Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dang... I missed all these other pictures. Thanks for finally showing us your beautiful face Shemanya!! You guys are too cute.

And Anna... I can't believe how much weight you've lost - good work :thumbs:

Happy belated birthday to Jill and Lake too.

:blink: Wow - I didn't know I have so many pages to catch up on. Back to it ;)

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just posted our wedding photos on Yahoo site..........

Great pics Kim! You look beautiful and so happy (L) Is that your little girl? She's so adorable!

Happy belated birthday Anna :luv:

Jill-- love the pics... Kelynn is so cute! And MINDY... YOU PUT UP A PICTURE?! :huh: I'm impressed. You guys look great :luv:

Do I still need to send Squitto pics? I have one I want to post.

:o MINDY POSTED PICS????? :o OMG GOING TO LOOK NOW

yes, girl mindy has landed....like an IDF stealth bomber!:lol:

:lol::lol: You guys are crazy!!

Thanks Julie- No, that is my niece. My son is the Big guy standing next to me in one of the pictures. He is almost 20 yrs old....... :blush::hehe: Yep, I had him when I was jus a baby.......... :huh:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY!!!!!!!

Good luck to Andrew and Roy on the interviews!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline
Ladies (and awol Eric),

7 days until our AOS interview. I am nervous. Henry is cranky and nervous. Taking a day off from work to organize our papers and then we can practice answering questions. Did someone post an AOS checklist in the old thread? Does anyone remember? I have to an advanced search for it. Please keep us in your prayers. :yes:

I'll be thinking of you guys- but try not to worry. It really is painless and very easy - much easier than Kingston, you guys will be just fine.

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

Timeline
Happy Friday!! :dance: :dance:

Today is Roy's birthday -- and his interview with the hotel in the city....wish us luck. This would be a great birthday present <especially considering I haven't gotten him anything.....yet....> [/color] :unsure:

Happy Birthday Roy!! I hope his interview went well.

GIRLS HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ME!!!

Alright I am stuck here. We filed AOs and EAD from a K-1 visa. Well they sent us our original receipt letters which were sent back by mailman on accident. (We didnt put our new last name on mail box) ( I live in apartment). Anyway, we got that fixed. Now we have asked the 1-800-375-3283 number to resend them since June 8th. We still have not received the letters. I have the MSC numbers from the back of the checks, but no letters and no EAD letter to get fingerprinted etc. Today, they say that we are in the system at the Missouri Service Center to have the letter sent again to get fingerprinted but we just have to wait! I said we've been waiting 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! So she said JUST WAIT SOME MORE. These people are rude. Anyway, do you think I can contact anyone else to help? Any suggestions. Im sort of freaking out! She also said its at Missouri Service Center waiting to be assigned. Well that means its been waiting for 3 months. Im about ready to throw a fit and Oneil wants to go to work.

Anyone anyone???

Hey Sara... good to see you again! I agree about the InfoPass appointment, hopefully speaking to someone face to face will get you the answers you need. Hope all is well with you and Oneil. :luv:

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats NannyGirl on the interview.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Happy belated birthday to Roy and hope his interview went great.

You guys job stories is exactly what I have been TRYING to impress upon Lake. He JUSST does NOT get it. This is a GREAT job. He says its pretty hard work and its the same thing every night. Well dang, arent MOST jobs? I mean, STARTING OUT in this state, uneducated, without a GED, and making a lil over $10.50 an hour, which is MORE than I have EVER made in my WHOLE life per hour, even working for the state for 15 years, I didnt make it up to that....

If you read in off topic and moving to america forums, you see over and over even the British having to take jobs that pay $7.50 and under.

Jobs ARE pretty easy to get here if you have your papers, but I TOLD him, when you dont have an education, MOST of the jobs are gonna be with your back, manual labor, ya know? Or Walmart, grocery stores, etc, for 7.50 or so an hour. So its your choice I told him. It did take him a while, but it was pretty easy to get, except for the infernal wait. He is getting older too, so itsa lil tougher on him to do the manual labor thing, but most of the guys there ARE in their 40's too, so geeeez already.

He doesnt really COMPLAIN, but when I ask him about his day, he says it the same old thing. Sigh....

At least he is working with people that talk and joke with him a lot, they are a great group of people it sounds like, MUCH better than the last place where the guys was always muttering "idiot" under his breath at him. I dont know why he doesnt "get" how good a job it is. In THIS city, the midwest, thats great pay, with great benefits. I am ready to slap him upside the head. He says he would like to "try out" a bunch of jobs, so he can say he is experienced at "everything". Maybe thats good to a point, but he doesnt get the bad connotation of the "job hopper" thing when I try to explain it. :bonk::bonk:

Anyhow, congrats to Nannygirl on the upcoming interview.

And dont worry, Elizabeth, you should be fine.

And thanks on the comments of Kelynn, yea, she is filling in very nicely, isnt she? They dont even think there are gonna be any vision probs or anything, arent totally sure yet, but thats great for a kid born at 27+ weeks! She will be 5 months tomorrow, but more like 2 1/2 as she wasnt due til June 15th. Those pics were taken just just this last week or so. :)

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Timeline
Happy belated birthday to Roy and hope his interview went great.

You guys job stories is exactly what I have been TRYING to impress upon Lake. He JUSST does NOT get it. This is a GREAT job. He says its pretty hard work and its the same thing every night. Well dang, arent MOST jobs? I mean, STARTING OUT in this state, uneducated, without a GED, and making a lil over $10.50 an hour, which is MORE than I have EVER made in my WHOLE life per hour, even working for the state for 15 years, I didnt make it up to that....

If you read in off topic and moving to america forums, you see over and over even the British having to take jobs that pay $7.50 and under.

Jobs ARE pretty easy to get here if you have your papers, but I TOLD him, when you dont have an education, MOST of the jobs are gonna be with your back, manual labor, ya know? Or Walmart, grocery stores, etc, for 7.50 or so an hour. So its your choice I told him. It did take him a while, but it was pretty easy to get, except for the infernal wait. He is getting older too, so itsa lil tougher on him to do the manual labor thing, but most of the guys there ARE in their 40's too, so geeeez already.

He doesnt really COMPLAIN, but when I ask him about his day, he says it the same old thing. Sigh....

At least he is working with people that talk and joke with him a lot, they are a great group of people it sounds like, MUCH better than the last place where the guys was always muttering "idiot" under his breath at him. I dont know why he doesnt "get" how good a job it is. In THIS city, the midwest, thats great pay, with great benefits. I am ready to slap him upside the head. He says he would like to "try out" a bunch of jobs, so he can say he is experienced at "everything". Maybe thats good to a point, but he doesnt get the bad connotation of the "job hopper" thing when I try to explain it. :bonk::bonk:

Anyhow, congrats to Nannygirl on the upcoming interview.

And dont worry, Elizabeth, you should be fine.

And thanks on the comments of Kelynn, yea, she is filling in very nicely, isnt she? They dont even think there are gonna be any vision probs or anything, arent totally sure yet, but thats great for a kid born at 27+ weeks! She will be 5 months tomorrow, but more like 2 1/2 as she wasnt due til June 15th. Those pics were taken just just this last week or so. :)

What does Lake want to do? I think most of us get bored with the same ole same ole.

Kelynn is so cute. I'm glad that she is progressing well.

It's so good to see all the new pictures posted on yahoo.

Kim, I knew which one your son was when I saw the pics. He looks like you. Very handsome :yes: .

Ernesto is here now and we expect rain all day with clearing finally on Monday. Oh well...

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Timeline
i called the emabassy and.........

OCTOBER 30th @ 7:15am

:dance::dance::dance:

it is a little far off!!! i wish it was this month....but i will take anything!!

Congratulations on your interview :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Elizabeth - best wishes for your AOS Interview you will do great!

Everybody all the new pictures are so wonderful. Shemanya & Damien very nice pic and yes my hubby did recognise yours and he does know him. He knows his brother Adrian from school. Small World I tell yah.

Rhonda and Mindy - May Tony and Roy find a nice new decent paying job. All the best on interviews to come. May thing only get better and brighter for you both.

Kelly loved the story I have been hearing stories like that for a decade now and they make me laugh :lol:

Belly's Girl - Congrats on your approval on the K-1!

Michele - Thanks about the post on internet calling. We use IM all the time on yahoo and save money that way so i will need to check out this Net Speak package. I only pay though 25 a month with IDT to him and use the internet. Like I said the internet is a wonderful new age tool what would we do with out it.

Happy Belated Birthdays to Anna, Roy, Jill, and Lake and many more cha cha cha

Calisteph - Welcome to the yardies thread and best wishes on your visa journey

????? So none of you applied for dual citizenship???? My friends who are training to be immigration officers told me to apply for dual citizenship. They said once my hubby has lived here in the states for 6 months I can apply. They said it would be easier when I come down cause they wont ask me so many questions and I can bring in goods care free for the family. :D They start working at the MoBay airport in October so they said I can get special treatment to tell someone when I arrive that I now them and want to be checked by them and say I need to go to X,O, or P immigration officer and they will stamp my passport and let me go. WOW this will be wonderful in Dec.. I hope it is true. I waited in lines for up to 2 hours last time I came down and the no air thing was a killer.

:help: How long does it take to get your first receipt on mailing in the I-130??? It has been 2 weeks now. I think I need to go to the post office and do a name change for my address to. since I sent the paper work in with my new last name. The only other thing I have changed is my bank account. I hope when I change my drivers license on Friday I don't need the raised seal one yet.

Everyone take it easy on this long holiday 3 day break.

One Luv

Jax (L)(F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

it is a little far off!!! i wish it was this month....but i will take anything!!

Congratulations :dance::dance: .......i hope were not far behind you :thumbs:

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Timeline
Hi Julie-how are you feeling? How's Elias?

We're both doing great :thumbs: ---starting to fall into a routine finally. He's just so cute I can't stand it!

That's great nannygirl!!!! Congrats! It does seem far off, but it will be here before you know it. :dance::dance:

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.