor is Caribbean so she combined bellydancing with dancehall and soca dancing. We even did the dutty whine :blink: It was so much fun...hard work. Gotta go pratice my new moves......

That sounds like a lot of fun. I need to get a gym membership myself soon.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Saturday!!!

Jax - sorry to hear about your uncle. And congrats to hubby w/Mr. Vegas gig

I went to the gym this morning and decided to do something new...take a bellydancing class. Well, the instructor is Caribbean so she combined bellydancing with dancehall and soca dancing. We even did the dutty whine :blink: It was so much fun...hard work. Gotta go pratice my new moves......

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Wow that sounds like fun I wish we had a class like that at my gym or the park district. Too cool

Dwain called this morning he has the gig with Mr. Vegas so he wil be telling me his touring schedule he says he is leaving the rock for the first time in a couple of weeks. Wow I thought his first time to the USA would be with me but I guess not. He said Mr. Vegas isn't going to Chicago though :crying: Oh well he should have some serious fun and at least he has a job when he gets here and a little experience in the USA.

Oh I also told him what u gals said about getting pregant and being home sick and he said he wasn't a baby so he got real up set with me for rethink it. So we will see. He may not be even in the country the time I got to visit in December. I will have to figure that out when he gets the dates if I have to try to get some what of a refund and see if Air Jamaica does that. Time will tell. It would be real cool if I could fly out and see him for his first show in USA. I need to check out MR. Vegas home page.

Thanks for all the prayers about my uncle this is real hard. We are having a family dinner on my moms side tomorrow since he is getting wors and soon won't be able to leave home. I never want to get cancer and now I only have a short time left with my loved ones and I am worried about my aunt going into a major depression. Thanks Rhonda for sharing your experience of 2 losses right in a row I appricated that very much.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend the days are growing shorter to the warm weekend up here now.

One Luv

J (F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Dual Citzenship this is what my friend Dwayne H. told me to do...

u both can get what we call unconditional landing - which means u wont be given anytime to leave the country when u come here - u can get an endorsement in ur US passport to that effect

also u won't be hasseled bring goods in you will be able to bring items to your relatives hassle free

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry to hear of your news Jax......I will keep you in my prayers....also sounds like you have thought alot about the adjustment and I am sure everything will be great......

:ot:

I am filling out the I-485 form. I have a quick question and hope you can help.....sorry if it sounds dumb.....

The form asks for a "A #"........his passport number starts with A...is this what they are talking about?????Also.......it asks for current USCIS status???? We just got married but what is our status??? Also......it asks for I-94 number...is this the number pre-printed on the I-94 in his passport or the number hand written on the back on the I-94??? Also..the form asks for USCIS status expiration date....okay...I am lost.....HELP!!!!

Hi Kim,

The A# is usually the pre-assigned green card number, but I am not sure K1s get this number. You may have to check with Jonesie or Jamie. Henry was a K3 and has had an A# on everything; we first saw it on the NOA2 for the 1-130. It was also hand written on the back of the 1-94 by the POE officer. And indeed that will be his green card #.

Current status - I think you can go ahead and put married

Yes, I-94 number is the pre-printed number on the little white card

As for the expiration date - I am not sure...maybe date K1 expires.

Hope that helps.

My uncle just found out he has lung cancer. There is nothing they can do and the longest they give him is a month to live. .. Please keep us in your prayers.

One Luv (L)

Jax (F)

Jax,

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. You have our condolences and definitely will lift up your family in prayer for strength and courage at this time. (F)

On the good side, congrats to your talented music man on getting a gig. God works in mysterious ways, so this gig may go a long way in helping Dwain get acclimated to life stateside, so fewer shocks and bumps when he comes home to you. :yes:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can he get a divorce without being sent back to Jamaica on a K3 visa. Again, he has been here in the US for 1 year. Does he have to wait for anything? I know under a K1 visa he would have to go back, since it hasn't been the 3 years until permanent residency, but not sure about K3. Any advice? Or any suggestions? What should I tell him to look for on his papers to determine if he is okay???

Hey Lady,

Congrats on the successful InfoPass appt.

With regard to your friend, he is not okay unless AOS has been approved. The K3 is a two year visa. Once he has the EAD he can work. The EAD for a K3 is a two year EAD and usually expires the same day as the visa or thereabouts. So on that day if he has not adjusted status, he is out of status and would have to go back home. If he remained here, he would be doing so illegally.

And even then if they have filed AOS, they must appear together for the interview, with proof of joint accounts and other indicia of "a real marriage". Once AOS is approved and he gets the green card, it is still conditional permanent residence and they have to file to get the conditions lifted in two years. If they divorce before that, I am not sure what happens. Do a search in the green card forum and you may get a good answer; I know the subject has been posted ad nauseum.

So the question is, does he have his green card yet. Where are they in the AOS process?

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Alright everyone. We went to our InfoPass appt. We had an amazingly wonderful and very nice Immigration official. She joked with us and was for real! Well it seems that there is no reason that they never resent our letter. She said she saw all the calls that I made and no one did their job. So she was making sure it was all expedited. She also said that we will receive all letters at the same time. she said work permit etc is all in order! So this was a huge relief, but I wanted to just flip when I found out that those agents on the phone just didnt feel like doing their job!!! Anyway, this is good news. So hopefully they will come next week.

Now new question for you all:

I have a friend who is married to a US citizen here. They did the K3 Marriage Visa originally. Now he has been in the US for 1 year. His US citizen wife is a controlling witch from hellllllllllllllllllllll. He is terribly unhappy and I feel so bad for him. She never lets him go anywhere, takes his pay checks etc. I mean the man has been here for 1 year and never been out to a club, social gathering etc....not once!!!!!!!!! I am not very familiar with the K3 visa so I have some questions. ANYWAY....

Can he get a divorce without being sent back to Jamaica on a K3 visa. Again, he has been here in the US for 1 year. Does he have to wait for anything? I know under a K1 visa he would have to go back, since it hasn't been the 3 years until permanent residency, but not sure about K3. Any advice? Or any suggestions? What should I tell him to look for on his papers to determine if he is okay???

Did they already file for AOS ??

Jax- I will keep you and your family in my prayers

Yes they did

Alright everyone. We went to our InfoPass appt. We had an amazingly wonderful and very nice Immigration official. She joked with us and was for real! Well it seems that there is no reason that they never resent our letter. She said she saw all the calls that I made and no one did their job. So she was making sure it was all expedited. She also said that we will receive all letters at the same time. she said work permit etc is all in order! So this was a huge relief, but I wanted to just flip when I found out that those agents on the phone just didnt feel like doing their job!!! Anyway, this is good news. So hopefully they will come next week.

Now new question for you all:

I have a friend who is married to a US citizen here. They did the K3 Marriage Visa originally. Now he has been in the US for 1 year. His US citizen wife is a controlling witch from hellllllllllllllllllllll. He is terribly unhappy and I feel so bad for him. She never lets him go anywhere, takes his pay checks etc. I mean the man has been here for 1 year and never been out to a club, social gathering etc....not once!!!!!!!!! I am not very familiar with the K3 visa so I have some questions. ANYWAY....

Did they already file for AOS ??

Jax- I will keep you and your family in my prayers

Yes they did

Hi ladies, I am here maaaaaad late tonight,

Jamaicagyaldat- How far along in the AOS process are they?

I just saw that Elizabeth gave you a more detailed answer, she is right on point. :thumbs:

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

Well we are going with CR-1 sounds like less work and no hassle for 2 years.

:help: Does anyone know if Dwain can travel to the states to work why the visa is going on? He will have a work visa for MR. Vegas. Just curious.

Thanks Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

That's awesome! I've always wanted to try belly-dancing. Let me know how you like it. Be careful w/ that Dutty Wine :dance::devil: I pulled a muscle in my neck doing it in Jamaica at Margaritaville :o It hurt for 3 days :unsure::crying:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm just finishing up here at work :( ready to go home and go to bed. This shift is for the birds.

Has anyone heard from Jamie or Joanna lately? :unsure: What about ricardoswife (Myisha)? Isn't she due soon?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm stuck at work as usual :ranting:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Good morning.

Shamanya- I see you down there, I see I've got company so early this morning.

You too Rhonda. Still at work?

Yes, unfortunately. I'm leaving in a few minutes. It's been sooooo quiet in here today/tonight :hehe:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning.

Shamanya- I see you down there, I see I've got company so early this morning.

You too Rhonda. Still at work?

Good morning. I have no idea why I'm up so early. Damien is off work today so I should be sleeping in but can't. I'm going to watch Brokeback Mountain while Damien is sleep :P I don't want to hear his mouth.

Trying to find something to do today....outside because the weather is really nice.

Filed: Timeline
Dwain called this morning he has the gig with Mr. Vegas so he wil be telling me his touring schedule he says he is leaving the rock for the first time in a couple of weeks. Wow I thought his first time to the USA would be with me but I guess not. He said Mr. Vegas isn't going to Chicago though :crying: Oh well he should have some serious fun and at least he has a job when he gets here and a little experience in the USA.

Oh I also told him what u gals said about getting pregant and being home sick and he said he wasn't a baby so he got real up set with me for rethink it. So we will see. He may not be even in the country the time I got to visit in December. I will have to figure that out when he gets the dates if I have to try to get some what of a refund and see if Air Jamaica does that. Time will tell. It would be real cool if I could fly out and see him for his first show in USA. I need to check out MR. Vegas home page.

Wow that is so huge!! Congratulations to Dwain. I'm sure you'll catch him on tour. Are you still going to JA in December? If not, can you use your time off to visit him on tour?

Yeah, that's why I said earlier that everyone has to do what's right for their family. Folks will say 'why didn't you wait' or 'what are you waiting for' or you're to this or too that or not enough this or...whatever. On this thread I've only come across one person whom I would consider 'naive' and that person hasn't posted in a very, very long time. I think the rest of us mature enough to make decisions that are right for our own families circumstances. So if we make decisions that turn out to be wrong(which I'm sure we all have done at one time or another in our lives irregardless of age or life experience) then we have to live with the consequences. Not anyone else.

I certainly appreicate everyone's input and experiences because I sincerely believe that they are trying to help prepare for what's ahead; which I consider invaluable. But at the end of the day like I said before; do your own thing. I'd rather have regrets for a decision that I made rather than regrets for decision that someone else has made for me.

Hello everyone,

I'm just finishing up here at work :( ready to go home and go to bed. This shift is for the birds.

Has anyone heard from Jamie or Joanna lately? :unsure: What about ricardoswife (Myisha)? Isn't she due soon?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm stuck at work as usual :ranting:

Rhonda get some rest. How's Tony doing? Did he find something yet?

I have not heard from Jamie or Joanna or Myisha-although I did PM her to see if she had the baby yet. She has not responded yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All!!

Just checking in to say hi!! We had a very BIG day yesterday.......Duane cut off ALL his hair..........YIKES!!! Actually...it looks really good. :yes::yes:

Duane has had really long hair since I met him and he has had braids for years...it was getting really hard to keep it up....everyone wanted to charge us $ 65 every two weeks and when we finally found someone who would do it for $35.00 we had to travel 1 hour to get it done....plus...I was having to take them out and blow dry his hair...it was getting OLD!!!! So....he has a new fresh look and he really looks good and clean cut!!! Just the kinda look that will help him get a job soon........... :D:D

Anyways....things are better....we found a doctor to fill out the vaccination supplement yesterday for $50.00. He was a nice doctor and far better than some of these other doctors that were trying to charge us $300.00.....They kept telling us that he needed a varicella vaccination and since Duane alreay had chicken pox......we were reallly getting screwed....this doctor yesterday was great and did not make him take the vaccination since he did not need it.....

So.....I am getting ALL of the final paperwork together to mail the AOS/EAD tomorrow......Hopefully...it will move fast...we will be back in the waiting game again and checking that stupid USCIS website everyday!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.