Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't be a stranger. I have had to start "picking" on Elizabeth in your absence :lol: :lol:[/color]

:yes: It's true!!! It's true! I am developing a major complex too. Might need counseling. :lol:

I think all of you need some serious therapy :yes::lol::lol:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, I just got some bad news. Tony's baby mama just called and told him that his 3 year old son is very sick :( She took him to the hospital and they admitted him overnight. He has some kind of fever - never heard of it before. Tony is so worried and I'm worried too and I feel so bad that he can't be down there with him. We are going to send her some money tomorrow morning to help cover the doctor bills. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Rhonda sorry to hear that I will keep your family in my prayers. (F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:help:

ok ladies i need some help here...i asked mike thinking he would know but he doesn't...

anyway there is a song by Damian Marley i think it is he that sings it..anyway in the song he sings a chorus about drinking blue mountian iced coffee or something like that.. does anyone know the name of that song?????? please it is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i am updating....i found it...no thanks to mike...it is called HEY GIRL...it is a great song!!!! :yes::yes:

One of my favorite songs... I dowloaded it on my cell phone and when my phone rings... you hear

HEY GIRL THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL I KNOW YOUR LOVE IS REAL YOU SATISFY MY EVERY WANT AND NEED... .. it's very loud! LOL Also Welcome to Jamrock plays when my best friend and fellow Jamaica traveler calls... now everyone who knows me sings along with both songs when the phone rings. :thumbs:

Edited by mangogirl

3/30/05 Met in Montego Bay

10/23/05 Returned to Jamaica for 8 days

5/06 - 6/06 1 month in Jamaica

7/5/06 Priority Mailed I-129F to NSC

7/7/06 e/mail confirmation from usps packet delivered

7/14/06 Check Cashed

7/17/06 Rec NOA 1

7/25/06 Touched

Jamaica got into my heart,it whispered to my mind,my mind told mi body, and we all said ahhhhh.

Timeline

Hello all-

It feels like I have been gone forever........I am slowly trying to catch up but I think I have missed many things. Looks like we have some new folks in the yardies thread....welcome all!!!

Joanna..sounds like he is desperate and he has some idiot attorney giving him advice. I would consult an attorney and not worry.......

Rhonda..so sorry to hear about Tony's baby...I am sure he will get better soon. Jamaica has been hotter than fire the last few weeks so maybe he is just over heated or dehydrated.

Mindy & Roy.....congrats on the approval!!!! :dance:

Dee and Dave- I am sure things will work out...just some stupid glitch in the system..... :thumbs:

Welcome back Jamie.........

Nanny...I am soooooo happy for you......you are on your way girl!!!! :P:P

Jax...you must be sooooo excited about the upcoming wedding.......Good luck and congrats!!! :star::star:

Michele- Sooooo glad to hear that Tristan is getting better and your move is going well.....

Did I forget anyone????? Sorry if I did......

Things are going great still....no problems at all over here in Cali......Knowing Duane..... I did not expect any

major issues though......he is pretty easy going....he eats anything I give him and loves most of the food.....he is eager to work and wants to get started painting immediately....we are getting along better than ever so I hope things remain this smooth after I start back to work.....

I will give you more details on the interview later....I know Shar and Jax have questions so I will give you the blow by blow run down tomorrow.....we are headed to the San Francisco Giants baseball game tomorrow.......it should be HOT and fun!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

Mango Mindy...what 3 letters does your reciept number start with? That will determine what service center it is at. Also what is the JA scene like around Portland? Anything exciting? And not to be nosey or anything but what is your connection to JA? How did you meet your fiance?

Where in Seattle are you? First 3 of my receipt = WAC

JA scene in Portland?!?! hahahahahahahaha let me say it again... hahahahahahahahahahaha

:) seriously though...... hardly anything. What about where you are?

3/30/05 Met in Montego Bay

10/23/05 Returned to Jamaica for 8 days

5/06 - 6/06 1 month in Jamaica

7/5/06 Priority Mailed I-129F to NSC

7/7/06 e/mail confirmation from usps packet delivered

7/14/06 Check Cashed

7/17/06 Rec NOA 1

7/25/06 Touched

Jamaica got into my heart,it whispered to my mind,my mind told mi body, and we all said ahhhhh.

Filed: Timeline
Well, I just got some bad news. Tony's baby mama just called and told him that his 3 year old son is very sick :( She took him to the hospital and they admitted him overnight. He has some kind of fever - never heard of it before. Tony is so worried and I'm worried too and I feel so bad that he can't be down there with him. We are going to send her some money tomorrow morning to help cover the doctor bills. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry. After our recent scare I know exactly how you and Tony feel about not being able to see your loved one in person while they are sick. I hope Tony's son gets better soon. Your family will definintely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Things are going great still....no problems at all over here in Cali......Knowing Duane..... I did not expect any

major issues though......he is pretty easy going....he eats anything I give him and loves most of the food.....he is eager to work and wants to get started painting immediately....we are getting along better than ever so I hope things remain this smooth after I start back to work.....

I will give you more details on the interview later....I know Shar and Jax have questions so I will give you the blow by blow run down tomorrow.....we are headed to the San Francisco Giants baseball game tomorrow.......it should be HOT and fun!!!!

Kim it's nice to hear that Duane is adapting well. What's his favorite American food? Does he like baseball? It should be fun. Have a good time.

Shauna-you're on your way!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:help:

ok ladies i need some help here...i asked mike thinking he would know but he doesn't...

anyway there is a song by Damian Marley i think it is he that sings it..anyway in the song he sings a chorus about drinking blue mountian iced coffee or something like that.. does anyone know the name of that song?????? please it is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i am updating....i found it...no thanks to mike...it is called HEY GIRL...it is a great song!!!! :yes::yes:

One of my favorite songs... I dowloaded it on my cell phone and when my phone rings... you hear

HEY GIRL THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL I KNOW YOUR LOVE IS REAL YOU SATISFY MY EVERY WANT AND NEED... .. it's very loud! LOL Also Welcome to Jamrock plays when my best friend and fellow Jamaica traveler calls... now everyone who knows me sings along with both songs when the phone rings. :thumbs:

i love that song too!!! when i was in Ochi we ate at the place called mamma marley cafe' and that song was playing and i just LOVED it...so last night i was downloading songs anc could remember the name and i was killing me!!! so i asked mike thinking well he should know for sure...uumm negative on that :lol: he even asked some guy on the street and that guy never even heard of it :lol::lol: i was like uuumm ok :huh:

but i found....that is a good idea i might but that as my ringtone too....hahha my boss will sure get a kick out of that...i have one alreday witht the dutty wine..and Jamaica Sunshine for when mike calls :D:blush:

anyway happy weekend to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for me i am working :(:(

Hello all-

.....we are headed to the San Francisco Giants baseball game tomorrow.......it should be HOT and fun!!!!

hhhmmmm must be nice.... :P:P:P:P:P:whistle:

WELL I HAPPEN TO KNOW THAT MY MOM WORKS 16 HOURS A DAY 6 DAYS A WEEK AND SHE GOES TO SCHOOL FOR 2 OF THOSE 6 DAYS.......I CALL HER SUPERMOM

Good morning.

Looks like we talked waaay to much :P so we have a new home again :hehe: .

I hope everyone gets some relief from the heat soon. We had a little break yesterday and it looks like the next few days will be a little better.

The gas prices here are getting too outrageous :angry: . I moved closer to the workplace but in the back of my mind I'm considering looking for a job closer to home.

Rhonda-working 7 days a week in just too much. Do your supervisors work 7 days a week too? Are you working more than 8 hours a day?

Rhonda -- that's so horrible about Tony's son.....when do you guys leave to go down there? Does Tony know yet or is it still a surprise? Maybe you should tell him.....then, at least he will know he will get to see him soon.

Don't be a stranger. I have had to start "picking" on Elizabeth in your absence :lol: :lol:[/color]

:yes: It's true!!! It's true! I am developing a major complex too. Might need counseling. :lol:

I think all of you need some serious therapy :yes::lol::lol:

Yes, I think you are correct on that one -- right Elizabeth??

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
MY MOM WORKS 16 HOURS A DAY 6 DAYS A WEEK AND SHE GOES TO SCHOOL FOR 2 OF THOSE 6 DAYS.......I CALL HER SUPERMOM

Welcome Ebony! Your mom really does have a hectic schedule. I can barely stand working 40 hours a week :P

I feel for Rhonda though-she wants to spend more time with hubby. I met a nurse once who worked 2 eight hour shifts; one at the hospital and one in a nursing home. She told me that she was doing that for over 16 years. She said that at first she did it because she had to ,but after getting married she continued to do it because she was so used to working all of those hours.

Timeline
I get sick to my stomach as I read my post. Again D say don't worry, Bull%#*

Dee,

We still have not heard anything from our interview held on June 29. I think they are backlogged and uses anything to delay giving you an answer.

Timeline

I get sick to my stomach as I read my post. Again D say don't worry, Bull%#*

Dee,

We still have not heard anything from our interview held on June 29. I think they are backlogged and uses anything to delay giving you an answer.

Hi ladies, just checking in reading up.

Rhonda I am so sorry to hear about Tony's baby. I will keep you guy in my prayers.

Nuff luv to all.

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Don't feel bad girl, I'm stuck at work too :angry: Today and Sunday :crying: I only got to see my boo for a couple hours today. I want a "normal" job - Mon thru Friday, 8 hours a day, and NO weekends! Is that too much to ask? :innocent:

Rhonda -- that's so horrible about Tony's son.....when do you guys leave to go down there? Does Tony know yet or is it still a surprise? Maybe you should tell him.....then, at least he will know he will get to see him soon.

We are going down there on August 16 for 4 nights. Tony doesn't know yet - I really want it to be a surprise for his birthday :wub: I think I will tell him about 10 days before we go - I haven't decided for sure yet.

So far, his son seems to be doing a little bit better. He has an IV in him to get him some fluids - I don't doubt (like Kim said) that he is probably dehydrated. He might be able to come home from the hospital tonight. The baby's mama is going back around 6:00 to see him again. I guess they are really strict about the visiting hours down there :( You'd think they wouldn't be so strict when the patient is only 3 years old :o and probably desperately wants his mommy.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers :luv:

WELL I HAPPEN TO KNOW THAT MY MOM WORKS 16 HOURS A DAY 6 DAYS A WEEK AND SHE GOES TO SCHOOL FOR 2 OF THOSE 6 DAYS.......I CALL HER SUPERMOM

Welcome to the thread Ebony :star: Your mom is definately Supermom - I don't know how she does it :wacko: That is way too many hours for me! So what's your story? Is your fiance/ spouse still in Jamaica? Feel free to ask any questions - nothing is off limits here :lol:

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Don't feel bad girl, I'm stuck at work too :angry: Today and Sunday :crying: I only got to see my boo for a couple hours today. I want a "normal" job - Mon thru Friday, 8 hours a day, and NO weekends! Is that too much to ask? :innocent:

ME TOO!!!! :yes::yes:

at least the extra pay is helping with bills ect....but it just sucks....i feel like i have NO life.....

ME TOO!!!! :yes::yes:

at least the extra pay is helping with bills ect....but it just sucks....i feel like i have NO life.....

I totally agree with you about the having no life thing :yes: Imagine working all these hours with your honey sitting at home and you just want to spend time with him :( Are you still doing the Nanny thing? Are the parents gone for the weekend or something?

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.