Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ladies-

Okay...I have some time now to give you all the appointment details......Duane has been busy painting all day. We went to about 20 artngalleries in the last couple days and he says seeing all that work has sparked a fire in him that he has not had in a longggggggg time. He is eager to get his work exposed......

Anyways......here it goes:

We stayed at the Hilton in Kingston......woke up at 4:00am and arrived at the embassy at 5:00am. We were third in line and since we had a 7:15 appointment, we wanted to get in early. (We were glad we arrived early because about 1 hour later, the line was down the street and around the corner!!!!!!) They opened teh gate at 6:45am and we walked into a line that looked like a disneyland line........Then they had us go one by one through the metal detecter and place our things on a x-ray scanner (just like the airport).......Then they had us sit up front. All folks with appointment letters sat up front and all folks without appointments were placed in the back. We waited about 15 minutes and then they asked us to head up the stairs and place our appointmnet letters in a pile in window 1. Then, we waited about 1/2 hour and we heard them call our name to window 5. The lady was european. She asked us for all our paperwork including my tax returns for teh last 3 years. After looking at my tax returns, she asked me for my letter from my employer and my paystubs. I gave her all of that. Duane then asked her if she wanted any other info and she laughed and told him that she would ask if she needed anything else. She handed us his x-ray and told him that he will need to bring it when he travels to the United States. Then, she told us to have a seat and we wuld be called for our interview shortly.

10 minutes later, we got called to window 11. A really young blonde girl asked us to raise our right hands and she swore us in. Then she haned Duane some forms to sign. She then asked him to write my full name and sign his name under mine and instructed him to get NO HELP from me. (Okay....Duane was sooooo nervous at this point that he mis-spelled my last name) I was soooooo worried but then I looked down and noticed that he mis-spelled his name too!!!!! Poor baby...his hand was shaking!!!!

She enver even noticed....She asked him to explain how we met, asked him if he ever met any of my family. Then she asked me how I feel about his kids and if we were going to petition for them in the future. She then asked Duane why he wanted to marry me. He told he that we were in love and we wanted to share our life together. She then said....no.....WHY do you love Kim???? She asked when we were going to get married and when I gave her the date, she asked what day of the week that was on. I answered and then she asked Duane if he ever traveled off the Island. Then she asked him to place his finger on the fingerprint scanner. After that...she started looking through the papers and she said......well...your medical and police report look great.......Kim makes enough money to support you and everything else looks great so you are approved. She then said "congrats to both of you"!!!! Duane pulled me and kissed me......She started smiling and said...."Congrats...I am really happy for both of you".

We then walked over to airpak and paid the $8.00. We got bck to the hotel...slept for a few hours and headed back to Ochi........Our experience at the Miami airport was really smooth. The guy at immigration was laughing and joking with us. He finger printed Duane. He took the big brown envelope and asked us to follow him into another room. Another guy flipped through our packet, stamped some forms...placed the I-94 into Duanes passport and told him that we need to get married within 90 days. He welcomed Duane into the United States and we were off.

So.....now we are off to the next stage......... I just have a few questions:

Whne can Duane go get his Social Security card??? When can he go to DMV for his identification card? Also...............how long before the EAD comes in the mail after we get married??? We are getting married at the courthouse on August 17th but our big wedding is next August........

So....this was our experience....we just hope and pray that our AOS runs just as smooth!!!

Well....we are off to the baseball game..........take care everyone!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Well, I just got some bad news. Tony's baby mama just called and told him that his 3 year old son is very sick :( She took him to the hospital and they admitted him overnight. He has some kind of fever - never heard of it before. Tony is so worried and I'm worried too and I feel so bad that he can't be down there with him. We are going to send her some money tomorrow morning to help cover the doctor bills. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry. After our recent scare I know exactly how you and Tony feel about not being able to see your loved one in person while they are sick. I hope Tony's son gets better soon. Your family will definintely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Things are going great still....no problems at all over here in Cali......Knowing Duane..... I did not expect any

major issues though......he is pretty easy going....he eats anything I give him and loves most of the food.....he is eager to work and wants to get started painting immediately....we are getting along better than ever so I hope things remain this smooth after I start back to work.....

I will give you more details on the interview later....I know Shar and Jax have questions so I will give you the blow by blow run down tomorrow.....we are headed to the San Francisco Giants baseball game tomorrow.......it should be HOT and fun!!!!

Kim it's nice to hear that Duane is adapting well. What's his favorite American food? Does he like baseball? It should be fun. Have a good time.

Shauna-you're on your way!

Have a good weekend everyone.

So far....his favorite food is:

Kung Pao Shrimp with fried rice and chow mein

Crab Louie Salad

Chicken Tacos

Fettacine (Sp ????) Alfredo with grilled Chicken

He said he does not have one favorite because he seems to love everything that I have given him.

He has never seen any American Baseball but he loves Crickett and he loves US Basketball. This wll be a new experience for him to go the the Giants Game so I will let you know how it went!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

anyway happy weekend to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for me i am working :(:(

Don't feel bad girl, I'm stuck at work too :angry: Today and Sunday :crying: I only got to see my boo for a couple hours today. I want a "normal" job - Mon thru Friday, 8 hours a day, and NO weekends! Is that too much to ask? :innocent:

ME TOO!!!! :yes::yes:

at least the extra pay is helping with bills ect....but it just sucks....i feel like i have NO life.....

I totally agree with you about the having no life thing :yes: Imagine working all these hours with your honey sitting at home and you just want to spend time with him :( Are you still doing the Nanny thing? Are the parents gone for the weekend or something?

yes..the mom makes jewlery so she has a lot of shows some retail and some wholesale shows...so this is her busy season and the father goes with her to help set up ect..and sometime he doesn't but he likes to do his own things so i am asked to work over time which is fine...but it is gonna suck a lot when mike is here and i am sure i will be feeling the same way..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We stayed at the Hilton in Kingston......woke up at 4:00am and arrived at the embassy at 5:00am. We were third in line and since we had a 7:15 appointment, we wanted to get in early. (We were glad we arrived early because about 1 hour later, the line was down the street and around the corner!!!!!!) They opened teh gate at 6:45am and we walked into a line that looked like a disneyland line........Then they had us go one by one through the metal detecter and place our things on a x-ray scanner (just like the airport).......Then they had us sit up front. All folks with appointment letters sat up front and all folks without appointments were placed in the back. We waited about 15 minutes and then they asked us to head up the stairs and place our appointmnet letters in a pile in window 1. Then, we waited about 1/2 hour and we heard them call our name to window 5. The lady was european. She asked us for all our paperwork including my tax returns for teh last 3 years. After looking at my tax returns, she asked me for my letter from my employer and my paystubs. I gave her all of that. Duane then asked her if she wanted any other info and she laughed and told him that she would ask if she needed anything else. She handed us his x-ray and told him that he will need to bring it when he travels to the United States. Then, she told us to have a seat and we wuld be called for our interview shortly. 10 minutes later, we got called to window 11. A really young blonde girl asked us to raise our right hands and she swore us in. Then she haned Duane some forms to sign. She then asked him to write my full name and sign his name under mine and instructed him to get NO HELP from me. (Okay....Duane was sooooo nervous at this point that he mis-spelled my last name) I was soooooo worried but then I looked down and noticed that he mis-spelled his name too!!!!! Poor baby...his hand was shaking!!!!She enver even noticed....She asked him to explain how we met, asked him if he ever met any of my family. Then she asked me how I feel about his kids and if we were going to petition for them in the future. She then asked Duane why he wanted to marry me. He told he that we were in love and we wanted to share our life together. She then said....no.....WHY do you love Kim???? She asked when we were going to get married and when I gave her the date, she asked what day of the week that was on. I answered and then she asked Duane if he ever traveled off the Island. Then she asked him to place his finger on the fingerprint scanner. After that...she started looking through the papers and she said......well...your medical and police report look great.......Kim makes enough money to support you and everything else looks great so you are approved. She then said "congrats to both of you"!!!! Duane pulled me and kissed me......She started smiling and said...."Congrats...I am really happy for both of you".

Thanks Kim for the downlowon how things went. It seemed they went easy for you guys. I was just asking if you could be there with him because my sentors rep told me it was not worth going to his interview because he would be in a holding room where he did the interview hiself but it sounds like that is not the case at all. I will need to tell him the day I get back so he knows what really is happening. Best wishes on the things to come. How was the baseball game?

Cheers

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Whne can Duane go get his Social Security card??? When can he go to DMV for his identification card? Also...............how long before the EAD comes in the mail after we get married??? We are getting married at the courthouse on August 17th but our big wedding is next August........

Kim from what I've been reading you usually have to wait about 2 weeks before applying for the SS card so that his name can get in the system. Robert(rncarterjm) recently posted that he was told it would take about 4 weeks before he would receive it. You apply for your EAD along with your AOS;and if desired your AP. If you look at other's timelines it seems to take about 3+months for the EAD. I do believe though if you have not recevied it within 90 days after application that you can apply for an interim EAD. Double check on that though as I have no first hand knowledge.

Rhonda-glad to hear that Tony's son is feeling better :yes:

Timeline
WELL I HAPPEN TO KNOW THAT MY MOM WORKS 16 HOURS A DAY 6 DAYS A WEEK AND SHE GOES TO SCHOOL FOR 2 OF THOSE 6 DAYS.......I CALL HER SUPERMOM

Welcome SEAN_EBONY!! Wow it sounds like your mom is a supermom I could never do that. 8 hours 5 days a week is enough for me. I can't imagine trying to go to school too. I never worked when I got my bacholors degree. I was involved a lot in clubs though. It was a little tough when I did grad school and work but hey I never worked 6 hours a week for 16 hours. Your mom rocks..

So tell us a little about yourself... How did u meet your fiance? And anything if you are willing to share. Welcome to the Yardies :D !

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I decided to take SJB's advice and stay at El Greco I talked Dwain into the place finally when he realized where it was. I wanted to splurge since we only get married once in our lives. So we will be staying there 2 days before :D my family and friends arrive. Then we will meet the first group of 8 at the airport on August 4th. We have the Rose Hall tour, Greenwood House tour and ATV tour. Any other great tours we should go on? The rest of the group of 8 will get there late afternoon. Then Dwain sister will arrive the next day. They all leave on Aug 11. So Dwain and I will go back to El Greco to stay until I leave on the 16th :crying: This will be the first nicest places I have ever stayed so truly exciting I usually never spend over 20 bucks for a room. But Dwain says it is so hot this August I wont survive. I wonder how I will do since the wedding time is 3:30pm around the heat my dress is sure to be hot hot hot.

Kim-yes I am excited u all are probably tired of me talking about it.

My bacherlorette party is tommorow it seems the girls have settled down. I told them they act that way they can't go since my family and I are paying their way. I am already upset that I am hosting it at my place and cooking the dinner. They better treat me well tommorrow. I am making jerk chicken, barbecue jerk chicken, festivals, and coco bread. I have Mango drinks and Passion fruit drinks. And a little alchol since I have to go to work on Monday.. They want it to be at 11am and I said thats way to early so we backed it up to 1pm fewwww..... Just praying they dont do anything funky to me.. It should be a good time and all my bridesmaids don't know each other at all.

I was also bored today or should I say didn't want to clean my house and add a few more pics to the yahoo page. I will erase the old ones when I get back and put the wedding ones up. It is so surreal this is finally happening.

Dwain had great news today he got his passport finally. So I think we will have everything we need after the wedding to apply for the K3 and CR1 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Okay shot me I have talked way to much. I am just trying to avoid cleaning my house but it has to get done today so I better go :whistle:

One Luv

Jax

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I decided to take SJB's advice and stay at El Greco I talked Dwain into the place finally when he realized where it was. I wanted to splurge since we only get married once in our lives. So we will be staying there 2 days before :D my family and friends arrive. Then we will meet the first group of 8 at the airport on August 4th. We have the Rose Hall tour, Greenwood House tour and ATV tour. Any other great tours we should go on? The rest of the group of 8 will get there late afternoon. Then Dwain sister will arrive the next day. They all leave on Aug 11. So Dwain and I will go back to El Greco to stay until I leave on the 16th :crying: This will be the first nicest places I have ever stayed so truly exciting I usually never spend over 20 bucks for a room. But Dwain says it is so hot this August I wont survive. I wonder how I will do since the wedding time is 3:30pm around the heat my dress is sure to be hot hot hot.

Kim-yes I am excited u all are probably tired of me talking about it.

My bacherlorette party is tommorow it seems the girls have settled down. I told them they act that way they can't go since my family and I are paying their way. I am already upset that I am hosting it at my place and cooking the dinner. They better treat me well tommorrow. I am making jerk chicken, barbecue jerk chicken, festivals, and coco bread. I have Mango drinks and Passion fruit drinks. And a little alchol since I have to go to work on Monday.. They want it to be at 11am and I said thats way to early so we backed it up to 1pm fewwww..... Just praying they dont do anything funky to me.. It should be a good time and all my bridesmaids don't know each other at all.

I was also bored today or should I say didn't want to clean my house and add a few more pics to the yahoo page. I will erase the old ones when I get back and put the wedding ones up. It is so surreal this is finally happening.

Dwain had great news today he got his passport finally. So I think we will have everything we need after the wedding to apply for the K3 and CR1 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Okay shot me I have talked way to much. I am just trying to avoid cleaning my house but it has to get done today so I better go :whistle:

One Luv

Jax

mmmm...festival's......my down fall... :lol: so i will be over at your place tomorrow for lunch k :lol::lol:

i would be SO mad if my brides maids made me host and cook the food..

hope you have fun!!!

Timeline
Hey Ladies-

Okay...I have some time now to give you all the appointment details......Duane has been busy painting all day. We went to about 20 artngalleries in the last couple days and he says seeing all that work has sparked a fire in him that he has not had in a longggggggg time. He is eager to get his work exposed......

We stayed at the Hilton in Kingston......woke up at 4:00am and arrived at the embassy at 5:00am. We were third in line and since we had a 7:15 appointment, we wanted to get in early. (We were glad we arrived early because about 1 hour later, the line was down the street and around the corner!!!!!!) They opened teh gate at 6:45am and we walked into a line that looked like a disneyland line........Then they had us go one by one through the metal detecter and place our things on a x-ray scanner (just like the airport).......Then they had us sit up front. All folks with appointment letters sat up front and all folks without appointments were placed in the back. We waited about 15 minutes and then they asked us to head up the stairs and place our appointmnet letters in a pile in window 1. Then, we waited about 1/2 hour and we heard them call our name to window 5. The lady was european. She asked us for all our paperwork including my tax returns for teh last 3 years. After looking at my tax returns, she asked me for my letter from my employer and my paystubs. I gave her all of that. Duane then asked her if she wanted any other info and she laughed and told him that she would ask if she needed anything else. She handed us his x-ray and told him that he will need to bring it when he travels to the United States. Then, she told us to have a seat and we wuld be called for our interview shortly.

10 minutes later, we got called to window 11. A really young blonde girl asked us to raise our right hands and she swore us in. Then she haned Duane some forms to sign. She then asked him to write my full name and sign his name under mine and instructed him to get NO HELP from me. (Okay....Duane was sooooo nervous at this point that he mis-spelled my last name) I was soooooo worried but then I looked down and noticed that he mis-spelled his name too!!!!! Poor baby...his hand was shaking!!!!

She enver even noticed....She asked him to explain how we met, asked him if he ever met any of my family. Then she asked me how I feel about his kids and if we were going to petition for them in the future. She then asked Duane why he wanted to marry me. He told he that we were in love and we wanted to share our life together. She then said....no.....WHY do you love Kim???? She asked when we were going to get married and when I gave her the date, she asked what day of the week that was on. I answered and then she asked Duane if he ever traveled off the Island. Then she asked him to place his finger on the fingerprint scanner. After that...she started looking through the papers and she said......well...your medical and police report look great.......Kim makes enough money to support you and everything else looks great so you are approved. She then said "congrats to both of you"!!!! Duane pulled me and kissed me......She started smiling and said...."Congrats...I am really happy for both of you".

We then walked over to airpak and paid the $8.00. We got bck to the hotel...slept for a few hours and headed back to Ochi........Our experience at the Miami airport was really smooth. The guy at immigration was laughing and joking with us. He finger printed Duane. He took the big brown envelope and asked us to follow him into another room. Another guy flipped through our packet, stamped some forms...placed the I-94 into Duanes passport and told him that we need to get married within 90 days. He welcomed Duane into the United States and we were off.

So....this was our experience....we just hope and pray that our AOS runs just as smooth!!!

Great interview. Based on what is said in the other forums ,it is best to wait 2 weeks before applying for his SSC . It nornally takes that period for the system to be updated with his information.

Shar

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulation Kim. Always like hearing interviews that go well.

Well, I got my RFE in the mail today and it was the stupid form I already filled out in the package regarding the IMBRA or whatever it is. I purposely waited for the new forms to come out before I mailed it out so I don't know what the deal is. At least I can mail it back before I leave on Thursday.

Rhonda you, Tony and his son are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope everyone's evening is going good.

WE ARE DONE!!!

I was just asking if you could be there with him because my sentors rep told me it was not worth going to his interview because he would be in a holding room where he did the interview hiself but it sounds like that is not the case at all.

I'm not sure where your senator got his info. from, but it is totally inaccurate :blush: Almost all of us that were at the Embassy with our fiances were able to be there for the ENTIRE interview. In a few cases, the interviewer asked the US citizen to go sit down for a moment so they could ask a few questions just to the fiance. There is no holding room :no: or anything like that. It is more like a long hallway with about 10 windows and you just stand in front of the window for the whole interivew. (Picture a bank with the plexi-glass windows with a little opening at the bottom to slide paperwork in and out and a speaker to talk into)

I would highly suggest that the US citizen attend the interview if at all possible. YOU are the best evidence and "proof of relationship" you could possibly have. It seems that all of the guys who interviewed alone got hassled a bit and were asked a LOT more questions. Just my opinion.

My bacherlorette party is tommorow it seems the girls have settled down. I told them they act that way they can't go since my family and I are paying their way. I am already upset that I am hosting it at my place and cooking the dinner. They better treat me well tommorrow.

That sounds like fun, but why are they making YOU do all the cooking? :o It's supposed to be your day to be spoiled and pampered! Don't work too hard and have fun. Have a drink for me too - I'll be at work again ;)

Hello all-

It feels like I have been gone forever........I am slowly trying to catch up but I think I have missed many things. Looks like we have some new folks in the yardies thread....welcome all!!!

Welcome Home Kim and Duane :dance: I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly for you guys. Enjoy your time together now that he's here. Another VJ success story :luv::thumbs:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ladies-

Your story is so cute. I am so glad things went really well. It's still the cutest one I've heard yet. Congrats again :thumbs:

Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since I've post. Just wanted to say hello to all and congrats to all moving a step closer to the end of the visa journey tunnel. Welcome Mangogirl (Mindy).

Hi Ms. Nyseness,

Welcome back. Missed ya.

I work out pretty much everyday, go to step aerobics twice a week and double step aerobics on Sat. I eat lots and lots of fruits, vegetables, and water. No pop, candy, rice, dumplin, etc. Trust me it was hard esp late at night. I get the munchies all the time but now I just drink a glass of water instead of eating late at night.

you seem to have so much willpower. i really admire you for that. I am really trying this time. Hopefully, Trevor will only see half of me the next time. :yes:

Hi Jamie,

My weight loss have been great I lost a total of 51 lbs. :D I have another 45 lbs to go but I'm taking it easy for the summer.

Mangogirl (Mindy) - I don't remember what you are filing but NSC is no longer processing K1's. They are all being forwarded to CSC for processing.

WOW.. :thumbs: CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. I am working on that too and have lost a lot. That takes great dedication,,, keep it up ,

you too :dance: that's great!!!!

Hi everybody,

Night shift checking in. I am so depressed lately about my job :( I can't stand the thought of working 7 days a week. Sunday is usually the ONLY day me and Tony see each other :crying: and now I have to work. I'm scared of what impact this will have on our marriage. It was bad enough with me working 6 days a week on opposite shifts from each other. Help :cry:

Rhonda,

I understand how you feel. But you and Tony seem to have such a grounded relationship, that I think that you can withstand anything. In the meantime keep looking for something that pays just as much but does not have the requirements that this job seems to have. Something has to come up, I don't blame you for sticking with the money, they say money isn't everthing but believe me sometime it is.

Not the best advice giver in the world, but you make me laugh so much, and it really does help when I am feeling very, very low.

Bert is not home but this is just a chill vacation, me, my books and lots of Red Stripes.

What are you reading? Love Red Stripe Lite! :luv:

Well, I just got some bad news. Tony's baby mama just called and told him that his 3 year old son is very sick :( She took him to the hospital and they admitted him overnight. He has some kind of fever - never heard of it before. Tony is so worried and I'm worried too and I feel so bad that he can't be down there with him. We are going to send her some money tomorrow morning to help cover the doctor bills. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Hope baby is much better by now. Adults I can deal with being sick, children, I can't. You will always be in my prayers.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

sorry ladies but i have to let off a little steam.....no offence to the newbies who just got approved or their Noa 1

i am getting so MAD...don't get me wrong i am happy for the new people on VJ who are getting approved...but it just doesn't seem fair that a lot of them sent int there petitions in like may or even june and they are getting approved and getting NOA2's while I am approved and waiting for lord knows how long until they even get to my RFE...it just doesn't seem fair...mike would be here in the states.. :(:(

Filed: Timeline
sorry ladies but i have to let off a little steam.....no offence to the newbies who just got approved or their Noa 1

i am getting so MAD...don't get me wrong i am happy for the new people on VJ who are getting approved...but it just doesn't seem fair that a lot of them sent int there petitions in like may or even june and they are getting approved and getting NOA2's while I am approved and waiting for lord knows how long until they even get to my RFE...it just doesn't seem fair...mike would be here in the states.. :(:(

I don't blame you at all Shauna for feeling that way. USCIS should be doing more for those with RFE's due to IMBRA. I feel especially bad for you and those who already had an interview date scheduled. Have you heard when they are rescheduling interviews yet? Hang in there girl.

Same goes for everyone else whose process has been held up due to IMBRA; including those who are already married. Ladies hang in there (F) .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.