Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Sorry Rhonda. You still there?? I can brainstorm with ya for a few before Henry gets home.

Where in MI are you again? Detroit right? What other big names are in Detroit? Maybe you don't have to take a pay cut.

Well, all the Big 3 (GM, Ford, and Chrysler) are headquartered here in Detroit. The problem is that I want to get out of the factory and into an office job and those are the jobs they've been cutting back on lately :(

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Sunday everyone take it easy.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone and Happy Sunday!! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. It was Duane's birthday so we were busy all weekend.....I took him on a champagne/brunch day cruise around the bay...under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz......It was very nice...lots of great food and really romantic!!! (L)(L) We went out dancing later in the evening.... :dance::dance:

We went out to dinner with the family for his birthday Friday night......Benihana's....were they cook the food in front of you and do all sorts of tricks...We had a great time!! We also went to a Karaoke bar Friday night and watched all the crazy people make fools of themselves.....Duane said it was one of his best birthdays so far!!! (F)

Now I am at work.... :angry::crying: I am tired of overtime.........I want to be home in the bed with my boo.... :P:devil:

Marsha-just wanted to comment...I do not know about anyone else but I think Duane and I broke up 20 times during the whole K-1 thing....Being sooo far away is difficult and my mind would play tricks on me...whenever I could not reach him on the phone...I automatically flipped out!!! Sometimes he thought I was a bit crazy........Also...the anxiety of the whole waiting thing and nervous about what is going to happen made life tough......all that is behind us now and we both sit up and laugh about all the crazy the things I said and did. Plus.....there are always going to be people that play doubts in your head and ask you if this is "real" or is he just using you...blah, blah, blah......Only you know deep down in your heart and you need to really get in touch with those feelings...if you know everything is good..then forget about what others say......sometimes there is no guarantee and you have to go with your gut!!! If you have true love...it will prevail in the end!! (L)

Nanny- Sooo glad to hear about yoru case update.....

Savanphil- No :no::no: 3 hole punches......... Use an accordian file to divide things......that is what we did and it worked great!!!

Rhonda- I know how you feel...working every weekend is getting OLD!!!!! Have you checked out any jobs through the local County/State/Government...those tend to be a little more secure and they usually ahve pretty decent wages.....Good luck!! :luv:

Take care all!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Timeline

Looks like hurricane Ernesto will spare JA of a direct hit. I hope the path it takes will avoid loss of life and property.

Kim, it seems like you and Duane are having a great time and had a great weekend!

What kind of work do you do so that you are able to work on Sundays?

Here's a few questions for everyone:

What's your occupation? In addition do you have a part-time job and if so what do you do? Do you find that it's difficult to make ends meet on your normal salary; or do you have to work O.T. or have a part time job? Is anyone working additional jobs or hours just for this immigration process only?

I'll go first:

I'm an Investor Accountant in the mortgage lending/banking field. I don't have a part-time job but I do work overtime voluntarily(aprox 12 hours monthly). Yes, I find it difficult to make ends meet on my salary alone. Saving is nearly impossible for me (any suggestions?). I know that I would have to work O.T. once I started the process.

Actually Jax I enjoyed looking at those pics :thumbs:

Anna, I was checking the yahoo groups calender and I see that your birthday is tomorrow. Doing anything special?

I hope baby Elias is home now :yes: I also hope Kimone had a successful interview and hopefully delivered a couple of bundles of joy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone - just wanted to let you know I posted a few pictures of Elias on the Yahoo site.

BTW, he's coming home tomorrow :dance::dance:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Other Timeline

Good Afternoon. (F) I hope everyone is enjoying whats left of the weekend. It was rained where most of the weekend.

Rhonda...I'm sorry, I'm not sure what direction to point you in, but are management jobs hard to find where you live? I would post your resume on career builder and see what happens. :blush:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry Rhonda. You still there?? I can brainstorm with ya for a few before Henry gets home.

Where in MI are you again? Detroit right? What other big names are in Detroit? Maybe you don't have to take a pay cut.

Well, all the Big 3 (GM, Ford, and Chrysler) are headquartered here in Detroit. The problem is that I want to get out of the factory and into an office job and those are the jobs they've been cutting back on lately :(

This seems promising. Take a look thru.

http://detroit.careerboard.com/cgi-bin/a/v...rt&total=20

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Hey everyone - just wanted to let you know I posted a few pictures of Elias on the Yahoo site.

Awww; he is too cute!!! :luv: I'm glad he is coming home tomorrow.

That's great, Julie! Can't wait to see the lil fella (I am blocked from Yahoo groups from home). But as soon as I am at my desk tomorrow, I will take a peek. Welcome home, Elias!!! Elias probably really means "the long awaited one."

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What a beautiful baby (L)

Happy Belated Birthday Duane (F)

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Looks like hurricane Ernesto will spare JA of a direct hit. I hope the path it takes will avoid loss of life and property.

What's your occupation? In addition do you have a part-time job and if so what do you do? Do you find that it's difficult to make ends meet on your normal salary; or do you have to work O.T. or have a part time job? Is anyone working additional jobs or hours just for this immigration process only?

thank god it did...yesterday it looked like it was heading right for JA..mike and the other guys are moving the sting rays so they don't get washed away!!! and he is safe which is a good thing!!!

my occupation is a nanny..i don't have a part time gig but work A LOT of over time...partly because i am just a nice person and the family really doesn't have anyone else to cover but also cause they extra cash flow helps out a lot...plane tickets are not cheap :no::crying: when mike gets here and until he is able to get a job i will have to keep up the overtime!! which kinda sucks but i gotta do what i gotta do!!!

AAWW the likkle baby is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratz again!!! i am glad to hear that he will be coming home!!!

Timeline

Ah Baby Elias so cute and that is great that he is coming home tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the pics.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I am an elementary music teacher with over 500 students. I have a lot of names to remember. Trying to get use to my new last name this year. They were calling my new name over the loud speaker 3 times and finally one of my Kers said Mrs. they want u and I was like dauh thats me. Anways over summer break I teach summer school reading and math. I can't imagining working overtime. I have lesson plans, paper to grades, winter program, a vetrans program and more programs to put together. Wait I do work over time but never paid for it :lol: . I am just hoping my hubby gets this new touring group with Mr. Vegas a dancehall gig so I wont have to get another job. We should know in 2 weeks. praying. I make just enough to pay what I need to. If I dont pay everything off I make it a point to save something. Also I invested in the stock markets some day they will be hot again and I am still in my twentys plenty of time. Also another good way to invest for future schwab accounts for all those having childeren. Wait I sorda have a part time job I forgot I teach private woodwind lessons after school is out for the day whoops!!!

Thats me back to listening to the new music I bought for my students and putting together lessons.

Take care all

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I work at a Medical School in the Tech Transfer department as a staff accountant (boring) for the last 14 years. I put up with a lot of ####### there but it is so flexible it is hard to leave. I come and go as a I please, don't use time for dentist or doctor appointments, vacations I can pretty much take them when I want..... I get 4 weeks, 3 days vacation every year, 21 sick days that I can carry over and 5 personal days plus we have 13 paid holidays. That's a lot of vacations........

I also work weekends for the most part. I sell Rainbow swingsets and I make pretty good money for the hours I work. I started doing that 3 years ago to save for a down payment on a condo in Jamaica. But I never did save, I would just go don't for more vacations. The only good thing is I have not been racking up more debt I use the extra money for that. So it is a good trade-off for me.

I could live on my regular pay if I did not like to travel but that is something I will do as long as I am able to.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
don't use time for dentist or doctor appointments, vacations I can pretty much take them when I want..... I get 4 weeks, 3 days vacation every year, 21 sick days that I can carry over and 5 personal days plus we have 13 paid holidays. That's a lot of vacations........

Dayum!!!! Wow!! I get 31 PTOS (sick, vacation and personal all in one)! It sucks but I try not to argue, because I do get other perks and I have a great salary, but I would trade a lil cash for some more time off! :yes:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.