6,588 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey all,

Congratulate me...somehow, in the last few posts, I didnt even notice but I became a GOLD MEMBER!

Wooooo!

Well, hell! How did THAT happen???!!!! :lol::lol: Just kidding. Congrats on moving up the VJ posting food chain!! :thumbs:

Ha ha ha. I really dont know, I mean, I have been a member an all since like June of 2005, and I GUESS my posts are too long or somethin! :lol: I have to tell it all at once!

Anyhow, congrats, m'girl. And to Henry too!

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Me come ere feh come mek de big 'nouncement and nobady nah deh ah yahd! Ah weh unuh?

Anyway............WE WERE APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!! WE ARE DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! I AM REALLY REALLY RELIEVED AND GRATEFUL!! (Insert all the various dutty wines here) :lol::lol:

I'll come back later with a little report. It lasted a hot 5 minutes!! No worries. Very straight forward.

Stamp in passport and she said card should arrive within a few weeks. :luv::D:star::thumbs:

Congratulations on your journey coming to an end at least for the paper work :dance::dance::dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Me come ere feh come mek de big 'nouncement and nobady nah deh ah yahd! Ah weh unuh?

Anyway............WE WERE APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!! WE ARE DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! I AM REALLY REALLY RELIEVED AND GRATEFUL!! (Insert all the various dutty wines here) :lol::lol:

I'll come back later with a little report. It lasted a hot 5 minutes!! No worries. Very straight forward.

Stamp in passport and she said card should arrive within a few weeks. :luv::D:star::thumbs:

Congratulations on your journey coming to an end at least for the paper work :dance::dance::dance:

I so wanted to scratch a match to all the files and papers as soon as we got into that parking lot!!!! :yes:

We have two small pieces of paperwork left...Henry has to go file for an updated social sec card (which says he can only use it for work if he has EAD or work authorization) and updated drivers license, which says temporary visitor. So when Dwain comes up Jax, you'll have to remember to do that as a K3.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

I so wanted to scratch a match to all the files and papers as soon as we got into that parking lot!!!! :yes:

We have two small pieces of paperwork left...Henry has to go file for an updated social sec card (which says he can only use it for work if he has EAD or work authorization) and updated drivers license, which says temporary visitor. So when Dwain comes up Jax, you'll have to remember to do that as a K3.

Thanks for the heads up ELizabeth so a few more things to do hmm. Well I hope I remember that I am horrible at that. I hope your still here to remind me :lol: ahhh I will need your help.

oh boy I just noticed I forgot to put the word none on my G 325 Form for former husbands and then I forgot the address to the places I work. Then at the top is says where u where born and on my hubbies I put maypen, calderon and forgot Jamaica boy I am so brainless I hope I dont get a cranky inspector and they send it back ugh that would be the pits. My brain is fried I guess getting back into the swing of work and the kids tonight at parents night was fabolus organized caos??? hmm whatever like 200 of them for 8 of us my head hurts for sure bed time. I am serious I never remember anything I tell my kids to remind me more than once or I will forgot its terrible lossing it :whistle::whistle::lol:

Totaly time fore bed!!

One luv

nite nite

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

WE WERE APPROVED!!!!

Yippee :dance::D CONGRATS!!!

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All!!!

Congratz Elizabeth and Nanny!!!! I am sooo happy for you!! :dance::dance:

Also....very happy to see that Kelly and Craig have a date set......I am really excited for you both!!!

I think Elizabeth is correct....we are filing the AOS next week. We have all the paperwork ready but the damn vaccination supplement is slowing us down.........

Things have been crazy over in this "neck of the woods"...I was reading and catching up and saw the little conversation about Jax wanting to get pregnant......I kept shaking my head and praying that she will wait......Not because I don't think this is your choice but because of what me and Duane are going through over here. Don't get me wrong...our relationship is great but the homesickness and lifestyle adjustment is HARD!!!!

Streets are not familar, food is not familiar, friends are far away, no family support system (except me), no work, no kids, can't go out freely........all these things have been taken from our husbands when they arrive in the States and it takes TIME to adjust. I think the added stress of starting a family would be absolutely horrible on our relationship at this point. We need to get him grounded and familiar before we start thinking about expanding our family.....It is hard.......they are completely your responsibility until they get some grounding and it is VERY hard to sit and watch your loved one cry because they miss Jamaica and their family. So......that is kinda why I have been distant the last few days and I KNOW all of you have gone through this before me so you can relate.........just hold us in your prayers because my "Boo" is hurting and it is very hard to sit back and watch.........

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline
good evening everyone....

well another day of hell...counting down the days till i am gone!!!

michelle i am so glad to hear your man is doing better!!! when is going to come to the states???

Sorry to hear about your day. Lately my days at work have been like that too.

Well Shauna, I've been battling some of my own issues (within myself) which is not fair to Tristan or my true feelings, but I just have to bust down those issues and do the damned thing. Some here know what my issue is and have been very supportive and encouraging and I want to let them know that I am moving forward instead of being paralyzed with fear. So I want to give a special thanks to Shemanya, Dru, Mindy, Kelly and especially Lee (who is AWOL) and others who have at times basically held my hand at different times throughout. Everyone :star: here has been encouraging and have enlightened me on many things-especially the cultural differences-which I mistakenly thought I was up on. So anyway to make a long story short (it is Friday afterall B) ) I will be filing very, very soon.

Kim I know that just about everyone here said that their spouse had a hard time adjusting at first but eventually adapted. When I left my hometown I moved about 20 miles away and I was severely homesick :hehe: . I finally moved back to the area. So I can't even imagine the pain and culture shock of missing family and especially if they left children behind; for anyone who has made such a move as Duane and other hubbies have made. I'm sure that the newness wears off quick and reality sets in even quicker. Hang in there.

Good morning and happy Friday B)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

michelle i am so glad to hear your man is doing better!!! when is going to come to the states???

Well Shauna, I've been battling some of my own issues (within myself) which is not fair to Tristan or my true feelings, but I just have to bust down those issues and do the damned thing. Some here know what my issue is and have been very supportive and encouraging and I want to let them know that I am moving forward instead of being paralyzed with fear. So I want to give a special thanks to Shemanya, Dru, Mindy, Kelly and especially Lee (who is AWOL) and others who have at times basically held my hand at different times throughout. Everyone :star: here has been encouraging and have enlightened me on many things-especially the cultural differences-which I mistakenly thought I was up on. So anyway to make a long story short (it is Friday afterall B) ) I will be filing very, very soon.

michelle....you are a smart and strong woman!! you will know when the time is right!!!

kim i am here if you need to chat!!

Timeline
Hello All!!!

Also....very happy to see that Kelly and Craig have a date set......I am really excited for you both!!!

I think Elizabeth is correct....we are filing the AOS next week. We have all the paperwork ready but the damn vaccination supplement is slowing us down.........

Things have been crazy over in this "neck of the woods"...I was reading and catching up and saw the little conversation about Jax wanting to get pregnant......I kept shaking my head and praying that she will wait......Not because I don't think this is your choice but because of what me and Duane are going through over here. Don't get me wrong...our relationship is great but the homesickness and lifestyle adjustment is HARD!!!!

Streets are not familar, food is not familiar, friends are far away, no family support system (except me), no work, no kids, can't go out freely........all these things have been taken from our husbands when they arrive in the States and it takes TIME to adjust. I think the added stress of starting a family would be absolutely horrible on our relationship at this point. We need to get him grounded and familiar before we start thinking about expanding our family.....It is hard.......they are completely your responsibility until they get some grounding and it is VERY hard to sit and watch your loved one cry because they miss Jamaica and their family. So......that is kinda why I have been distant the last few days and I KNOW all of you have gone through this before me so you can relate.........just hold us in your prayers because my "Boo" is hurting and it is very hard to sit back and watch.........

I am sure it is hard to adjust and it sounds like it has not been easy for Duane. I hope it will get better for you guys soon Kim. (F)

Your in my prayers all the best for u guys.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello All!!!

Good morning family.

The adjustment part is very HARD. Every couple relationship and situations are different. I honestly couldn't imagine my husband leaving his children behind in JA...I can't help but to think about those children...

Damien have been here almost two years and we are still adjusting...mainly to each other. Luckily he doesn't have a problem with homesickness but we still have issues. Last weekend I felt like "What the hell did I get myself into??" then we talked everything out for two days. It goes both ways - my life haven't been the same since I filed the K-1 application two years ago. Still I have no regrets........would do it all over again in a heartbeat. But it takes lots of praying and patience. I'll keep you and Duane in my prayers :luv:.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kim I know that just about everyone here said that their spouse had a hard time adjusting at first but eventually adapted. When I left my hometown I moved about 20 miles away and I was severely homesick :hehe: . I finally moved back to the area. So I can't even imagine the pain and culture shock of missing family and especially if they left children behind; for anyone who has made such a move as Duane and other hubbies have made. I'm sure that the newness wears off quick and reality sets in even quicker. Hang in there.

Good luck to you Michele :thumbs: We are behind you 100% ;)

Timeline

The adjustment part is very HARD. Every couple relationship and situations are different. I honestly couldn't imagine my husband leaving his children behind in JA...I can't help but to think about those children...

Damien have been here almost two years and we are still adjusting...mainly to each other. Luckily he doesn't have a problem with homesickness but we still have issues. Last weekend I felt like "What the hell did I get myself into??" then we talked everything out for two days. It goes both ways - my life haven't been the same since I filed the K-1 application two years ago. Still I have no regrets........would do it all over again in a heartbeat. But it takes lots of praying and patience. I'll keep you and Duane in my prayers :luv:.

I second this ....about the adjustment. Craig is getting better every day. Communication is KEY and it's gotta be CONSTANT communication!!! He came home last night, seemed frustrated....he literally sat on the toilet (not going to the bathroom), and I sat out in the hall and we just shot the s**t. They are jackin him up with his pay and I've tried to help, but he wants to handle it on his own....but...is afraid to go in and talk with "the big guy". He gets paid today, so we'll see what happens.

Craig misses Jamaica, but he said just that it's not so restrictive. He doesn't "miss" the food as much as I really thought he would. He can't WAIT to go on "vacation". I keep telling him once with get through this next part and he's settled into his job, we'll start really traveling and taking advantage of my travel benefits.

Dr. Keith Ablow was on a commercial last night and he said, If you can't imagine your life withOUT your significant other....tell them. I looked at Craig and said, Craig....I seriously couldn't imagine my life withOUT you.

Michele, when the time is right...you will definitely know. Relationships are HARD, but if you work on them and not take each other for granted and I'm tellin ya....communication!!!! It will work out.

Soccer "season" starts....1st game in VA this weekend, but thank god it's not an early one....so we're going to see Jahworks (local Reggae band -www.jahworks.com) tomorrow night. We haven't gone out since he got here and we're WAY overdue !

Have a great weekend everyone! Cheers :star:

Hi guys....just quickly checking in. I have been so busy at work....and it has totally spilled over into my personal (VJ) time :o

One word that sums up the adjustment: SUCKIE

You really don't think it is so bad until it happens to you. You say, "Oh, we are going to be different." NOT!! I don't think it matters where you came from. Whether you are the man or the woman who is coming to America....it's all the same. The boredom can kill them and knock down their self-esteem to the lowest of low levels. And, if "you" are leaving children behind.....OY VEY!!

I think the only thing that saved me and Roy from not killing each other was the dogs...honestly. He had three knuckleheads to keep him company every day when I was at work.

Then comes school. I think it is so important to try to get "them" enrolled in something ASAP. It gave Roy something to look forward to. That's what's really important. They need to have a sense of "meaning." Cleaning the house and cooking just ain't gonna cut it.....especially for six months. Been there, done that!! :yes:

Oh yeah, and don't forget about transportation. Roy doesn't have his drivers license yet.....but he sure is putting tons of mileage on his bike. We already had to replace the tires -- and we just bought the darn thing in April.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good mornig all, I am gonna catch up but before I do could someone remind me is it possible for my hubby to go to the Kingston Embassy to pick up Packet 3? - it still has not arrived as of yet.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.