Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
GIRLS HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ME!!!

Alright I am stuck here. We filed AOs and EAD from a K-1 visa. Well they sent us our original receipt letters which were sent back by mailman on accident. (We didnt put our new last name on mail box) ( I live in apartment). Anyway, we got that fixed. Now we have asked the 1-800-375-3283 number to resend them since June 8th. We still have not received the letters. I have the MSC numbers from the back of the checks, but no letters and no EAD letter to get fingerprinted etc. Today, they say that we are in the system at the Missouri Service Center to have the letter sent again to get fingerprinted but we just have to wait! I said we've been waiting 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! So she said JUST WAIT SOME MORE. These people are rude. Anyway, do you think I can contact anyone else to help? Any suggestions. Im sort of freaking out! She also said its at Missouri Service Center waiting to be assigned. Well that means its been waiting for 3 months. Im about ready to throw a fit and Oneil wants to go to work.

Anyone anyone???

Can you make an info pass apponitment????

i called the emabassy and.........

OCTOBER 30th @ 7:15am

:dance::dance::dance:

it is a little far off!!! i wish it was this month....but i will take anything!!

Congrats :dance:

We got a HUGE electric bill last month -- Roy got a "tiny" check from Target that only would pay about 50% of the bill -- he handed me his whole check and said, "put this to the bill." It was sweet.....but.....he too feels bad that he can't contribute how much he wants to. All in due time.....then he can have it ALL!! :lol::dance:

How sweet :luv:

Would you say this is the most difficult part of the entire visa process, when they finally get here and are unable to work?

Depends on how patient your man is. We talked and he's over yesterday's disappointment and now ready to move on to the next interview. He's seeing that life here in the States isn't as easy as he thought it would be. Thank goodness he has school (and digital cable) to keep him occupied

I agree It depends on your man. Having to depend on me for support is very difficult for him. He's dealing with it. he gives back ten fold in love and support, I remind him. Jonesie.... he's the same, he deals with one disappointment gets over it ready for the next, nothing gets him down. Leaving his daughter was a major disappointment :( As soon as he gets his papers...ready to deal with that as well!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i called the emabassy and.........

OCTOBER 30th @ 7:15am

:dance::dance::dance:

it is a little far off!!! i wish it was this month....but i will take anything!!

congrats nannygirl :dance::thumbs:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What is everyone up to during this 3 day weekend.

I am stuck at home with a cold. I have managed to pick up kid germs already. My friends and I will watch my wedding DVD tonight and that is about it. I feel so slow and tired this bug has got me down.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am stuck at home with a cold. I have managed to pick up kid germs already. My friends and I will watch my wedding DVD tonight and that is about it. I feel so slow and tired this bug has got me down.

Sorry you are not feeling well. Your wedding picture should be a real pick up. The weather was nice here although we cancelled travel plans for the weekend.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was approached with this question today. I was informing myfriend that I am awaitng packet 3 from the embassy in Jamaica and she said said that, suppose that at this late stage of things the marriage don't work how would one go about canceling the visa petition.

I intern said that the best thing to do would be to call the embassy and tell them to not schedule an appointment and then call USCIS here and inform them of you canceling/withdrawing the petition. I hope I told her the correct thing. Is this how you would go about it?

good night ladies

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Timeline

I hope you feel better Jax.

Timeline
Sorry you are not feeling well. Your wedding picture should be a real pick up. The weather was nice here although we cancelled travel plans for the weekend.
I hope you feel better Jax.

Thanks Ann and Michele.. At least I have a 3 day weekend to get over it and not miss work due to it.

Ann sorry to hear about your travel plans. Is there another weekend that you can go? Or is Labor day the only big weekend u both have off?

Going back to bed been sleeping on and off.

Night all...

The new pic by my name is the flowers of my wedding arch. I just adored the wedding arch flowers they were so nice. I sure couldn't of got these types of flowers in the midwest.

Okay now I am going..

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Hi Kim! I see you down there. How are you feeling? How are Bren and Chris doing? They are so beautiful too!!

We are fine, thanx for asking. Just a little sleep deprived. We are trying to get the twins on the same schedule for feeding but Brenden (the bigger baby) doesnt want to eat as often as Christopher so we are running into a bit of a problem.

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hope you feel better (L)

sooo how are ALL the likkle babies and mommies doing???

This baby and mommy are doing great :thumbs: Having a great time getting to know each other.

Kimone - how are you and the babies? Elias is enough to keep me busy, I can't imagine having two :o I hope all is well with your new little family (L)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Kimone - how are you and the babies? Elias is enough to keep me busy, I can't imagine having two :o I hope all is well with your new little family (L)

Oh......you have no idea how busy we are being kept... We are fine, just a little sleep deprived. I have a good support group here. My friends and family have been very helpful. My Mom took off work to come and stay with us all week. And my boss and his wife have twins and she has even volunteered to babysit for us whenever we want to get away. Other than living on little sleep, we're good!

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Timeline
jax sorry to hear that you are not feeling well!!!

Thanks I am feeling better been sleeping like crazy. I am ready for the family barbeque tomorrow.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.