Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Do I still need to send Squitto pics? I have one I want to post.

:o MINDY POSTED PICS????? :o OMG GOING TO LOOK NOW

yes, girl mindy has landed....like an IDF stealth bomber!:lol:

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: Ha, Ha, Ha......I was hoping nobody would notice.....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

welcome Stephanie

I am gonna check the yahoo site..be back in a min

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

you sneaky thing, you! :D

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

....it's been on there for months!!! :jest:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

no way! how could I have missed it!? :o

I also missed Jamie and Andre posting new pic of Miles and Nemo. Those dogs have gotten big! Must be the curry goat! :lol::lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: Other Timeline

Why does Mindy look like Mindy???? :lola: It's great too finally see you...and your handsome looking hubby :haha:

Julie the baby is beautiful!!

kim that dress was slammin!!!!Congrats you both look Happy.

I'm a RN, a Assistant Patient Care Manager at a Psychiatric Hospital. We can make end meets on my salary. I usually work too jobs, I seem to work less and have more left over now that I have someone to second guess my purchases. :huh: Most of the time I waste money on items I could live without. so when I want to splurge I pick of shifts at a Staffing Agency.

Do I still need to send Squitto pics? I have one I want to post.

:o MINDY POSTED PICS????? :o OMG GOING TO LOOK NOW

yes, girl mindy has landed....like an IDF stealth bomber!:lol:

:lol::lol:

Happy Birthday Anna (F)

Ditto!! Happy Birthday (F)(F)

Edited by Denden

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi all,

Wow, so much going on with our thread!

Kimone, your boys were born on our anniversary and ONE day before MY birthday. Gotta be good days, those!

And welcome, Elias as well into the world, as well as Kimones twins, I have to get to the yahoo site to check out all the new pics!

My bd and anniversary were pretty low key, Lake had to work but my family bot us a cake and then took me out on Friday to Cracker Carrel, where you get a free desert for on your bd. Omigosh, their cobbler is to die for, they had cherry cobbler, which I have never known them to have, usually its peach or blackberry, but I absolutely LOVE cherries so it worked out good. Lake promised to cook me up some curry chicken for later, since I wasn't hungry then and we were busy this weekend.

Our state fair is on, and my sis bought the armbands for the "ride all the rides for one price" for us. So we went on Sunday, but then got rained out, so we didnt get to ride anything. :crying: So, I guess we will just have to go back. I am especially looking forward to taking Lake on the huge ol double ferris wheel, he will freak. I took him on one at a small event (not really a fair) in this itty bitty town in the middle of nowhwere that must have been all of 25 feet high, just last month, and he was soooo funny to watch, as it was the first ride he had EVER been on. So it will be fun, if the weather will cooperate this weekend. I hope it warms up a bit too, darn its almost COLD. He gets cold soooo easy, if its below 75 then he is freezing and it was real chill this weekend as well as rainy. Its been cloudy and rainy and cold the last 4 days...arghh!

Elizabeth, you mentioned that Henry hates waterparks too, have you ever went to one, or why/what does he hate about them? I cant get Lake to go, but I THINK he mite enjoy himself if it were to be a really HOT day, then again, I could be way wrong.

I wanted to go to Branson this weekend, possibly, and take my hubby, but the car is acting up and I have to take it into the shop. So I guess no fun on prolly the last long weekend he will have, as he is planning on doing boocoo overtime starting mid September. :crying:

Wow, ok, my book for now, to be continued.... :lol:

Edited by thndrdancr

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline
Hi all,

Wow, so much going on with our thread!

Kimone, your boys were born on our anniversary and ONE day before MY birthday. Gotta be good days, those!

And welcome, Elias as well into the world, as well as Kimones twins, I have to get to the yahoo site to check out all the new pics!

My bd and anniversary were pretty low key, Lake had to work but my family bot us a cake and then took me out on Friday to Cracker Carrel, where you get a free desert for on your bd. Omigosh, their cobbler is to die for, they had cherry cobbler, which I have never known them to have, usually its peach or blackberry, but I absolutely LOVE cherries so it worked out good. Lake promised to cook me up some curry chicken for later, since I wasn't hungry then and we were busy this weekend.

Our state fair is on, and my sis bought the armbands for the "ride all the rides for one price" for us. So we went on Sunday, but then got rained out, so we didnt get to ride anything. :crying: So, I guess we will just have to go back. I am especially looking forward to taking Lake on the huge ol double ferris wheel, he will freak. I took him on one at a small event (not really a fair) in this itty bitty town in the middle of nowhwere that must have been all of 25 feet high, just last month, and he was soooo funny to watch, as it was the first ride he had EVER been on. So it will be fun, if the weather will cooperate this weekend. I hope it warms up a bit too, darn its almost COLD. He gets cold soooo easy, if its below 75 then he is freezing and it was real chill this weekend as well as rainy. Its been cloudy and rainy and cold the last 4 days...arghh!

Elizabeth, you mentioned that Henry hates waterparks too, have you ever went to one, or why/what does he hate about them? I cant get Lake to go, but I THINK he mite enjoy himself if it were to be a really HOT day, then again, I could be way wrong.

I wanted to go to Branson this weekend, possibly, and take my hubby, but the car is acting up and I have to take it into the shop. So I guess no fun on prolly the last long weekend he will have, as he is planning on doing boocoo overtime starting mid September. :crying:

Wow, ok, my book for now, to be continued.... :lol:

LOL You will not get any hearts posting this way!! :lol:

Happy Belated Birthday!! (F)

Happy Belated Anniversary to you and Lake!!! (F)(L)

Henry likes to say he hates things - he likes nature - so he likes hiking and camping and stuff like that. I have been to a lot of amusement parks and I have fun, but its never something I am dying to do. I always whine about how hot it is! :D

I love Branson though. Spent about two months there when I was in college.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol: Nice pictures Kim and Mindy.

How do I put our picture up? Do I have to go through Ms. Squitto?

Good morning ladies, *looks around to ensure I see no men* allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I live in northern California. A friend of mine suggested that I check this forum out as she felt it would be beneficial to me. I read over a few of the topics that are not pinned and realized in most threads it was suggested that people come to this thread, so here I am.

I am going to hold off on any questions I may have until I complete the previous reading. I started and am currently on page 15 or so. Forgive me as I skim and don't read completly.

A little about me and what brings me here, my SO is in JA and we have been oficially dating for about 7 months or so. I spent time there February, when we met, 2 weeks in the beginning of August and I am returning 12/6. He is also planning his visit here for sometime in Feb. I come here as I am uncertain as to where this relationship is going as there has been some mention of "tying the knot". If that is the case, I want to have my head on straight with regard to process and procedures. Not only that, I thought this would be a great support network for relationship woes and what not.

Anyway, please feel free to ask me any questions, for the most part I am an open book. I thank you for leaving the door to your home open and look forward to chatting with you all soon. Now, off to read.....

Welcome (F)

Edited by sjb1221

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol: Nice pictures Kim and Mindy.

How do I put our picture up? Do I have to go through Ms. Squitto?

Good morning ladies, *looks around to ensure I see no men* allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I live in northern California. A friend of mine suggested that I check this forum out as she felt it would be beneficial to me. I read over a few of the topics that are not pinned and realized in most threads it was suggested that people come to this thread, so here I am.

I am going to hold off on any questions I may have until I complete the previous reading. I started and am currently on page 15 or so. Forgive me as I skim and don't read completly.

A little about me and what brings me here, my SO is in JA and we have been oficially dating for about 7 months or so. I spent time there February, when we met, 2 weeks in the beginning of August and I am returning 12/6. He is also planning his visit here for sometime in Feb. I come here as I am uncertain as to where this relationship is going as there has been some mention of "tying the knot". If that is the case, I want to have my head on straight with regard to process and procedures. Not only that, I thought this would be a great support network for relationship woes and what not.

Anyway, please feel free to ask me any questions, for the most part I am an open book. I thank you for leaving the door to your home open and look forward to chatting with you all soon. Now, off to read.....

Welcome (F)

Its easy...just go to the website and click on photos. there will be a tab at the bottom that says....add photo.....you indicate the name of your album and start adding....very easy.......

Hey Mindy.....OMG I was starting to think you were a mystery girl......nice to finally see you and Roy......

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning ladies....it is so grey and gloomy here, I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee -_-

I know we have had a discussion about places to move in the past...I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas about living in North Carolina...specifically the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area??

We are thinking about it very strongly...houses are still really affordable and jobs are everywhere. There are also 6 or 7 different jamaican restaurnats and shops so that must mean they are there :P

Any thoughts anyone???

xoxo

d

Hi...I am actually from NC although I am currently residing in Maryland. I can tell you that the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area is a nice area. It's expanding, and has enough space so that people aren't on top of each other, but just enough city-like life where you will have something to do...The thing that I like about the Raleigh area is that it is relatively cheaper than Chapel Hill or Charlotte, and I was just checking out the number of Ja restaurants myself. I was thinking of moving there or to Charlotte after I complete my graduate studies next spring. If you are making big money wherever you are now, you may have to take a small pay cut, but the cost of living is much less expensive, so it should work itself out. I would suggest that you and your SO have a mode of transportation. While they do have taxis and busses, I'm not sure how late the busses run...you can always check that out. I like the area though. Friendly enough people. Good luck on your journeys!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The website is telling me that I do not have permission to add photos to my album...

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Thanks for the birthday and anniversary wishes! (L)

I had to share something funny. I was reading on the African board about miscommunications and it reminded me of one we had today just a little bit ago before he left for work.

We had pot pies the nite before last for dinner, but I had made an extra one for Lake if he wanted it, or to take to for his lunch. I had totally forgotten about it, this morn tho, and he was lookin and lookn in the fridge and I finally asked him...What in the WORLD are you looking for?

Well he never pays attention to how things are spelled on the box, he just listens to how we say it, a bad habit of his, (he doesnt like reading directions on food boxes either for some odd reason). So he asked me...where is that popeye?! I had him repeat it about 4 times and I STILL wasnt getting it cuz he WAS saying popeye. I repeated it back....? After I said it, it HIT me... Yep,...ah...all this time with the fridge open too!

Boy do I feel dumb!

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I didn't go through and quote each person one by one because I am sneaking around at work, but just know all your welcomes are appreciated. :D

I am sure in time, I will have many many questions. For now, I am still trying to complete the readings. However, in short if anyone is willing can you give a brief description as to how you knew your SO, fiancee or husband was "the one".

I was in a relationship for 11 years and swore he was "the one". Obviously, since we are no longer together, he was not the one. ;)

Also, I would love to see the pictures you all speak of if anyone would like to give me the link, I'd be thrilled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.