Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
"Good morning, Sweetie" every morning?

My hubby tells me the same thing every morning. :luv:

Hello eveyone from the Natural state. Where I am visiting my family. My brother came down from California, we hadn't seen each other in 16 years. We'll return home tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend :P

hey guys!

baby is almost 3 months and its time to go out there and get a job. any tips on how to get one quickly? besides looking in the papers, that is. also plan to pursue RN (need job first though). help me out experts.

Try getting a position as a unit clerk, most hospital will train you. Good luck.:thumbs:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Good morning,

Kim congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Topic for today:

Now that you're living together what is the one quality that stands out that your spouse/fiance has that makes you say 'I am the most fortunate/lucky/blessed woman/man in the world'?

The one thing that stand out in our household is that hubby shows me that the word "Love" is an verb, instead of a word used to describe a feeling. He hardly ever tells me he loves me anymore but it's okay. Because he so puts his love for me into action: he serves me, he makes sacrifices for me, he listens, empathizes, appreciates and affirms me. No 'I love you" can ever replace it !!!!! :luv:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Timeline
Hello eveyone from the Natural state. Where I am visiting my family. My brother came down from California, we hadn't seen each other in 16 years. We'll return home tomorrow.

Ok Dee- I had to look up "Natural state"(Arkansas). I never heard that before. Enjoy your vacation and visit with family.

Good morning,

Topic for today:

Now that you're living together what is the one quality that stands out that your spouse/fiance has that makes you say 'I am the most fortunate/lucky/blessed woman/man in the world'?

The one thing that stand out in our household is that hubby shows me that the word "Love" is an verb, instead of a word used to describe a feeling. He hardly ever tells me he loves me anymore but it's okay. Because he so puts his love for me into action: he serves me, he makes sacrifices for me, he listens, empathizes, appreciates and affirms me. No 'I love you" can ever replace it !!!!! :luv:

:thumbs: actions DO speak louder than words :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jax- Your pics are beautiful.....you look so gorgeous!!!! Everyone looks like they had a great time......

Hey Michele-I see you are up early this am.....hope you are having a great weekend!

WHERE ARE YOU ELIAS??????

Duane and I are having a great weekend....we went to the water park yesterday....we had soo much fun going down all those waterslides.....it felt like we were kids again.....then we went and ate dinner at a Jamaican restaurant in Oakland....

We are going to a wedding today in San Francisco.....then we are having a Big BBQ celebration with friends and family tomorrow.......It feels soooo good to be married..... (L)(L)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What's everyone doing for the weekend?

A whole lot of nothing for me.

You take advantage of that "nothing" time. Before you know it Elias will be occupying all of your free time :luv:

Also thinking of Myisha(Ricardoswife)due in September, and Kimone2004 interviewing for AOS on 8/23 and also due with the twins around the same time :o .

Have a good weekend everyone!

I forgot Myisha was due in September - she was only a month off from me, maybe she will go early and me late and we'll have a Yardie baby boom :lol: And where is Kimone???? How are you both doing Kimone and Myisha?!! We need baby updates :D

Ok Dee- I had to look up "Natural state"(Arkansas). I never heard that before. Enjoy your vacation and visit with family.

Thanks, I was wondering too :lol::lol:

Duane and I are having a great weekend....we went to the water park yesterday....we had soo much fun going down all those waterslides.....it felt like we were kids again.....then we went and ate dinner at a Jamaican restaurant in Oakland....

We are going to a wedding today in San Francisco.....then we are having a Big BBQ celebration with friends and family tomorrow.......It feels soooo good to be married..... (L)(L)

Sounds like a fun weekend! Hope everyone else is having a good one too.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: Timeline

Awww :luv: Looks like you're having a great weekend. Enjoy!! Can I crash your ccokout? :P

I forgot Myisha was due in September - she was only a month off from me, maybe she will go early and me late and we'll have a Yardie baby boom :lol: And where is Kimone???? How are you both doing Kimone and Myisha?!! We need baby updates :D

I just got a PM from Myisha-she says that she's doing well but very tired and excited. She's due in a couple more weeks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Congrats to Tanya(Tali) and fiance!! They sailed through their interview and are now home!!! :dance::dance:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Tali :dancing:.

Jax - your pictures are beautiful. Love the dress. Damien knows your fiance. He said they used to live in the same neighborhood growing up. And he's the best musician in Mo Bay :thumbs:.

Damien and I planned on going to the beach this weekend but two of my family members are in the hospital. We need to stay local to help out. Please keep us in your prayers.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey guys!

baby is almost 3 months and its time to go out there and get a job. any tips on how to get one quickly? besides looking in the papers, that is. also plan to pursue RN (need job first though). help me out experts.

Hey Babyjules!

Where are you again? NY? And what do you want to do? What did you do back home?

Congrats Georgia!!! :dance::dance::lol: @ your DNA/maternity test. :lol: We miss you around here, but then we know you have your hands full!!

i live in new york. i worked as a Senior Secretary in Jamaica. i also have an associate degree plus 74 college credits. i hear employers tend to give preference to persons who have done courses here. is that true?

Not always. But there is a tendency to "dismiss" certain foreign diplomas. I would start with the City of New York. Here is their job website - live in it for the next few weeks and apply for everything you have and interest in and are remotely qualified for and see how it goes. Click on NYC Job Opportunities or search by the department listed. Good luck!

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sjb- Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for a speedy recovery for family members. Wow Your hubby knows mine. A downtown man hmmm. We will have to get togther sometime then when my hubby gets up. Probably in a year I would say. Amazing What a small world.

Kim your weekend sounds fun!! Take me please :lol: . Congrats on your wedding :thumbs: . Do you feel any different?

AnnTaylor- That's a bummer keep your head up on AOS your turn is coming soon.

Tenika - I love your Forever-Love Principles!! A great read indeed.

Babyjules- Best wishes on the job hunt. Wish I could help but sorry I can't help you in your search. I have only applied for professional teaching jobs. When I was in college I worked in the cornfields during the summer and I sure there is not a lot of corn were u live :lol: . All the best with your hunt.

Popcorn - glad to hear your interview went well! All the best with your FBI check to come.

Elizabeth- Hi you were so right Carolyn Barrett was great I can't thank you enough for recomending a great wedding corrdinator. I think we spent to much money but this only happens one time in our lives. Carolyn made sure that my Jamaican cater didn't over charge me. I wish I would of went with her caterying service. Ours stunk warning never go with Miss Ann's catering in Montego Bay by Jarrett park horriable nothing was right. Okay one dish curried goat. Lets say Dwain was so upset. She had this wonderful French Photographer for us and Videographer. He was suppose to do video only but he did some pics and made a fab musical slide show. Thumbs up To Mrs. Barrett :thumbs:

Desperatewife Congrats on the K-3 going to JA interview soon and a new journey about to start very wonderful.

Anna Hi how is everything going? Are you still planning a JA wedding? Have you decided on a date if so? Well I will be around your neck of the woods next weekend. My girlfriend has her b-day and I am sure u both live in the same city. Take care

Shauna - Congratulations your interview :dance: will soon be here before you know it! Thanks for the add to myspace also :whistle: ! Love your site. Congrats on Mike's new job. All the best.

Rhonda and Tony hope you are having a wonderful trip!

Sbys- Hey I thought your little bundle of joy would be born before I got back. If your little one doesn't come soon are they going to induce you? Stay strong it has to be anytime now enjoy your life being silent right now before your little one will be waking up every few hours. :star:

All the best to everyone else. If I forgot someone sorry. I will add the details of the wedding tomorrow. Wow I am all caught up that took a while. mmmm I miss my red stripe oh yeah and my husband. :P(L)

One Luv

Jax

PS my photo book on yahoo will be done soon 104 pics loaded and get more from parents tomorrow.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Well I am catching up once again. I wanted to congratulate Nannygirl and Desperatewife, always great to hear good news.

And congrats on Jax and to Kim on being "old married ladies" now. :lol:

And to everyone else that has good news.

Anyone have any opinions on the question I asked last, about whether you would let your supe know now about coming Christmas leave?

Well, he finished his first week of work, I think he likes it pretty well. He is a bit grumpy when he works tho, I am glad he had so much "adjustment" time before he started working. Frankly I am not real sure he would have been ready, he COULD have done it, but he boy he has learned a lot this last year, and I think perhaps the older you are, the harder it probably is on a person adjusting.

I am surprised at how many of you took your spouses to water parks. I mentioned it several times, but Lake is afraid he will catch a cold, pneumonia, etc. He says a hot day and cold water do NOT mix! I am incredulous, it even bothers him when he washes the car, he tries to be SOOOO careful not to get wet, even on those 100 degree days we had! I dont get it? He thinks drinking cold water gives him a sore throat too. :lol: He sure has some weird ideas!

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Tali :dancing:.

Jax - your pictures are beautiful. Love the dress. Damien knows your fiance. He said they used to live in the same neighborhood growing up. And he's the best musician in Mo Bay :thumbs:.

Damien and I planned on going to the beach this weekend but two of my family members are in the hospital. We need to stay local to help out. Please keep us in your prayers.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Sorry Jax - I was tired last night. Damien knows your HUSBAND!! It took me awhile to say the "H" word :lol: I love saying it now.

Poprcorn - Congrats on your AOS interview. Did the baby turn 1 year-old yet?

Kim - Sounds like you two are having fun. Have a beautiful day at the BBQ.

Dee - I'm glad you're enjoying time with family.

Thanks for your prayers.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi everyone!!!! hope everyone had a GREAT weekend....it was so NICE not to be working!!! went to my parents house to do some visiting with friends and family....went to a market with my sister and her family yesterday morning and got a luie viton purse...but sshh it's fake :lol::lol: then went to my brothers scrimage football game and then later when to dinner with my friend and the movies we went to see step up....and it was a good movie there is one sad part but other than that it was good!!!

as for today i am doing NOTHING!!! :lol::lol:

i have tried calling kingston but NO answer and then when i did get someone the transferd me and no one ever picked up!!! is there another number to call?? i got the 876-935-6000 does anyone know of another number???

so the other night i was talking to mike about something to do with montego bay and he was like no no no it is not MONtego bay....it is GALtego bay :lol::huh: and i said uumm what?? and he said for girls it is MONtego bay but for the guys it is GALtego Bay.... :lol::lol: and i said ok mike whatever you say :lol::lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your family will be in my prayers (L)

Tali - Congrats on the interview, I glad it went smoothly :dance:

Sbys- Hey I thought your little bundle of joy would be born before I got back. If your little one doesn't come soon are they going to induce you? Stay strong it has to be anytime now enjoy your life being silent right now before your little one will be waking up every few hours. :star:

I thought he would be here by now too - but no such luck. I'm being induced tomorrow - I have to be at the hospital at 7:30am. This is my last day before I become a mommy... so strange :blush:

Edited by Sbys

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
And congrats on Jax and to Kim on being "old married ladies" now. :lol:

Old I though middle aged now :lol:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.