Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline
Oh my gosh, I am so tired my eyes will barely stay open -_- I am still at work :angry: So far, I am not liking 3rd shift. Has anyone been on the midnight shift before? I need all the ideas I can get on how to cope with this. There is nothing I can do short of quitting my job to get out of it and I can't afford to quit. :help:

Rhonda, I sure sympathize. I worked the day shift for 14 years and HATED it, until I started working overnites at a hotel, doing third shift. I loved that, just loved it, becuz I am such a night owl. It was almost miserable on me doing days, as it is on you doing nites, and I just never realized how much it affected my health, etc. My opinion is that, unless you are actually a nite owl, there is nothing in the world you can do to get used to it, its just a killer on you. Working nites can cause all sorts of health problems from what I have read. My natural inclination is too sleep in two cycles, which is the way nite people seem to sleep, and thats why days are so hard on us, cuz you dont get your two cycles. Normal people sleep in one long cycle, nite people sleep about 4 and 4 or 5 and 3 and its miserable when you dont get your normal pattern in.

I really dont have any suggestions, I am positively sure tho that working nights for a day person is much harder on your system than you would ever guess.

Lake had a pretty good job offer for a rotating shift, and since he is a day person, we kind of talked it over and nixed the idea, I think it would have killed him. The way it is, second is no picnic for him, but liveable. The idea of the money was nice tho, it would have been about $2600 a month. I am not even sure I could do rotating shifts tho...ack! Thats why they payed so much.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Good morning everyone!

No news yet from the new mother?

The wait is just as bad as waiting for an NOA...

I received my notice that my packet has been forwarded to Kingston but yet when I called the NVS it tells me they do not have a record of receiving my packet yet. Oh well I have a case number for Kingston. Is there anyway I can track that number to see if they have received it yet? There was no DHL number on the letter.

Question...Did your fiance have a difficult with adjusting to the rules here in the states? My guy is being so pig headed and the arguments have been more frequent. I try to explain that is how it is done here and that is the rule or the law. He is having a hard time getting past that. And it is not like he has never left Jamaica before, he has been working for the cruise industry for the last 10 years and has been all over the world.

Thick headed Jamaican!!!!

Darlene, I have to laugh, its not ONLY Jamaicans. Lake really has a difficult time with that. The wait for two weeks for that stupid background check to come in before he could start working was just THE END for him, boy did I ever hear about it.

He even got mad this week and muttered something about he should just go home and forget everything, and thats THE FIRST time he ever said that. Of course it a very heated discussion that shouldnt have happened and my mom was the cause of it all and has to make things so damned difficult sometimes and it was all about that.

I finally told her that dammit it was MY choice and what did she want me to do, divorce? I thot that mite wake her up, and I think it did, as she doesnt want THAT for me either! I love him to pieces but she goes back to the past and the way dad did, and of course ALL men are that way. For pity sake, it all started over him mowing the yard and leaving a lot of clumps in the grass, but HE didnt know, he really hadnt EXPERIENCED lawns til he got here, all he needed was to be told.

I really dont know how he does it, even being Indian and being accustomed to all living together.

I cant afford to move out, and the house IS half mine, but what does one do? I really hate to sell my half to her and just leave either, she is 80 and cant do too much on her own anymore either. Sigh...sorry this has turned into a rant, and way off subject.

Its funny tho, Lake is in the second week of the job, and he has an inbox at work. :lol: He gets about 5 memo's a day from the supe and the first day, the supe had about 15 in his inbox from way back last year, just so he would be up to speed...its way too funny cuz I had warned him America is the land of paperwork, but he is only now beginning to really see what I mean! In less than two weeks, he has a stack two inches high. :lol:

Another thing is how like when we are fishing, he wants to tell people to go away, we are fishing there! I was a bit incredulous of this at first, I told him you CANT do that! He didnt understand why not, in his country you tell them that and they go on, or there is a fight. :help: Also hunting, the rules about not shooting anything if its not in season and you dont have a license. Especially when they are raising babies, he says well we will just take the babies and raise em up. URRGHH!

Now since I wont let him hunt indiscriminately, he wants to try to hit something with the car...(errr..he did til I explained a car cost about $20,000, expense hunting and you might get killed to boot) another :help:

So yea, there a lot of things, its really funny most of the time tho. :lol:

Sorry for going way off topic earlier, think I needed to get it off my chest tho.

Hugs to all.

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Timeline

Wow, still catching up, away from the board a couple days and look what all i miss. Anyhow, I forgot to welcome Rhonda home!

And congrats to Squitto's, hope you get that card soon.

My condolences to Jax, so sorry to hear.

And to Tali...long posts... :lol: Now I have a rival. :lol:

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on the weddings, GCs, trips to Jamaica, and Baby Elias! We received an e-mail that a welcome letter had been mailed. Does anyone know whether they send an approval letter after that or does a green card come?

Timeline

Ooops, I meant congrats on the green card to Squittos! I hadnt read all the posts yet. :lol:

Ann, we got the green card shortly after (I think it was four days) after the welcome letter.

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

do you definitely need 3 years of tax returns? I have 2005 and 2004, cannot find 2003. I make well above the poverty level so do you think that would be a problem? I will have to rip through my house to find 03's.

Do I need to get a police record or is that just on the other end?

Thanks

Darlene-I have gottne the transcripts from teh IRS because I cannot find the tax returns. # years should be fine- try and get 2003 from the IRS. It is free and takes about 2 weeks to get to you.

I have always been under the impression that the PC is for the benificiary. I told my husband he need to go his- if I have to get on too thatis gonna be hard.

Thanks Denden- I am more excited- I still can't believe it. I have to start thinking like that .

I heard they are asking for only latest year tax return. I think they have changed the forms. Well, we got a touch today on AOS. No status change.

Nope...you still need 3 years even though they probably will only look at the latest but they did ask for all three at my interview last month.

HELP!!!! HELP!!!! HELP!!!! :help::help::help:

Okay....we went to get Duane's ID card from DMV today and they told him they can't issue it!!! HELLO???? Why not....???? They said the I-94 expires on October 17, 2006 so we need an extention??? Has anyone ever heard of that before?? October is whne the 90 days are up but we got married before then and we are filing the AOS/EAD this week. Help guys!!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats on the weddings, GCs, trips to Jamaica, and Baby Elias! We received an e-mail that a welcome letter had been mailed. Does anyone know whether they send an approval letter after that or does a green card come?

Congrats :dance: . We got our green card after the welcome letter.

Congrats the Squittos :dance: .

Jax - my prayers are with you and your family (L) .

Hey guys just popped in for a really quick second. Jay is 10 months now and tearing everything down and i am so happy that he is because these past few weeks have certainly been a trial. me, richie and jay spent the weekend from peditrician to one hospital to the next. please pray for my family because i am truly being tested right now.

lovew you guys and miss you all so much!

I'll pray for your baby and family (L)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone!

We just got back from Jamaica last night. :blush: We had a lot of fun but the time flew by. 4 nights is just too short, especially when we have so many people to visit. We had a blast at Margaritaville the night of Tony's birthday. I got so drunk I did the Dutty Wine :dance::D:devil: And I actually did a pretty good job of it! Although I did pull a muscle in my neck that hurt for 2 days :o

I'm here at work now and not happy about it :angry: I'm on 3rd shift (midnights) as of today :ranting: I'm convinced that my boss hates me. No one else here gets moved around all the time like I do.

Going back to catch up now. Looks like I have about 9 pages to read :reading:

Welcome back Rhonda.

Hey ladies.. keep my family in your prayers my uncle Lowell died this morning. He went out at 3am to smoke when he couldn't sleep and had a heart attack we think. So I will be going to his visitation Thursday. (F)

My prayers are with you and your family. Very sorry to hear this news. Hope you are doing okay.

We just received this email alert today:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 19, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

:D

Congratulations, The Squittos

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Hi there. My fiancee and I just made it through the process and arrived in NC on Friday the 18th. The advice you are getting is right on. I can't tell you how well the advice served us. Please stay positive. I posted my interview story yesterday. But I posted it in the wrong place. I think this is the link. Hope it helps. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=96&t=27953 :D

I had a lot of trouble completing my final paperwork too. One minute I was head over heels in love - ready to do anything for my man to get here. The next minute I was wondering if I should have my head examined. :wacko: When I got to the I-134 and saw all the personal financial information I was going to have to disclose, I freaked. But after some prayer (and some wine), I relaxed and decided that I'd rather live with a mistake than a regret. So I took a few deep breaths and pulled it together. I'm so happy I did.

I-134: I attached the last 3 years of my 1040 and W2 forms, a letter from my employer saying I was a regular full time employee in good standing making $xyz annually. I got a letter on bank letterhead with my balances. And I also attached a copy of my mortgage statement and my 401k. I probably didn't need the mortgage or 401k stuff - but I didn't want to take any chances.

They did not ask for a certified copy of my marriage certificate. In fact, since I am divorced, they actually gave me back my marriage certificate. They did take my divorce certificate. I had a certified copy with me but since they didn't ask for it specifically, I didn't provide it. It seemed to be fine.

My fiancee was dead set against overnighting in Kingston. He wanted to leave Negril at 2:30 am and drive. But advice from this forum convinced him otherwise. It was a wise move. The drive to Kingston from Negril was LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG and tiring. My fiancee drives like a madman. I spent half the trip in prayer, and the other half thinking "gee, I really ought to be praying" :) And all this on a Jamaican holiday! I can't imagine traveling in "rush hour". The stress would have been overwhelming.

We stayed at the Hilton. It was really expensive but very worth it to be so close to the embassy. Just get there early. And apply lots of bug spray before you go.

Thanks for the info. I feel somewhat better about pulling all of this together. The wine part is right up my alley. :lol::lol:. However, getting my husband to do what he needs to do is another story.

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Timeline
Good mornign Ladies:

I just emailed the embassy in Jamaica:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:19 AM

To: Consularkingst

Subject: K3 Petition for KNG2006######

Good Morning Sir/Madam:

I am emailing you in regards to my husband's petition for a K3 visa.

· I would like to know if the petition was received and also when would packet 3 be issued?

· If it is possible I would also like to be informed of how far along the interviews for K3 visas are being given out for?

· While waiting for packet 3 to arrive my husband get his police report or is getting the police report contingent upon packet 3?

In regards to me (my name) do

1. I require also a birth certificate if I am a Jamaican national with US citizenship?

2. Does a copy of the original marriage certificate stamped by a notary constitute ( stand for) a certified copy for the interview?

The case number is KNG2006######

Paul Phillips -Husband

DOB: ##/##/####

123 Timbuktoo Lane

Bull Bay, St. Andrew

Marsha-Ann Phillips - Wife

DOB: ##/##/####

999 Tomas Avenue

New York, NY

10039, 1B

Thank you for your consideration to this email your kindness is appreciated.

and this is there reply a few minutes later-:Wed 8/23/2006 11:35 AM

Hello:

Our records show that on August 15, 2006, the Embassy received an approved I-129F petition filed by you on behalf of your husband, Paul Phillips. On August 23, we sent the necessary forms and instructions concerning the requirements for a "K3" visa to Mr. Phillips at 123 Timbuktoo Lane, Bull Bay, St. Andrew, Jamaica. As soon as your fiance :no: has the required documents in his possession, he should complete and return the Form DS-230 Part 1 to the Embassy. When the date is determined, we will mail an appointment letter to him at the above address. After receiving the appointment letter, he should contact one of the Embassy's panel physicians (listed on the back of the medical form) and schedule his medical exam for at least ten days before the visa interview. He can apply for his police certificate any time now because it does not expire for one year.

While we do not need to see your birth certificate, we will need an original marriage certificate if the marriage took place in Jamaica, (issued by the Registrar General's Department), or a notarized copy of the marriage licence or certificate if the marriage took place in the U.S.

The documents that you will need to send for his to submit at the visa interview are as follows:

i) an original signed and notarized Affidavit of Support (I-134),

ii) copies of your 2005 recent federal income tax returns and W-2 form, and

iii) a current employment letter and/or pay stubs.

The fee for a "K3" visa is US$100 which is payable at any branch of Paymaster (Jamaica) Limited prior to the visa interview.

If the visa is approved at the time of the interview, it will be issued for collection in four to five working days

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

American Embassy

Kingston, Jamaica

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

This e-mail is unclassified based on the definitions provided in E.O. 12958

Desparate,

I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your email. I want to see whether they tell me the same thing. I haven't emailed them yet. So let me know if it's not okay.

Hey guys just popped in for a really quick second. Jay is 10 months now and tearing everything down and i am so happy that he is because these past few weeks have certainly been a trial. me, richie and jay spent the weekend from peditrician to one hospital to the next. please pray for my family because i am truly being tested right now.

Hope everything is allright. You guys are definitely in my prayers.

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: Timeline

Hope everything is allright. You guys are definitely in my prayers.

Ditto. You're in my thoughts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.